• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Alcohol and violence

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I've been advised by my psychiatrist in the past not to take alcohol or GHB due to it's dis-inhibiting properties. Despite me telling him that I actually get relaxed and have never acted out violently let alone been charged with drunk and disorderly conduct, he doesn't believe me.

I've read though that alcohol/GHB might actually make people with OCD or autism less violent. The reason is that they tend to usually have constantly recurring negative thoughts along with sensory issues that cause irritability. Both of these can make many autistic people act out violently. So doesn't it make sense that a GABA agonist even one like alcohol would decrease violence.

If violence were caused by a lack of impulse control then alcohol is the last thing that someone needs because it will simply intensify their problems.

But maybe that medical study was wrong. What do you think?

Psychs are jurks, for most of thème. They read a weird Book about sicknesses and they think it's enough to just talk to toi for 5 minutes in ordre to know what your condition is. That I hâte

Let me tell tout that drinking alcool is very spécial. If you're in a good mood, it'll do wonders, but if tout drink to try to ease down whenever angry or frustrated, it will only do damage

Édit: got a New phone and thé t9 is really stupid

Last edited:
I've been advised by my psychiatrist in the past not to take alcohol or GHB due to it's dis-inhibiting properties. Despite me telling him that I actually get relaxed and have never acted out violently let alone been charged with drunk and disorderly conduct, he doesn't believe me.

I've read though that alcohol/GHB might actually make people with OCD or autism less violent. The reason is that they tend to usually have constantly recurring negative thoughts along with sensory issues that cause irritability. Both of these can make many autistic people act out violently. So doesn't it make sense that a GABA agonist even one like alcohol would decrease violence.

If violence were caused by a lack of impulse control then alcohol is the last thing that someone needs because it will simply intensify their problems.

But maybe that medical study was wrong. What do you think?
Don’t make any choices going off one study. You need to see the same results over many studies in order to come to the conclusion that alcohol is detrimental to someone with autism.

Personally, I don’t believe that to be the case. You need to go by how you feel. How have you reacted to alcohol in the past? Do you enjoy it? Have you ever become violent? These are questions to ask yourself.

Studies are a great tool when coming to a conclusion about something but they aren’t the be-all and end-all. Ya know?