• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc All drugs

Goodluck! You’ll do fine!! Just believe in yourself.
Going for intake for outpatient tmrw. Scared it’s not going to be good enough and I’ll have to do impatient which I’m dreading.

Goodluck! You’ll do fine!! Just believe in yourself.
Well I went to my assessment this morning and they said I need a higher level of care. Asked last time I used and I said earlier. They told me to give them my keys, I refused. They said they’ll call the cops if I leave, I left. Just got home.
So now I have psych appt @430. My psych said if I’m not in a program by today, she’s discharging me. Mind you, I’m on high doses of antipsychotics. I’m having a great day!
My old sponsor was going to do my assessment and she said I look like shit, I’m skinny and I need help. I’m fucking 5’9” and weigh 170 which is a healthy weight.
Idk wth to do with myself.

Message me if you feel comfortable talking about it and I can give you some insight based on my experience.
Well I went to my assessment this morning and they said I need a higher level of care. Asked last time I used and I said earlier. They told me to give them my keys, I refused. They said they’ll call the cops if I leave, I left. Just got home.
So now I have psych appt @430. My psych said if I’m not in a program by today, she’s discharging me. Mind you, I’m on high doses of antipsychotics. I’m having a great day!
My old sponsor was going to do my assessment and she said I look like shit, I’m skinny and I need help. I’m fucking 5’9” and weigh 170 which is a healthy weight.

A rehab facility cannot threaten you with legal action like that unless you're there for legal reasons or a danger to yourself or others. Especially at an assessment to see if you want to ho there. Forgive me if I missed something but I'm a little confused. I've done inpatient before and they said you're free to walk out the door at any time.

Did you use like immediately before you got there then told them that when they asked? That I can understand, that's essentially confessing that you're driving while intoxicated.

A rehab facility cannot threaten you with legal action like that unless you're there for legal reasons or a danger to yourself or others. Especially at an assessment to see if you want to ho there. Forgive me if I missed something but I'm a little confused. I've done inpatient before and they said you're free to walk out the door at any time.

Did you use like immediately before you got there then told them that when they asked? That I can understand, that's essentially confessing that you're driving while intoxicated.
I told them last time I did a line of meth was 5am. You see but, meth doesn’t bug me out. It focuses me and calms me. I don’t get bat shit crazy on it. I was totally fine.
So soon as they started walking away, I bolted out the door and took backroads home.

i think suboxone Would be the best option for you ATM.You could also do some research on Ibogaine if you can afford going to México.Altho u needa do some Medical check up before you try that, there's a Small chance you.can have.an adverse effects on Ibogaine but it's a very effective way to reset your opiate addiction if rehab hssnt worked AND you dnt wanns go on sub/methadone msintence therapy. @Xorkoth could give you some More info on Ibogaine,he succesfully quit a 10 year opi addiction with it.GL on getting better. cheers NZN
Hey thank you for the reply. I would prob die if I took a suboxone these days. I had my heroin days and did the subs but hated them.
My problem now is mainly meth. I do pills like once a month and Xanax here and there but no wd

Meth is more of a psychological dependent substance. Of course there is a withdrawal, but at least you're not going to sweat buckets while freezing cold and unable to eat and sleep for an extended area of time. That being said, some people really do struggle kicking heavy stimulant habits. There's going to be a lot of ahedonia, depression, sleepiness, and etc. The sooner you get out though the more benign the withdrawals will be. I think if you're serious about trying to clean yourself up now is the time to start making attempts. There's always usually going to be relapsing involved, and it's a long process to adjust to life without a substance you're dependent on no longer being involved in your daily routine. If your habits stay the same it will only be that much harder to sober up as your brain progressively becomes more dependent on stimulants for dopamine balance. In a way, I wonder if prolonged methamphetamine use causes longer depression than opiates do. I think that varies so much on using habits though. As you know--like with heroin eventually the meth will not have any euphoria or positive effects at all if you continue. So trying to get off that monster sooner than later will go a long way even if it's a bumpy ride of repeated failure. I'm sure you did not kick the opiate lifestyle in one go. You've overcome that so you know what it takes. It's easy to rationalize your use and stay on track with the same daily using habits but you can't want to stay clean while using. There's got to be some major attempt involved eventually. Can you possibly cut off contact with any sources for methamphetamine?

It's also important that you do not abuse benzos to get off heavy stim use. Addicts tend to replace one substance with another :LOL: And to be honest xanax dependency is proven to be way more dangerous than methamphetamine or heroin dependency in a way believe it or not. You do not want excessive rebound anxiety or seizures to occur worst case scenario. The xanax is the most concerning thing imo, but meth is far more captivating and easier to abuse and much harder to quit for most than benzos. Once you get off meth, I have no doubt you will be dangerously bored for a long period of time. But it's the only way to get better and that'll stop in time. You might surprisingly find yourself happier without any substances at all or just very few on occasion. But to me it sounds like you've been using for a while. It's going to be a really rough adjustment. From what I've read you post the substances are causing you too much grief and you are no longer benefiting from using. What is the point of day after day using a substance that makes you miserable? The whole addiction thing usually tends to be about counteracting depression. Now you're just left with something you're forced to use regularly to avoid facing even more misery.

Last edited:
Very simple answer: you do that because you want to... Seriously, you only are where you are right now (As all of us) exclusively because a chain of decisions made by you. No one forced you, no one put a gun to your head, etc...

Having said that, you should try some strong psychedelic drug session like a strong mushroom tea or DMT, you need a serious bad trip on this stuff, they will make you see what you are doing and I am pretty sure you will be off drugs after that.

I told them last time I did a line of meth was 5am. You see but, meth doesn’t bug me out. It focuses me and calms me. I don’t get bat shit crazy on it. I was totally fine.
So soon as they started walking away, I bolted out the door and took backroads home.

You may think you are fine on drugs, but a rehab consultant will certainly not see it your way. That's most likely why they said that to you, I can't see any other reason for them trying to keep you there other than you confessing to a DWI. Maybe you should let them help you, what do you have to lose?

Sadly, I hope she’s fine but something tells me there’s more to it. That being said. Drug rehabs especially state ones do not stay open getting people clean. If you start it you should finish it. Because red flags will ruin your chances of ever being treated like a non addict again fuck rehab. But that’s also cause I got kicked out for being to aggressive with certain people.