• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Affected by opiates dramatically different than I used to be...why is this?

Dr.Shopper

Bluelighter
Hello, I took three 5/325 oxycodone pills about an hour ago, and an additional pill five minutes ago. I am currently very frustrated by how this is going. I have only taken oxycodone once in my life before this, about a year ago. It was the same dose, and it gave me an amazing buzz with very strong euphoria. This time, however, all I am experiencing is the usual itchiness, nausea, and a "fucked up" feeling. No euphoria or modd improvement whatsoever. I took naltrexone (an opiate blocker) for about 10 months, and stopped taking it about 3 weeks ago, so I'm wondering if that may be part of this. It's just that from my understanding, naltrexone is supposed to be out of your system after 72 hours of discontinuation. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed right now, and I'm wondering if anyone knows why this is happening or has experienced a similar situation. Thanks.

im a little confused about this ...were you on naltrexone for alcohol dependence?

im sure taking naltrexone could have somthing to do with it ...like messing up your receptors a little bit .....dont take my word for it im just guessing...someone here will know for sure though

the nal would prob have something to do this this....

and 15mg oc isnt to much.... even after one use....the magic can be gone...

maybe when the last 5mg kicks in you will feel better....

I didn't feel any different an hour after the 4th pill so I gave up and smoked a bowl...
But to the people wondering, I was on the naltrexone because I was getting clean from hydrocodone and heroin. I really hope that shit didn't ruin my opiate receptors for good...

I didn't feel any different an hour after the 4th pill so I gave up and smoked a bowl...
But to the people wondering, I was on the naltrexone because I was getting clean from hydrocodone and heroin. I really hope that shit didn't ruin my opiate receptors for good...

Oh my God! And your wondering why you can't feel 3-4 percs. Give me a break!

Oh my God! And your wondering why you can't feel 3-4 percs. Give me a break!

HAHAHAHAHA foreal.... aahhhh that was funny... anyways, You got a tolerance homie. Sucks but's what happens to all of us. Im sure everyone's wasted money or what have you in the same why I know I have...

Well normally I would chalk it up to tolerance but this is the first time I've done any opiate in a YEAR so that can't be the reason.

i feel you, well ide go with these guy's answers then, it does sound like the nalp fucked with you.

Well normally I would chalk it up to tolerance but this is the first time I've done any opiate in a YEAR so that can't be the reason.

Well, problem is tolerance rises FAST and falls SLOW. I am actually surprised that you were able to feel anything, at all.

Sorry, but IMO it is "tolerance" and NOT the Naltrexone causing your problem.

Best