• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Afghanistan dominates global opium production. The Taliban is shutting that down

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter

Afghanistan dominates global opium production. The Taliban is shutting that down​

NPR
2 Jun 2022

Excerpt:
WASHIR, Afghanistan — Afghanistan's Taliban rulers have begun a campaign to eradicate poppy cultivation, aiming to wipe out the country's massive production of opium and heroin, even as farmers fear their livelihoods will be ruined at a time of growing poverty.

On a recent day in Washir district in southern Helmand province, armed Taliban fighters stood guard as a tractor tore up a field of poppies. The field's owner stood nearby, watching.

The Taliban, who took power in Afghanistan more than nine months ago, issued an edict in early April banning poppy cultivation throughout the country.

Those violating the ban "will be arrested and tried according to Sharia laws in relevant courts," the Taliban deputy interior minister for counternarcotics, Mullah Abdul Haq Akhund, told The Associated Press in Helmand's provincial capital, Lashkar Gah.

Full article here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going in the same direction; I'm banning myself from growing poppies ever again.

Recently I decided (on a whim) to see if I could grow (indoors) the leftover seeds from a batch of poppy seed tea. I had heard they were difficult to grow indoors, and that if they did grow they'd be small and low in opium content etc etc

But I guess negrogesic has a bit of a green thumb because I was able to turn those tiny blue seeds into giant bushes of opium poppies. I was expecting maybe a dozen pods but I ended up with well over 100. Not only that, due to the perfect conditions I was able to create indoors and the large amounts of nitrogen (dried pork blood) I fed them, the pods I grew are multiple times stronger than any pods I've bought in the past. The first batch of tea I made with these homegrown pods tasted so horrible I thought I was going to poison myself. But what was most concerning was how different it tasted from the pod tea I've made in the past (using dried pods I've bought online). While they shared the bitterness of the pods I've had in the past, there was this new intense spiciness that was almost unbearable, like drinking hot sauce. I thought I might wind up a victim of thebaine poisoning but forced myself to drink it. Within 30 minutes the fear of being poisoned left me and was replaced with a strong opium high that lasted a very long time.

But that tea was made with only 6-7 grams of dried pod material. Yet the effect it produced felt like something you'd get from 20-28g of the outdoor grown pods I used to buy online (which were good pods). The high from these are quite stimulating and manic, but also punctuated by periods of nodding. Eating seems to bring out the sedative quality. I had a larger dose two days ago, 10g made into a tea, and one minute I'm manic as hell, painting the fence, next minute im on the toilet and I've dropped my phone on the floor because I'm nodding off.

So while it was alot of fun growing these, I have also decided to Tali-ban myself from ever growing these again. This shit is way too addictive, and as a former junky, I don't like having a stash of narcotics. I always tend to keep a stash of a very wide variety of mind altering substance at all times, but the only class of drug that is always missing from that complex stash are opioids. And the reason is simple: if I have opioids around I'll find an excuse to take them.

On a side note, more on topic, the Taliban actually had already banned poppy production before the US invasion. For example in the year 2000 very little poppy growing was going on in Afghanistan.

And it was actually the Taliban that was behind the increased cultivation of opium poppies which was done to finance their fight against the US coalition forces. While intoxicating substances are strictly forbidden in Islam, I suppose they figured their cause worthy enough to engage in an activity that they once forbade. And now they forbade it again.

I'm going in the same direction; I'm banning myself from growing poppies ever again.

Recently I decided (on a whim) to see if I could grow (indoors) the leftover seeds from a batch of poppy seed tea. I had heard they were difficult to grow indoors, and that if they did grow they'd be small and low in opium content etc etc

But I guess negrogesic has a bit of a green thumb because I was able to turn those tiny blue seeds into giant bushes of opium poppies. I was expecting maybe a dozen pods but I ended up with well over 100. Not only that, due to the perfect conditions I was able to create indoors and the large amounts of nitrogen (dried pork blood) I fed them, the pods I grew are multiple times stronger than any pods I've bought in the past. The first batch of tea I made with these homegrown pods tasted so horrible I thought I was going to poison myself. But what was most concerning was how different it tasted from the pod tea I've made in the past (using dried pods I've bought online). While they shared the bitterness of the pods I've had in the past, there was this new intense spiciness that was almost unbearable, like drinking hot sauce. I thought I might wind up a victim of thebaine poisoning but forced myself to drink it. Within 30 minutes the fear of being poisoned left me and was replaced with a strong opium high that lasted a very long time.

But that tea was made with only 6-7 grams of dried pod material. Yet the effect it produced felt like something you'd get from 20-28g of the outdoor grown pods I used to buy online (which were good pods). The high from these are quite stimulating and manic, but also punctuated by periods of nodding. Eating seems to bring out the sedative quality. I had a larger dose two days ago, 10g made into a tea, and one minute I'm manic as hell, painting the fence, next minute im on the toilet and I've dropped my phone on the floor because I'm nodding off.

So while it was alot of fun growing these, I have also decided to Tali-ban myself from ever growing these again. This shit is way too addictive, and as a former junky, I don't like having a stash of narcotics. I always tend to keep a stash of a very wide variety of mind altering substance at all times, but the only class of drug that is always missing from that complex stash are opioids. And the reason is simple: if I have opioids around I'll find an excuse to take them.
Love this comment. Are you me?

