Afraid I accidentally slipped into an Oxycodone addiction...

Foxdude

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I'll tell the story from the beginning. Note, English isn't my native language as I'm from the Netherlands, so apologies for any spelling or grammar mistakes.

I'm now 20 years old, and I used Oxycontin for the first time roughly 1 year and 5 months ago, before I had ever gotten in touch with this drug, or any opiate at all, I had always considered opiates as horrible drugs and that they'd turn anyone into a drug fiend right after the first time using it, I pretty much hated that drug.
This was because I had seen documentaries about heroin and OxyContin (Vanguard, some shows on National Geographic Channel, Dr. Phil) and I was completely convinced that I'd never abuse them, and that everyone who did was an idiot and most likely an addict.

During that period, I had used a lot of other drugs; amphetamine, cocaine, MDMA, shrooms, weed/hash(which I smoked a lot, although it had never turned into anything even close to an addiction, and it still hasn't), 2c-b, DXM, Salvia Divinorum, GHB, Nitrous and probably some more which I forgot about. I've never had any issues or anything with these drugs, I've always used them recreationally and responsibly.

And one day me and a friend, we'll call him Pete, went to a friend of Pete, we'll call him Joe. He's a pretty crazy guy, he's about 40 years old and has 2 un-parented kids who just sit behind their computer all day. The house he lives in has an incredible nasty scent, as if no one ever cleaned it, which was probably true. He had an addiction to weed as well, he said his smoking turned into a dependency after his wife died of cancer. He told me that she was constantly drugged up before she died because of the medicine her doctors gave her. I asked if it was OxyContin, which I remembered from the series.

He said yes, and grabbed one of those pills. It was a 20 mg and he gave it to me. I tried it when I got home, split it in half and insufflated it. After an hour or so I finished the other half. I liked it, it was a drug you could do without your parents thinking you did anything other than weed. So a week or so later I bought around 30 pills. It costed me 175 euros, pretty expensive but I thought, hey, I'll just buy this once and then quit it forever. After I got I browsed many forums like bluelight to find out what was a responsible way to use it without danger, and without building up a quick tolerance. This actually went well, I did it only in the weekends, and managed to keep my tolerance at 20mg.

Eventually I finished the box after a few months and didn't crave for more. I stayed off of it for months, until I met a guy who sold it for a very cheap price, 40 euros for 10 pills, pretty cheap I thought so I bought them and used them. As I now had a pretty cheap source I kept buying from him. During this period I also read about plugging, which would greatly improve the high and saving more OC as I needed less when I plugged it. I was enjoying this opiate more after discovering plugging, eventually I started using during working days as well, every 3-4 days or so. I still considered keeping my tolerance at 20 was pretty important. Unfortunately my tolerance went up to 30-35mg's.

After a couple of months my supplier got caught for selling amphetamines and was put in jail. My OC source was gone, until I found a guy on the internet who sold 40mg's, he had 5 boxes with each one containg 2 strips of 14 pills, making it a total of 28. He was able to sell me those for 125 euros each. I was like what the hell, I used to pay 4 euros for a 20mg pill, and now I can buy a 40mg pill for 4,50 euros. Almost half the price compared to the 20mg. So I bought 6. At first I was considering only using 2 strips of them and attempt to sell the other 10.

It went okay for the first 2 weeks, until suddenly I used them 3 days in a row. This was when I threw intervals out the window. I think it's been around 4 weeks when that happend. My tolerance skyrocketed and I now need 120mg plugged to get a good high. I can't resist not abusing them for a couple of nights. I'm afraid that I'm now dependant and I'm concerned that I'd get horrible w/d's.

Does anyone know what will happen after using 160-200mg every evening for about a month? If I'd quit cold turkey would the w/d's be bad? I'm wondering if anyone else had to go through something like this and could enlighten me about it.

Thanks in advance for spending the time to read this and for any replies. I'm really in need of some advice as I haven't told anyone I know about it and I'm afraid I've put myself in a lot of trouble.

Cheers,
Foxdude

You're definitely going to feel some WD's, but the good news is they shouldn't be that bad :)

The first time you quit opiates you can usually (key word being 'usually') get away with very little WD symptoms. If you go back and quit again they'll be noticably worse, and continue getting worse each time you quit.

So, you're lucky enough to be quitting for the first time, that's good news right there. Secondly while you have been using for a while now, it seems up until a month or 2 ago your use was pretty low, with breaks here and there; bottom line - just stop now while you're (kind of) ahead.

I would expect:
- 3-4 days of pretty bad sweating.
- You won't sleep much for the first 2 nights, a little on the 3rd night and near enough back to normal on the 4th.
- Your nose / eyes will run a LOT for the first few days, stock up on some tissues.
- Mild stomach cramps
- Restless legs. This one might be pretty bad, I know it was terrible for me when I came off Oxy.
- Generally feeling a bit down / low for a few days.

