• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AL-LAD & MDMA 'CandyFlip' - Advice on dosage timing!

SilentRoller

Bluelighter
Greetings everyone!
With the recent rising interest in AL-LAD and all the rave reports I have been reading, I have decided that after my 3 month break ends in a few weeks, I aim to give the MDMA and AL-LAD combo a go (CandyFlip style!). However, I am struggling to decide on dosage timing. My plan was this:

Drop 150ug AL-LAD
Wait 30-45minutes
Drop 220mg MDMA (Green Android Pill. No redosing)

My theory behind this was that since AL takes a while to establish itself (from the reports I have read anyway), I should begin to establish first effects from the AL before dropping the MDMA, so that they peak around the same time. Am I wrong in doing this?

Also, is AL-LAD like the NBOME series where it effectively blocks out the effects of MDMA if taken first, or is AL so close to LSD in its mechanism of action that I don't run this risk. Please advize....

Hopefully with this combo, I should be in for a good 5-6 hours of fun!

Cheers

SR

I can't say for certain, but i see no reason at all why AL-LAD would be anything like an NBOME in that respect (or pretty much any other :p)

your plan looks pretty good IMO be sure to write a trip report

I shall write a TR, don't worry. I'm hoping 220mg MDMA and the AL-LAD provide an amazing experience! I'm getting excited just thinking about the rushes! Whats the risk of hypothermia like on this combo? I have read reports that AL-LAD increases body temp does it not?

I was certainly sweating insanely off two tabs of AL-LAD I didn't actually feel that hot though, no idea what what happen if mixed with MDMA

i did experience a fever like state during the comeup on allad, and also i found it a bit stimulating.... comboed with mdma the body temp might increase for certain so be sure to stay hydrated and indoors, with AC on if possible / at hand and showers available.

also be prepared to smile and laugh your face off. i literally cryed with laughter for 10 mins after reading some posts on the EADD threads ...

so be sure to stay hydrated and indoors, with AC on if possible / at hand and showers available.

Ahhh, this could be an issue, as I will be going out clubbing on the evening on the combo. The 200mg MDMA will be dropped 1 hour after the ingestion of the AL-LAD, so as long as I go outside every-so-often, I should be alright...hopefully....I assume I don't run a risk of SS with this combo right, as the mechanism is virtually the same as LSD and MDMA?

On this note, any idea about iso-tonic drinks and clubs? I usually buy a few isotonic drinks before I roll, but clubs don't like you bringing your own shit in which is really annoying! This is partly why I do MDMA at home with music as clubs in the UK are NOT MDMA friendly. Not only are they stupidly hot, but they are full of drunken idiots who do not understand your empathy and sometimes the bar doesn't give out free water.

Sorry for the double post, but I need to get this clear. The general consensus is that AL-LAD induces hyperthermia-type syptoms on the come-up? Personally, I can't see it being that bad that AL can't be combined with MDMA.....

Don't most psychedelics induce hyperthermia in some form? Can't be much worse than others? Would wait and see if AL-LAD is really that bad in this respect before going out, if this combo is too warm then there's always next week :D

Glad to see someone else is interested in a LAD flip. I actually plan on doing this soon myself, I'll post a TR too :D

Isn't 220mg of MDMA a much too massive dose, especially in such an unknown combination? Or are you a big guy and/or have a heavy tolerance?
I could never imagine taking that amount of MDMA, more like half that dose.

^You guys on BL are all so conservative on MDMA-doses. 220mg as a starter isn't that extreme really

Regarding to Erowid and many other sources it is:

Common (small or sensitive people) 60 - 90 mg
Common (most people) 75 - 125 mg
Common (large or less sensitive people) 110 - 150 mg
Strong 150 - 200 mg
Heavy 200 + mg

Personally I am overwhelmed by anything more than 100mg but I am a lightweight.

Im just used to MDMA and i hate all this re-dosing shite now (I have experienced dosages up to 500mg, not nice!). As this will be at the end of a 3 month break, i aim to just drop the pill at once and be done with it :)

I prefer my MDMA at about 200mg, with or without a combo. Comes from being a hardhead back in the late 90s and early 2000s.

As for the lad flip, sounds like a brilliant idea. I got no hypothermia from al-lad. It's extremely close to Lucy. I'm thinking of eating 150mg 6-apb with 300ug al-lad. Or 200mg MDMA with the same 300ug. My mouth is watering at the thought. I will probably eat the roll and trip at the same time. Maybe the al-lad 1 hour earlier. The peaks should stack nicely.

Yeah I guess it bogs down to what you're used to, though I think a huge part of that dosage list comes from bad XTC, so that people are careful with their dosages and such. Wouldn't want the PMA equivalent of 220mg MDMA in my body! (This is more of a problem in the US (where Erowid is based) than over here)

Would like to disclaim that my dosing is not really recommended, I get terrible after-effects nowadays (even when I take less). Think that has more to do with redosing than anything (this is key to keeping the magic!), and ~200mg really isn't that much if you're used to it, but my behavior just isn't healthy and I've had to give up this wonderful drug because of it

Has anyone taken AL-LAD after dosing MDMA? Maybe 2 hours in or something? Got this Goa party this weekend and not particularly keen on the music that will be played (except maybe the chill out stage) so something colourful would be a nice addition to the experience.

