• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Alcohol withdrawal and speed

Tops0

Bluelighter
Just wondering if anyone knows whether using speed would exacerbate alcohol withdrawal.

So i haven't drank anything in about 30 hours and was feeling a little shaky and foggy.
I decided to shoot about .1 of speed (which is an average dose for me) that i had laying around, and after the initial rush wore off i started feeling very disoriented.
so i went outside to smoke a cigarette and the ground was littered with millipedes, and when i say littered --
I mean it looked like someone threw a party and used millipedes as confetti.

Now usually the extent of any delirium i experience from withdrawal is like weird fever dream shit.
Not fucking party millipedes. Although maybe they were real -- idk.

So i guess I'm just curious if anyone knows about any interactions between lack of alcohol and speed.
I tried reading up on it myself but im just way too disoriented to digest any information.

would really like to avoid ever feeling this space cadet ever again.
Shit really sucks.

Hey buddy! Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this bitch, but it sounds like you're making progress, so Kudos are in order ;) I would absolutely refrain from using stimulants of any kind while you're withdrawing from Alcohol. I think it would be a pretty uncomfortable experience. Your nervous system is already in 7th gear overdrive from the lack of sedatives. You really don't want to be fucking with what I'm sure is a very fragile balance at this time.

Unfortunately, Amphetamines are probably of the worst drugs that you could possibly use right now. What would help you out would be Benzodiazepines or any other sedative. Is going to a detox not an option? If you get back to me be happy to help you find a place, even if it's a hospital.

Ive been an alcoholic and on and off heavy methamphetamine addict for years. What I've found in the last few years, Ive only been shooting meth for 3, is that if I get high enough for long enough I literally forget to drink and my body/mind goes into full alcohol withdrawals and d.t.s. The chemical imbalance of to much dopamine and serotonin and a deficiency of ethaline-glucosamide, the sugar our bodies metabolize alcohol into, creates a completely different world for me. Hallucinations and delusions are common as well as severe paranoia. Once past the initial withdrawls its fine but the first 3 or 4 days I cant shoot it or this weird high happens. Exactly what Keif said. You need to steer clear of that much Neuro stimulation. If withdrawls are bad to begin with this is just going further in the wrong direction. Diphenhydramine and weed is great. And sugars. Plenty of sugars. Your body needs to replace the etg with regular glucose to start regulating. Good luck and keep us updated....

I have to agree with Kief, won't along acting benzo help like valiun. As it is used a lot for alchohol wd and so on

Good looking out keif but i wasn't intentionally trying to detox. i just didn't really feel the urge to drink yesterday, and then when i did the store by my house was closed (i live in the sticks.)
i know i should have benzos on hand but i hate the way benzos feel so i generally avoid them.

I had a fucking blast last night though. i would be watching tv and then all of a sudden I'd be playing video games with my brother. Which was pretty cool considering i don't own a game console and my brother lives in a different state. usually any delusions i have last like 5 minutes max and i can usually tell when I'm hallucinating
Last night i was getting full blown delirious states for like 45 mins to an hour and i rarely even caught on to the fact that i was hallucinating. I did end up having a pretty bad panic attack though when i realized id never had D.Ts like this before and i convinced myself i was going to have a seizure and die. Even though I've never had a seizure before.

Ended up walking to the local store at 6:00 in the morning for some emergency medical beer and all turned out well enough.

So for future reference i would say that yes stimulants will exacerbate the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
So don't do what i did.

Unless you like your phantom family members more than the real ones.

Yea gabapentin or pheninut will also help with withdrawal.In my experience alcohol dts and seizures suck.Becareful man there aint that many millipedes out there.Bro dont get pissed at me but try to get clean 4 yourself and family dope and alcohol aint worth it

But dude Ive had delusions like that just from meth alone without detoxing off of anything.It will completely make me lose my sanity and anyones around me.Im a lunatic on it.Meth is a very evil drug they dont call it the devils drug for nothing.

In a sentence, definitely not a good idea!

But you already told us that. Your phantom relatives playing video games with you are medical symptoms of a very unwell person.

Your real relatives will miss you more than the ones you visit pinning speed in DT's!

I know you know this, but you should never repeat this. And get some medical assistance for the booze.

Take care mate.

Honestly i don't use speed very often. Just like once or twice a month. And my drinking doesn't really inhibit my life too much, so I'm really not too worried about it.

Shit i was a full blown junkie (heroin) for like 4 years so I'd say I'm doing better.

I sure don't miss the withdrawals from alcohol. Horrible stuff to be addicted to.

That is a perfectly valid comment, and if you are managing to function better than you did before then that's progress.
Two points are:
1. Unfortunately alcohol is way more damaging to your body than opiates,so despite you being able to be more productive now you're drinking instead, you're probably doing a lot more damage to pretty much every organ in your body.
2. Life is a journey man, I wouldn't settle for "oh I'm only addicted to alcohol now, that's better. The end". If you are having withdrawal symptoms when you stop drinking, you need to at least see a doctor and get checked out. Even if you're not ready to quit they may be able to give you medication or just advice on how to do the least amount of harm possible.
3. I am a total hypocrite (kind of, I suppose I'm just a fellow addict giving advice). I'm supposed to have a busy day today,.bit I've stayed up all night on crystal meth and almost certainly fucked myself. I am however going through some difficult personal problems and thouroughly intend to sort myself out ASAP (as may you! I apologise if so).
Anyway man, take care. It's so common for people who were previously addicted to heroin/opiates to turn to alcoholism. It's beginning to happen with me FFS haha.
Take care man.

Honestly i don't use speed very often. Just like once or twice a month. And my drinking doesn't really inhibit my life too much, so I'm really not too worried about it.

Shit i was a full blown junkie (heroin) for like 4 years so I'd say I'm doing better.
Wasnt trying to sound condescending.I was kinda speaking rto myself also cause of my problems with Ice and paranoid schizophrenia.Im trying to stay away from it now.Now im just on Kratom and Gabapentin

That is a perfectly valid comment, and if you are managing to function better than you did before then that's progress.
Two points are:
1. Unfortunately alcohol is way more damaging to your body than opiates,so despite you being able to be more productive now you're drinking instead, you're probably doing a lot more damage to pretty much every organ in your body.
2. Life is a journey man, I wouldn't settle for "oh I'm only addicted to alcohol now, that's better. The end". If you are having withdrawal symptoms when you stop drinking, you need to at least see a doctor and get checked out. Even if you're not ready to quit they may be able to give you medication or just advice on how to do the least amount of harm possible.
3. I am a total hypocrite (kind of, I suppose I'm just a fellow addict giving advice). I'm supposed to have a busy day today,.bit I've stayed up all night on crystal meth and almost certainly fucked myself. I am however going through some difficult personal problems and thouroughly intend to sort myself out ASAP (as may you! I apologise if so).
Anyway man, take care. It's so common for people who were previously addicted to heroin/opiates to turn to alcoholism. It's beginning to happen with me FFS haha.
Take care man.
But heroin is way easier to overdose on.Also is laced with Fatanyl alot