• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Alcohol nips for slight phenibut withdrawal.....

somnilicious

Bluelighter
Phenibut withdrawal is similar to alcohol withdrawal and small sips help calm the nerves. Would taking nips off the bottle simply delay the withdrawal like substituting 2 drugs of the same class?

Alcohol is literally the worst substance out there. Objecitvely--physically and mentally I've never seen anything tear people apart like it.

But if you have no tendency towards alcoholism it would help lol. It's just regarding HR--alcoholism... is the worst scenario. If you can't taper off phenibut or use something weaker like gabapentin then sure why not. As far as I know phenibut cessation is not physically dangerous (?) just very unpleasant in severe cases of dependency. After some time I have truly come to realize that even if a withdrawal bears no physical ill-will it is just as a dangerous in some cases as a withdrawal that can kill. The unpleasantness forces the user to do rash things for relief. We don't get to choose the substances we like they choose us. I don't know if anyone can become an alcoholic without the psychological thrill involved.

Last edited:
I just happened to try Bromide (NaBr). It is very cheap and sedating, but has an extremely long half-life in your blood (like 10 days) and seems to activate the same receptor as phenibut. If this doesn't work, why not talk to a medical doc and ask about Baclofen for this? Baclofen actually is a well researched med which is the western counterpart to the east-block med Phenibut. All of this seems a better alternative to Phenibut than alcohol, or even Phenibut itself.

EDIT: Never understood people using Phenibut, anyway. There are much safer meds working via the same receptor for the same sort of application. Just like Baclofen, for example.

EDIT2: Compare:
1 Baclofen, well research and tested medication

Baclofen.svg

2 Phenibut: little research, most of which was conducted on cats and similar, not allowed as medication in western world due to lack of research:

Phenibut_skeletal_formula.svg

Last edited:
Alcohol will not prolong phenibut withdrawal. That said, I find that it only helps briefly, and then makes my agitation and restlessness worse. I get a rebound effect from it much more strongly than I do from alcohol when not withdrawing from phenibut.

EDIT: Never understood people using Phenibut, anyway. There are much safer meds working via the same receptor for the same sort of application. Just like Baclofen, for example.

Baclofen sucks, I don't get a good high from it at all. I get relaxation from it, but no euphoria, ever, and no motivation. And if I take more, I get a horrible feeling. Phenibut is way better for recreation, in my experience. I get a substantially euphoric effect, functional and energetic. Phenibut is both a gabapentinoid (blocks voltage-gated calcium channel ions), and a GABA-B agonist like GHB or baclofen. The gabapentinoid makes it substantially different from baclofen. Also more addictive, of course. I use phenibut, and have been dependent on it multiple times. For what it's worth it's the easiest seriously addictive drug I've been addicted to to get off of, because the half-life is so long. and it is not moreish, so I can taper pretty easily, it's just really annoying. I can cut out a day pretty easily and that makes it so much easier, to taper by cutting a day out every time I feel stable, while also slowly decreasing dosage.

Baclofen is a pure GABA-B agonist, whereas phenibut and GHB both have other modes of action as well, making them much more recreational.

I'm almost off the phenibut. Unfortunately I got myself dual dependent on phenibut and methadone but I am only taking each one every couple of days. The problem I've been running into is that sometimes I'm not exactly sure what it is that I'm withdrawing from....lol.

I've been playing with the phenibut for a couple of months and this isn't my first withdrawal. I'm about to walk off the phenibut as I have been dosing every 2-3 days and my last 3 doses were 500mg, 250mg and about 175mg tonight. I have been getting extreme headaches and bursts of panic that comes and goes in waves and I'm not sure that actually continuing to taper would help so I'll probably jump from here.

I was mainly interested in alcohol as brief relief without setting myself back in my taper. Not worried about alcohol dependence. I hate drinking and have trouble drinking anymore than a few shots without feeling like shit. I want to avoid a bad rebound episode though so I will forgo the brief relief alcohol might provide.

Thanks guys

Last edited: