Alcoholism discussion thread v. 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sephr
How's everyone else doing? Jspun? You've gone quiet fella? You know I was kidding with that PM, right? I dunno, invite myself Stateside for a long stay over on my sobriety partner's sofa never to hear from the guy again! Pfffft! Hope you're ok mate. Did you make the three months yourself?

Still sober partner. Just made 4 months...sorry posts went cold. Hope your doing good seph. Hope your all doing good for that matter.

Was in LA and San Francisco last month and busy with work this month... hence I fell off map so to speak

Just got a new sponsor.

ps we even have a guest room sepher...unless you prefer sofas.;)

Heyyyy, good to see you back Jspun. :) I did wonder when you disappeared on us whether . . . well . . you know. Great to hear on the 4 months. I'm still with you buddy. I hit 4 months this wednesday coming. :D

Guest room is it? Hmmmm. *strokes chin, lightbulb moment* Well, seeing as I can't get a visa in my own right I wonder what fake passports go for these days? Naw, scratch that. I hear law enforcement monitors sites like this and seeing as I've now posted my ugly mug all over the TDS photo thread I'm not sure that's gonna work. Damn you TDS photo thread, damn you all to hell! :X

i thought after 6 mos of not drinking mouth wash i wouldn't be tempted. . . i am so screwed SCREWED SCREWED SCREWED. fuck me!!!! how long will it take me to die/get my shit together
fuck all everything. i hate it all. all of everything. i WOULD be dead already except there's no one to take care of my cats. as silly as it sounds, they have kept me alive thus far. every time i've tried to commit suicide, i've had to contact someone to come take care of them in my absence and i've not been clever or fast enough to avoid those people. thus i'm still here. and drinking listerine again. i've only done it once, but doing it at all is very indicative of how bad things are. i wish i had the money for rehab again. it . it. hmmmmmmmmmmmm. i hate everything. if there's a devil (which i don't believe in) it is BOOZE. fuck booze. fuck me, fuck my life, fuck everyone everywhere. if i had the money i'd pull a nick cage in leaving las vegas.
yours truly,
hate and despair

edit: i have the most beautiful and unique blue tortoise shell - they are rare. and i have a boisterous tuxedo with a perfect batman mask on her face. my loves. if someone would take care of them...

Last edited:
Last night, smoking my last cigarette, staring at the vast sky, pretending I was introspective, I realized (yet again) alcohol so often lead me into the briar patch: lately and namely heroin and meaningless sex, which in turn leads to massive self-loathing. I feel remiss in this statement though, b/c it seems to minimize the destruction of the drinking unto itself. It is a violent noxious punishment on my diabetic body. Really, doubtlessly, it isn't unrealistic it will kill me in the next ten years.

I promised myself I would stop. But I'm scared b/c I've never stopped long. And I've never so solemnly and earnestly sworn to myself that this truly would be the end....

Sephrps we even have a guest room sepher...unless you prefer sofas.;)

Sepher, if you are smuggling yourself out to San Diego lemme know so we can hang out!

i honestly and truly know that heroin is better for me than alcohol. just a lot easier to kill yourself with than alcohol is. luckily, i've always been better at almost killing myself and almost doing so. ;P

anyway, those are my feelings at the moment. alcohol is undeniably worse. but harder to kill yourself in the sense of what that death really entails.

Opiates are so much softer on the body (particularly a diabetic body), but three years of constant opiate abuse took me down further than ten years of constant drinking.

Personally, I consider alcohol a hard drug. It's just a legal one. Fucking lulz.

Hey everyone. Wanted to leave an update while I've got the chance to. I'm still sober, over a month now. I feel a lot more driven and able to stay sober now than I did the last couple of times I tried to abstain. I recently turned down a quick beer promptly when offered. I've now got this cigarette habit that I suppose kinda picked up where booze left off, which isn't the healthiest transition but right now it isn't the worst that could happen.

The other day I had a few Vicodin. Nothing heavy, and mostly it's because my right knee has been in rough shape, but I was still disappointed in myself. I don't remember the last time any kind of buzz has felt worth it even at its peak. But then again, that's not the worst realization to have in your mid-20s. It's just a matter of keeping it in mind when familiar urges sneak up out of no where. So it was a slip-up, no doubt, but now I know better.

harlans - I know what you're feeling, and I know how tight the grip of alcoholism can feel. Feeling helpless under the thumb of something you truly hate. I've resorted to Listerine too. Doesn't go down very easy, and it's never a good feeling afterwards. I'm sure you know by now, that at no point will it feel worthwhile. Yet when it's been a while without a drink, it always seems like after a few drinks or shots, you'll arrive at some satisfaction. However you end up feeling, however alcohol tricks you like it tricks all of us, I can see that you want to find your way out of this and I know you can. I understand that rehab seems out of reach because of the expense, but when I was drinking, I came to realize that my habit actually cost me more money than treatment would have in the long run. Have you stopped taking the Campral? Antabuse seems to have worked its magic pretty well for Sepher, along with his own strength and effort, so maybe you should talk to your doctor about that. I've never tried it, but I'd imagine the resolve all comes down to taking the medication when you need to, and you'll know that there's no room for booze for the rest of the day. That's a load off your mind right there.

motherofearth - I completely agree that alcohol is a hard drug, and one that can easily be as destructive as those that are outlawed. Are you still drinking at the moment? It sounds like you recognize the destruction that alcohol can leave you with, and it's great that you have that kind of insight. Sometimes it's too easy to get lost in the fog and forget that there's a way out. I was also in no physical shape to drink, as I had done a number on my liver and was in the hospital for it in early 2012, and still found myself relapsing throughout the year. It was scary realizing what I was doing to myself, obsessing over it, yet still drinking to actually calm my nerves over it all. It's a fucking vicious cycle. You have the strength to overcome this and you don't deserve to suffer like this drug wants you to. I wish you the best!

Keep up the good work blahman :) :) :)

Over 1000 posts reached, going to send this to the archive.
Thanks for joining in again guys <3

Status
Not open for further replies.