• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ald-52

AFAIK it's not well studied in the literature but is believed to be very similar to LSD in effect - as teh wiki article points out, opinions seem to range from 'identical to LSD' to 'less potent and less anxiety-prone version of LSD', although I'm sure there are outlier reports of it being totally different from its better known cousin.

It's often claimed that a significant portion of the LSD on the market is actually ALD-52. I'm not aware of any literature documenting drug seizures and proportion of tabs/microdots confiscated that contained ALD-52, but it would be an interesting find - maybe there are some references buried in old Microgram publications?

I'm gonna need someone who actually has a better idea of the chemistry to correct me here, but from memory the process to synth ALD-52 required LSD-25 to first be synthesized and the fragility of ALD-52 was exponentially increased that it would be virtually impossible to remain intact on a street-market scale without resorting back to LSD-25.

Hopefully someone can sort out this mess of a post of mine (just woke up.. ;))

the process to synth ALD-52 required LSD-25 to first be synthesized and the fragility of ALD-52 was exponentially increased that it would be virtually impossible to remain intact on a street-market scale without resorting back to LSD-25.

You are correct, generally LSD is required as a precursor to ALD-52 synthesis. Tim Scully, when arrested, claimed that the "orange sunshine" he produced heavily during the late '60s was actually ALD-52 which was, at the time, unscheduled. I believe he also claimed that he had come across a different synthesis in which he didn't need LSD as a precursor, though I could be mistaken. Either way, even if chemists are making ALD-52, by the time it gets to most end users it will have degraded back into LSD, unless the people distributing and dealing it are aware of what they have and of the fact that it's more sensitive to environmental factors than LSD (which is unlikely, seeing as some people aren't even aware of, or refuse to practice, proper storage of LSD). Someday, I hope to give this a try, though it seems unlikely that I'll get the chance.

I highly doubt you're going to see any of the other synthetic ergolines/LSD analogues around like synthetic phenylethylamines, as nice as that would be. Well, as long as they wouldn't be masqueraded around as LSD... which, in reality, would happen I'm sure. Bad enough we get these DOx compounds being sold as lucy. But it looks to be as if all the LSD-related compounds are no easier to synth than LSD itself, and not to mention they're relatively unknown to the masses, so you'd probably have to be friends with a chemist who takes special orders to get your hands on it.

Also, if the body/stomach acts as a hydrolyzing agent, ALD-52 would practically be LSD-25, like how psilocybin is basically psilocin as the stomach dephosphorylates psilocybin into psilocin. Now, if ALD-52 was fairly stable, yet was turned into LSD in the stomach, that would be a useful compound since you wouldn't need to worry about storage conditions the way you have to with LSD. Unfortunately, this isn't the case. There doesn't just happen to be a known LSD analogue that has these characteristics, is there?

Last edited:
There doesn't just happen to be a known LSD analogue that has these characteristics that I'm missing, is there?

Not that I'm aware of unfortunately. As for essentially being LSD once it enters the body, you're probably right, but some people claim it has a more mellow come up which would make sense to me. I believe it's the same concept as 4-ACO-DMT, it's metabolized into psilocin just like psilocybin, but the come up is said to be more mellow. Either way it's unlikely that I'll come across any, though if I ever make friends with a chemist I'll certainly be asking for a chance to try it out.

Meh, I just wish decent LSD wasn't so hard to get hold of.

Either you buy bottles (and I don't want a bottle lying around, LSD should be a rare treat) or you wait for sheets to come around. They arrive, and they're gone in a week.

Would be so nice to be able to go out anytime I feel and just buy some tabs, alas, I find I have to really plan ahead.

Meh, I just wish decent LSD wasn't so hard to get hold of.

Either you buy bottles (and I don't want a bottle lying around, LSD should be a rare treat) or you wait for sheets to come around. They arrive, and they're gone in a week.

Would be so nice to be able to go out anytime I feel and just buy some tabs, alas, I find I have to really plan ahead.

I agree, it is really hard to find around here. I, like you said, also have to plan ahead to get any, whether it be going to a music fest or driving to the city i went to college in and digging up old hookups. :(

I agree, it is really hard to find around here. I, like you said, also have to plan ahead to get any, whether it be going to a music fest or driving to the city i went to college in and digging up old hookups. :(

I know what you mean man, I was in Ohio not too long ago. I almost scored some liquid while I was there, my pot supplier who I'd made good friends with was going to drive me out to his buddy's who apparently manufactured some pretty clean stuff. However, the day before we were supposed to go my supplier got pulled over with a bunch of illegal fireworks and got scared that he was being watched, next day the guy who was going to hook me up with the droppers got raided. :( Luckily we weren't there for it.