^You guys on BL are all so conservative on MDMA-doses. 220mg as a starter isn't that extreme really

I am a firm believer that recent tabs are dosed too high & that 200+ milligrams of MDMA is indeed an extreme starter dose! With no tolerance, a young person could easily be knocked sideways by a dose that size, especially a girl or a small person. If you happen to be sensitive to the drug, &/or in a particularly warm, humid enviroment a dose this size could bring adverse health problems. Aside from all that, a high dose of MDMA is more like a jittery amphetamine hit & is effectively a waste of good drugs. Just my opinion.

If I was having MDMA & Al-Lad, because the combo is untested & because I have a very low, almost non-existant tolerance to MDMA, & a very low tolerance to Al-Lad, I would start with a low dose of MDMA (say 30, maybe 50mg) & a low dose of Al-Lad, at the same time. The MDMA is bound to establish first, & once 75ug of AL-Lad has taken effect I should be in a position to decide on further doses of each or either. I'm quite capable of tripping lightly on 75ug, & quite capable of buzzing a little on 20mg MDMA (yes, that is not a typo, I can feel 20mg of MDMA!), so there's plenty of room to push the dose a bit if I'm quite comfortable. I'm more into long, light experiences, or at the very least, a gradual aproach such as with Doc, than a rocket to the moon, so bear that in mind. I simply am not a hardhead & there's plenty more like me.

Having said all that, for the hardheads amongst us, I really cannot see any danger whatsoever combining MDMA & Al-Lad that wouldn't be present with a candy flip. The risks are basically associated with heatstroke (MDMA) & losing it (Psychedelic). So I would ensure, as stated above that 1) You are in comfortable cool enviroment where you have access to liquids of varying sorts, water on it's own isn't good enough, so good to see you talking about Isotonic drinks. Don't drink too many of them either tho! 2) Ensuring that your head is straight! Try to avoid doing a cracking dose to two superb molecules, simply to attend some "event" & then having to medicate against "freak outs" because it's the wrong time, or wrong place. Choose where to roll before you choose when to roll! In other words, when combining psyches & MDMA, you need to think about your enviroment a little more than you might on MDMA alone.

Enjoy!

Edit- I just noticed Kid qualifying his dosage post by admitting to being a hardhead, so apologies if I came on too strong there... :) I'm like Dicktate... in fact, 100mg will keep me going all bloody night!

Last edited:
Hey SR!
Good to see you. From all your threads in MED, I know your used to your Dutch pressed pills. So for an new user. I'd say your going a little high but...you should be good. But throwing my two cents... I was used to 180mg red "? ". Then I decided to throw 2cb at it at a festival. I figured. Hey. I'm used to 180mg (which actually I've been trying to shoot around 140 now) adding a psychedelic to my normal dose won't be a problem...let's just say I was glad I was at a festival. I'm a tiny bit nervous/anxious for you buddy doing the club scene all night first time on this combo. You know? Maybe go 1/2 or 3/4 of your GA first go at it?

My theory behind this was that since AL takes a while to establish itself (from the reports I have read anyway), I should begin to establish first effects from the AL before dropping the MDMA, so that they peak around the same time. Am I wrong in doing this?

I like your thinking silent, it might do the trick for you. Only problem I can foresee is when the MDMA wears off after a couple of hours I often finds it kills off the psychedelic trip too. So if you're taking the MDMA early then within 3 hours you'll be pretty much finished. I'd take it a bit later, maybe a couple hours into the al-lad. But that has it's problems too because you're sat clockwatching thinking "Is it time yet?" and you forget to enjoy the al-lad.

Getting the time right on a candyflip is very tricky and can be frustrating. It only really worked the first time I ever did it when I wasn't expecting it.

Forget about the hypothermia bollocks - I've never experienced anything like that in my life from al-lad. Perhaps if you're panicking and excited, 13 years old and havn't tripped much you might start sweating but certanly it's got absolutely nothing to do with the al-lad.

on the odd occassions that I have combined psychedelics & MDMA, I have found that dosing the MDMA first & then letting the psychedelic fill the space where you might normally be coming down, simply extends the whole experience. So you're getting a trippy, longer MDMA hit rather than simply "tripping" after taking MDMA. As I mentioned above, I'm inclined to lower doses of pretty much everything, so I guess if you might be into really heavy doses of MDMA, it might be that dosing the psychedelic too late might mean tripping on an MDMA comedown, whch I can't imagine being much fun, especially if after a heavy hit the comedown is also heavy.

Back when shrooms were all over Camden & the internet, I got quite confident tripping on them & on a couple of occassions, I stuck GTA in the Xbox after coming home from clubbing, necked a couple grams or so of Cubes & spent a cracking day flying helicopters about, wasted. I reckon I got away with this because I tended to dose no more than 100 or 120mg of MDMA on a night out...