Before the invasion of Afghan. The Taliban, with help of U.N. had initiated a ban on opium production reducing it by 90%. With the U.S. occupation, afgan. Now dominates the international market supplying 90% of the worlds heroin. As with any asymmetric counterinsurgency it is imperative to ally with criminal element, implementing what, in Vietnam came to be known as WHAM. Whining harts and minds. Translation to: greasing tribal cheftains, local warlords, and regional power brokers. Without them you won't move an inch anywhere. World super power or no. Inn Arabic it's called " back sheesh " . that's how the third world operates. Everyone gets a piece of the action. From the lowliest rickshaw driver to the king. That allowing international heroin smugglers to flood the world market is a tad antithetical to ones domestic policy and international treities is beside the point. When the u.s was in Nam, the golden triangle dominated the market. Now that they've turned their skullfuckery to west asia......

And it was actually the Taliban that was behind the increased cultivation of opium poppies which was done to finance their fight against the US coalition forces. While intoxicating substances are strictly forbidden in Islam, I suppose they figured their cause worthy enough to engage in an activity that they once forbade. And now they forbade it again.

Well the claim that it was the Taliban behind the increased cultivation of opium poppies to help finance their fight against US coalition forces as well as the larger claim that the Taliban is involved in the drug trade lacks actual verifiable evidence despite the western media, academics, government officials/spokesmen claiming that they are. Just like the western media, academics, government officials/spokesmen claiming that Hezbollah is involved in the drug trade also lacks verifiable evidence to support it

Exactly ..of course they will continue to sell ....where you think the taliban gets all its money from to finance shit.From the lemonade stand in Kabul.You think they giving up a fat cash cow thats been going for decades lol ....not likely ...would you

Afghanistan dominates global opium production. The Taliban is shutting that down​

NPR
2 Jun 2022

Excerpt:

Full article here.
personally I think sigma makes more.

the only difference sigma tells ya your not good enough to test your will against it.

and to be honest in the majority of cases there right.

stick to the plants nature does know best if your not a hard head like some of us

(it is our job as hard heads to help those back to nature that get lost for if we dont they will take our magic from us.)

Here H dissapeared for other reasons-result-some people quitt,remaining are in methadone.The new generation have no access to H or opies....nor have any interest about it. That is good.The bad-increase consuming of speed(meth&amph.)... less dead from o.d.more patients for psychiatry,more road traffic accidents.....anyway for me is better than H is gone,no way fent to appear on drug market.....better for the kids....Alcohol gains big popularity amongst youngsters.Drug of choise for new generation

Here H dissapeared for other reasons-result-some people quitt,remaining are in methadone.The new generation have no access to H or opies....nor have any interest about it. That is good.The bad-increase consuming of speed(meth&amph.)... less dead from o.d.more patients for psychiatry,more road traffic accidents.....anyway for me is better than H is gone,no way fent to appear on drug market.....better for the kids....Alcohol gains big popularity amongst youngsters.Drug of choise for new generation
There tends to be long term trend waves of opiates, and stimulants.

Interesting to watch how the drug trade reacts to declining globalization.

Just like see another ass class:)Great nic&avatar,but very serious.....remember when i see u for first time
"I am back bitches"-what a laugh....like a cartoon hero.....but I like to read your posts

There tends to be long term trend waves of opiates, and stimulants.

Interesting to watch how the drug trade reacts to declining globalization.
ye im going for a woodward so im able to move beyond this shit.

it seems that only the old ones are enteral.

Meanwhile - Mexican cartels celebrate opening the 'Hibatullah Akhundzada memorial fentanyl superlab'. I remain AMAZED that fentanyl has been accepted. U-47700 is more euphoric and longer acting than H and it lasts for 7 hours. What is more, it can be made in 1 step from commercially available chemicals.

Michael Linnell has, for years, suggested that their will be a 2-tier opioid market and I think he's right. But it won't be low & high quality H. It will be fentanyl and U4.

BTW their is a U4 homologue no more complex to make (although 1 precursor would be custom - but unwatched) that is about x25M. THAT could be the one that replaces H as @ 'only' x7.5M, U4 might be more costly to make.

What about this stuff"Grey death"?It was circulating in U.S.market....some combo of H,fentanyl,very very little carfentanyl&some opioid like U 453 or some sort.It's a concrete like solid grey substance.Very powerful shit they say

Meanwhile - Mexican cartels celebrate opening the 'Hibatullah Akhundzada memorial fentanyl superlab'. I remain AMAZED that fentanyl has been accepted. U-47700 is more euphoric and longer acting than H and it lasts for 7 hours. What is more, it can be made in 1 step from commercially available chemicals.

Michael Linnell has, for years, suggested that their will be a 2-tier opioid market and I think he's right. But it won't be low & high quality H. It will be fentanyl and U4.

BTW their is a U4 homologue no more complex to make (although 1 precursor would be custom - but unwatched) that is about x25M. THAT could be the one that replaces H as @ 'only' x7.5M, U4 might be more costly to make.
I am amazed you guys have not spent the few weeks it takes to learn to grow and make your own.

between the lot of you if you did not fight no one would starve.

really it only takes a few days to make a k or so and your base cost for most drugs is like $2 a gram yep even psuedo is fucking a ripp off if you know the truth ( little yeast and some dino juice it what they make if from )

they only drugs I know of that require time land and money are coke and morph.

2 tier opioid market sounds like what exists, and will continue to exist in the future.

I think the high end of the market will be pharmacuitical grade heroin and oxy for the most part, everyone else gets fentanyl or whatever shit is around.

They are banning it to get the prices up. That is all. They will continue to sell dope!

Hardly considering the claim put forward in western media that the Taliban sells Heroin lacks verifiable evidence to back it up.

Exactly ..of course they will continue to sell ....where you think the taliban gets all its money from to finance shit.From the lemonade stand in Kabul.You think they giving up a fat cash cow thats been going for decades lol ....not likely ...would you

Expect that supposed cash cow lacks verifiable evidence to prove its actually true