View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

after affects from LSD is really starting to get to me

fucklsd

Greenlighter
Hey everyone Im going to tell you guys what I've been going through and maybe hopefully I will get some answers that can help me out. So its been 18 days exactly since my last very very bad trip. At the time it was like my 20th time tripping of pure LSD and 25i (research chemical). No I was not mixing them but I was taking them both very frequently. So I took about 3 hits of some really good acid like I said 18 days ago and since then things have not been right for me at all. I've came to the conclusion that its anxiety and that I just overwhelm my self with all these thoughts running through my head. I've been experiencing very weird things lately. Like I'm the type who smokes weed every day all day and I feel as I can barley do that anymore because it almost brings back the bad trip I had and it brings fear to me with a crazy rush of anxiety/crazy thoughts running through my mind. Am I loosing it? Am I a scitzofranic? That's almost what it seems like and its really starting to get to me. When ever I get fucked up now like drinking/smoking I'll go into a panic attack at least that's what I think it is? Like the other night I was out drinking with a few friends I started felling drunk and I'm sitting in this chair and out if nowhere I start getting the shakes like crazy I could barley talk but I dident want to say anything to anyone around because I felt weird idk. I have no one to talk to about this everyone just looks at me like I have 4 heads when I try and explain this to them. I loved tripping I was doing loads of cid/rc all the time. Had 1 bad trip and after that it was pretty much all down hill. I had about 7 bad trips never really thought anything of it, but this last one really fucked me up. I find myself talking to all my friends about tripping all the time because that's all that's ever on my mind.. I hate this so much I wish I could just snap out of it and be the happy out going person I use to be. I can barley sleep at night because it's gone this far.. I could deff use someone who has been through this to talk too please and thank you!

HPPD can manifest mentally just as much as visually. You could also have psychedelic PTSD.

Sounds more like anxiety from the cannabis to me. LSD can give you a heightened sense of underlying emotions. Maybe ease up on (or quit entirely) the weed for a few months and see how you feel.

Yeah mate, cut it away for a while until you sort yourself out.

In the vast majority of cases both positive and negative life experiences fade with time, drug induced ones included :)

Since you've said you smoke weed every day, all day, this might be difficult, but since you've already indicated you aren't enjoying it, I'm sure you'll manage

Sounds like you've just been going a little too heavy for a while - take a break, stop getting high on a daily basis - you're probably not schizophrenic just in need of some stability / sobriety for a little while!

Whatever anxious thoughts you have are something you need to work through as in my experience they'll only get worse if you don't deal with them asap.

Change your lifetstyle / diet / speak to people / therapy / meditation / exercise - etc, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

You realise weed induces psychedelic flashbacks, right?

Maybe it's not the thing you want to be doing every day after a bad trip?

According to Grof, LSD is non-specific amplifier, and it will highlight your problems. Psychosomatic effects are just a sign that you need to rethink your life, sort yourself out, maybe quit weed. This is exactly why LSD is therapeutic drug, not just something you do for kicks or 'visuals'.

You did too many drugs, now you are having panic attacks and anxiety. This is not a unique story.

Stop doing all drugs. Eventually you should recover.

what you are describing sounds very familiar, check out this mdma support threat. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/735937-MDMA-Recovery-(Stories-amp-Support-2)

even though the experiences and advice in the threat is aimed at mdma comedowns, it has a lot of sensible info of which i'm sure it could help you (and a lot of people with problems completely unrelated to drug use).
like:
- make sure you get enough rest
- eat healthy
- go out into the sun regularly and get your exercise
- quit all substances untill things get better

i hope this helps a bit and that you may recover soon. :)

Don't smoke weed for the next six months. It will only give you flashbacks. Quit taking acid for at least six months, too. Go to a young doctor who you feel comfortable with and tell him everything you told us. A benzo or anti-psychotic might help you immensely. You are probably not schizophrenic.

you are definately not schizophrenic or psychotic. people with acute psychosis generally believe that their delusions are real..

I also think that you should pass on the weed for now and get yourself together. but most importantly you should figure out why you had a bad trip and what you can learn from it. I had severe mental health problems for a long time partially because of a not well integrated bad experience on mushrooms.

also, healthy diet, exercise, meditation, things like that all will help you heal.

PS: I cannot really recommend antipsychotics, they never really actually helped my derealization, all they did was maybe sedating me a little. and they (especially Zyprexa) made me really depressed after a while, which is why I never took them for long. if you are not completely freaking out, I don't think they are necessary... benzos can be helpful but won't have a positive effect if you're not on them. they are more like a safety blanket if you really need one in my opinion.

all the best :)

Time to take a break from all of it and give your mind time to sort out and digest the experiences. There is really no time line for this in my experience, you will know when or if you decide to do any drugs again, or what they will be. If you keep going it will be like continually throwing yourself into a meat grinder mentally. It is possible to do it and come out the other side, but not fun in any way, shape, or form. Much better to just relax, and figure out what issues there are that are requesting that much attention.

Thanks everyone ! I've been feeling a lot better the past couple days. Got out the house for a week or so and went out with some friends got my mind of everything. I've been smoking and I've been okay. Little anxiety here and there bit nothing to major . I really feel the flashbacks when I drink though and my buddy's says the same thing. When he drinks he feels like he's "tripping" . but he takes LSD almost everyday

Anticonvulsant drugs like keppra and lamictal can be used to treat this kind of thing.

Thanks everyone ! I've been feeling a lot better the past couple days. Got out the house for a week or so and went out with some friends got my mind of everything. I've been smoking and I've been okay. Little anxiety here and there bit nothing to major . I really feel the flashbacks when I drink though and my buddy's says the same thing. When he drinks he feels like he's "tripping" . but he takes LSD almost everyday
good to hear that you feel better now! I hope you stick around PD in the future :)