• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Alcohol and Oxy - How long between?

Ally112

Greenlighter
Hi all! I'm new. I've been a lurker for a while but have never posted. I really hope I put this in the right place. I have been on a legal prescription of oxy for a year now for post-op issue pain. I take between 5mg-20mg at a time. I have never mixed them with alcohol, as I know it is dangerous. I drank 2 Mike's Hard Lemonades over the last couple of hours. Finished the second one at 1:45pm. I am in a lot of pain and was hoping to take 20mg of oxy later when it is safe... maybe around 11pm? Is that enough time between the alcohol and oxy? 20mg knocks me on my ass btw but is needed with this amount of pain - so keep in mind that it is a lot for me and I rarely take that much. I'd prefer not to die though. Any help appreciated :)

2x 24oz mikes after ~9 hours and 20mg of oxy to someone who is already tolerant to it is not going to be dangerous in any sense, assuming you aren't going to drive or do any other dummy stuff

You're being a little overcautious, but that's a good thing. If you were to chug both those drinks and take oxy at the same time I might have something to say about the danger in that.

Definitely don't make a habit out of alcohol + opiates though

welcome to BL :)

Yeah, good for you being cautious.

Me? Not so much.
I'm on my second 16oz Steel Reserve (8.1%ABV) and I've taken 50mg oxy over the last 4 hours.

I barely have a buzz.

On the other hand, if I'd been taking any pain pills with acetaminophen in them, I would not touch alcohol until tomorrow.

Alcohols half life is about 5 hours and it takes about 24 hours to fully clear your system. By 11pm it will still be in your body but only a tiny bit. Still, if you're nervous about it maybe take slightly less just in case?
thank you :)

2x 24oz mikes after ~9 hours and 20mg of oxy to someone who is already tolerant to it is not going to be dangerous in any sense, assuming you aren't going to drive or do any other dummy stuff

You're being a little overcautious, but that's a good thing. If you were to chug both those drinks and take oxy at the same time I might have something to say about the danger in that.

Definitely don't make a habit out of alcohol + opiates though

welcome to BL :)