-alone-

I try to NEVER go a calendar month without reading this, and being moved to tears by this beautiful genius' take on life.

You're immortal, Spedly.<3

If, hypothetically, we ever decide to create a forum entitled "Best of Best of Bluelight," it should, in my opinion, contain exactly one thread.

This one.

*BUMP!*

Agreed. Of course, I am a wee bit biased ;)

I try to NEVER go a calendar month without reading this, and being moved to tears by this beautiful genius' take on life.

You're immortal, Spedly.<3

Indeed he is immortal, LL. Not a day goes by that I don't think of the late love of my life, especially since the new love of my life (my son) is his namesake. He may not be his child biologically, but in my heart little Josh is Spedly Jr. :) In time I'll tell him all about the man he's named after (perhaps leaving out some of the more colourful moments LOL).

This thread was always my favorite, but one of these days I'd like to get around to posting in memoriam some of Spedly's "unpublished" works... the poems he wrote to me throughout our courtship and marriage... there's some really amazing stuff... My love was a talented, beautiful, amazing man.

Thanks for the bumps, I may not post anymore, but lately I've been lurking around and reading this thread again brought back some truly wonderful memories. Bittersweet, but wonderful still *sigh*

I hope you are well, LL. I've missed this place, and the whole lot of you... ;)

<3

So, this made me cry. Yet again. I envy a life with this kind of devotion in it.

And Mel, I've been away a long time, but congrats on the little Josh. Probably not so little any more. That made me smile through the tears.

Our memories serve us so far too well at times. Though I never met Josh, or you, Melissa, my heart is with both of you, all that came before, and all that will become. I wish you blessings and comfort. <3

How many years it has been. And how much love is still in my heart and soul for (and because of) you. Sweet Josh, darling boy, I did what I promised... every day that has passed, I have spent making you proud.

In love now, the romantic kind that I spent a lifetime trying to avoid. And aly is still a part of every day, married to the best friend of a man that I call my own. We live on the same road and still call many of the people we met here family.

It filled me with joy to come here after so much time away, and to see this. There is a picture of you in my living room, and not a day goes by that it is unnoticed.

Mel, what can be said? That you are living each day, happy, and a MOM now! As I've said for much of this decade - your strength and capacity for love amaze me, and are a constant source of inspiration.

Loving you both, and always thinking of you....

dags

Seven Years.

Oh, how I miss you my love. Seven years ago today you were lost to us... *sigh*

{{DAGS}} I have so much to say... <3

7 years. It's been that long since I sat on the left hand side of a small church with a few special loved ones...

We were surrounded by Jehovah's witnesses, had been crying and stunned all day. So afraid when that the hour in that church would finally be too much to bear.

And then the "Holy man" started the ceremony - and the man sounded EXACTLY like he was presiding over the wedding in the movie "The Princess Bride."

"Wuv, twoo wuv..." What happened next was so exquisitely perfect, because we laughed. You loved that, didn't you? Miss you sweetheart.

Effective IMMEDIATELY, I hereby decree that this gem shall NEVER again fall to the second page of Best Of Bluelight!

EVER!

Spedly, you have achieved immortality through your hauntingly beautiful art, and, even more importantly, based on all of the wonderful indelible marks you have made on so many people - both through your poetry, and, even moreso, as a beautiful human being.

I love you, Spedly. <3

- L to the L

Happy Anniversary, my love. I miss you more than words could possibly convey - even your words. <3

"Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life." - Leo Buscaglia

Had a dream with you in it last night Josh. You're still in our hearts and minds - we won't ever be alone, thanks to you. <3

Reedly, LL, thanks for helping to keep this beautiful monument to (and from) Josh alive here on Bluelight. I haven't been around in nearly a year, but when I do come 'round, this is always my first stop. <3

I miss you both something terrible. :\

Damn. God damn I can't believe how beautiful somepeoples words are.

That was a wonderful connection between you and that old man..
How i wish i could have seen your auras haha..

Wonderful story dude. There isn't much I can say that would explain how this post made me feel.

July 7 did not pass by quickly, Josh. Even after 8 years you filled the day with so many lovely memories, smiles + tears that it was the longest of Wednesday's. Thanks for that. <3

Another year gone by...

This year was a tough one, my love. Perhaps because I've been so clear-headed for so long now, those memories rush back to me with such force it's simply overwhelming. Little Josh is starting to ask questions about you... and I have a hard time finding the words to explain to him just how special and wonderful you were. Do you hear him call out "Good night, Daddy!" every night before drifting off to sleep? Do you hear the quiet sobs that I sometimes cannot stifle? So often I wish you were here with us, that you were here to guide him into becoming the man that you were... but I'm doing the best I can - alone.

I miss you baby... you are still the last thought in my mind as I fall asleep and the first thought in my mind upon waking. Those few blissful moments between being asleep and awake are magical - most times I forget that you aren't here, perhaps on purpose, perhaps not, but before fully waking I swear I feel you next to me, stroking my cheek like you used to and whispering "I love you, baby" *sigh*

I love you baby. I will see you in the magic hour... <3

-------------

{{{Dags))) <3

Dear Spedly,

You made me laugh virtually EVERY single time that I ever talked to you.

Thank you for that.

And you make me cry EVERY single time I read the masterpiece which begins this thread.

Thank you for that, as well.

Love,

LL

<3

Josh,
I haven't been here in years but I felt i needed it. I am not lost. I am good. But as with every tree we must always step back into the roots that make us grow. I miss my kids and I know they are good. IF they weren't you would lead them back to me. You are still truly missed. Your smile and loving nature is locked in my minds eye and will never leave. You are special to each of us. Thank you for giving us that link. To remind us of things past and how no matter what we are linked.

love
mommyhen!