Overall I'd just get a load of good food and go for it, you'll feel kind of shit for 4, 5 days at most, but nothing worse than mild flu :)

It wont be that bad. You can get through it. Just remember this wasn't an accident. You chose to get those pills and get high on them. No matter what you told your self in your mind.

The real tough part isn't always the physical addiction. It's the psychological one. The first time you go through a withdrawal it shouldn't be to bad. The good thing is by day 4 you should be feeling alot better. So might as well just bite the bullet.

Damn, even though it's considered mild that still seems pretty terrible. Oh well I suppose I'd better bite the bullet pretty soon before it turns into a longlasting addiction.

Unbelievable how the addiction came so stealthy.

Yea thats gonna be painful I would get some valium and weed.

Ik ben ook Nederlands.

People still go to jail in Holland for methamphetamine dealing?? Wow, thats news to me

Addiction usually creeps up; most don't dive headfirst in.

I don't have much else to add; lots of solid advice so far. Have you checked out our Opiates megathread yet by chance?

Also: your Engish is excellent! No apologies necessary :)

I really don't think it will be that bad, the first time you WD properly from opiates is always so much milder than the other times.
I mean like I said you're definitely going to feel rough / not sleep for a few days, but don't expect full on, shivering on a bathroom floor whilst pumping stuff out of every orifice =D

That said, the point you should take from this is to get off the stuff ASAP.
The longer you leave it the worse it will be, do yourself a favor and get started on it sooner rather than later!

I've bought some weed to help me get through withdrawals. I only had 120mg left luckily, I just used it so I'm out of opiates now (luckily it's quite hard for me to get them). Now I won't ha ve to worry about giving in to any temptations when the w/d's kick in. I'm going to inform my roommate tonight about the whole situation as hewasn't aware of my problem, luckily he's very supportive with things like this.

Thanks a lot for the advice and support so far guys, I'll keep you guys updated on the progress. By the way, if I'd inform my doctor, would he be able to help me out somehow?

Ik ben ook Nederlands.

People still go to jail in Holland for methamphetamine dealing?? Wow, thats news to me

He got caught for dealing normal amphetamines. A year before that happened he got caught for having 300 marijuana plants in his house, so I guess that's the reason why he's been put in jail.

You make it sound like people get addicted on purpose >.>

Could you explain to me what made you think this? As this really isn't what I was trying to say. I believe pretty much every opiate (ab)user who was or is addicted thought they could use them responsibly to avoid addiction when they first started using them.

People dont want to get addicted. But once you go on longer then 1 week straight, your getting into risky territory. Anything more then 3 days if you've been addicted in the past.

You need to take breaks because it becomes habbit forming and the bad stuff out weighs the good once your dependent. Unless you have a prescription and dont have to worry about withdrawal it's better to use as responsibly as possible so you dont end up having to go through a bad withdrawal. Of course that's always easier said then done.

Foxdude, why dont you do what I do and stick to kratom. You can switch between the 5 strains and that way you avoid tolerance. Withdrawing from kratom is a joke (compared to opiates). Plus kratom is cheaper and perfectly legal

People dont want to get addicted. But once you go on longer then 1 week straight, your getting into risky territory. Anything more then 3 days if you've been addicted in the past.

You need to take breaks because it becomes habbit forming and the bad stuff out weighs the good once your dependent. Unless you have a prescription and dont have to worry about withdrawal it's better to use as responsibly as possible so you dont end up having to go through a bad withdrawal. Of course that's always easier said then done.

As you said it really is easier said than done, that's the problem with addictions - they creep up on you :(

I've heard about Kratom but I'd rather not switch this addiction for another. I just want to go back to the time where I only smoked weed and an occasional drug like cocaine or something like that, as I use those drugs only rarely.

Thanks for the advice though.:)

^-- good for you :) that's nice to hear someone say they aren't going to switch to another addiction because that is exactly what most of us do. We get off one thing and switch to something else and we are stuck always dependent on something it's a terrible cycle fucking addiction uhhh

Good luck :)

It's finally saturday, I think I've had the worst now. The withdrawals started kicking it at wednesday night, woke up at 4 and got back to sleep until I woke up at 8 when my muscles starting aching. Didn't get any sleep during the night on thursday on friday, luckily I had some oxazepam for tonight, unfortunately I still woke up at 6 AM and couldn't get to sleep anymore because my muscles were tensed. But God was I glad that I still slept 7 hours. I think the worst part is over now, my muscles start aching less and feeling generally better.

I also noticed I didn't have any cravings to the drug whatsoever, I'm really glad I didn't because I might've used them then.

And there were even mild symptoms which already had me going out of my mad, I seriously want to wish everyone who'd face worse symptoms the best of luck with kicking the bucket, because I'm sure that's hell right there!

Thanks for the info and support guys :)

Really glad you got through the worst of it and are feeling better! :) <3

Only slept for 3 hours again last night until I woke up feeling very uncomfortable again, couldn't sleep anymore either. When will this go away approximately?

Acute withdrawals? 4 days to a week IIRC, depending on the severity of the addiction.