L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Advice Age difference

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
I'm 25 and the girl I've been seeing is only 19 I feel like she's too young for me what's are your thoughts she's really pretty and smart for her age but I usually go out with older women In their 30s and 40s

I'm 25 and the girl I've been seeing is only 19 I feel like she's too young for me what's are your thoughts she's really pretty and smart for her age but I usually go out with older women In their 30s and 40s
If you really like this chick, it's fine. I don't think the age gap is too big. However, I try to avoid too young girls(18-21) because generally they're very immature. That doesn't apply to every girl, but the majority of em.
Just follow your ❤️, buddy.
Cheers

Yeah most people under the age of 20 seem immature to me and at different stage in life
Yeah they're still teenagers.

I try to avoid too young girls(18-21) because generally they're very immature.
To be fair, young men of this age are rarely much better; it's not just women.

So there's this bullshit formula about when someone is too young for someone else. By no means does this mean anything, but it's still kind of interesting. So, you take your age, cut it in half and add 7 to it. And that's the youngest age you should be dating.

x = the age of the older person
y = (x/2)+7

So say someone is 32. Divided in half that's 16, plus 7 = 23. So 23 is the youngest a 32-yr-old should date… At 25, with that formula, you get 19.5... However, think of this: in one more year you'll be 26 and she'll be 20, which is the call on the formula…

So there's this bullshit formula about when someone is too young for someone else. By no means does this mean anything, but it's still kind of interesting. So, you take your age, cut it in half and add 7 to it. And that's the youngest age you should be dating.

x = the age of the older person
y = (x/2)+7

So say someone is 32. Divided in half that's 16, plus 7 = 23. So 23 is the youngest a 32-yr-old should date… At 25, with that formula, you get 19.5... However, think of this: in one more year you'll be 26 and she'll be 20, which is the call on the formula…
Lmao, my ex husband was dating a 21 year old chick for a bit…I think he’s stopped seeing her now though cuz he’s 47 and he said he felt like her dad not her date (GEE I WONDER WHY🤣)

That's just good if you're serious

Difference to 30-40 is bigger also

Gives me hope. Lol
I like the dicaprio's formula: 19-25 at any age haha 😄
I actually compared my ex to DiCaprio (he gets older but his dates never do) and he laughed.

Seriously tho, there’s an 8 year difference between me and my partner and I barely even think about it these days unless we’re talking about what tv shows we watched when we were kids or something. Adults are adults (21+) and if they’re all consenting it’s fine

That research released the other day said str8 men generally prefer women in their early 20s, no matter how old they are themselves. Whereas women generally prefer their men to be roughly the same age - maybe a year or three older.

So in other words, confirming what everyone already knows.

That research released the other day said str8 men generally prefer women in their early 20s, no matter how old they are themselves. Whereas women generally prefer their men to be roughly the same age - maybe a year or three older.

Welp. Someone oughta tell those MILF-enjoyers that they’re outliers

I always used to date older women but I'm old now, so all bets are off.

A good rule of thumb is a minimum age of half your age plus 7 years.

If you do the math it works out pretty well for any age.

Man I Live in Aus and down here as long as your 18 no one really looks another way the huge debate between 18-21 isn't had here, I guess everyone's on to much meth to stop to care. I don't really post here, just thought id venture over for a moment but in my honest opinion as immature as a teenager can be if your in your 20s and the relationship is abuse free and completely mutual I don't think it would bother me to much but past 25 I'd personally feel a little off and maybe take issue with my self, attractions one thing right? I guess as long as its legal and mutual it comes down to your values and the individual why are you really in that relationship, if its far beyond PHYSICAL attraction, who is anyone to get in the way if your both legal adults and mutually agreeing without manipulation. Again the age gap here may mean fuck all but with an age gap and shit like that I'd imagine your always gonna get someone looking at it from the wrong angel. Essentially good luck bro! As long as you 2 are happy and no ones been manipulated or otherwise it should be absolutely fine id imagine.

My girl is 10 years younger then me I'm 47 and she is 37. Most guys would love to have a young gf

That research is painting with a pretty broad brush. Younger women are nice to look at, but I'll take a 30-40 year old WOMAN over a twenty-something any day of the week. There's a lot of reasons I feel that way. Mostly it's the sex, but there's plenty of other reasons too...I can't seem to think of one at the moment. Oh yeah! Life experience is a big one for me. It's nice to be with someone you can relate to. Music, art, conversation in general just come naturally with someone who is closer to your age.

6 years is nothing. Are you American? Americans tend to be really weird with even tiny age gaps.

Personally, I'm 30 and the range I'd date is probably like 18* to 45....and then another age group of 70-no-maximum if they're rich

*16 is actually the legal age where I live, but (and this is just me, I'm not judging anyone who feels differently) I'd just feel really uncomfortable with less than 18.

Oh, and I dated a 19 year old for 8 months when I was 13 (14 when we broke up) and although it was technically a sex crime on his behalf, it was actually the only positive relationship of any sort I had at my life at the time and I have nothing but happy memories of the time. He made me feel cared about, really helped my self-esteem and got me through an incredibly rough time.