• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice on Dosing Tussionex

RemyT53

Greenlighter
Greetings, I will try and keep this as concise as possible.

Male
170lbs
No tolerance for opiates prior to this week

I was prescribed Tussionex 10-8/5ml for a cold that is to be taken essentially one teaspoon twice a day.

Took the teaspoon Monday afternoon, felt a little sleepy, little euphoric, but nothing too crazy.

Took another teaspoon Tuesday morning felt pretty nice in my morning classes and throughout most of the day. I just took another teaspoon at ~ 8PM this evening(Tuesday) with not so much effect.

I am wanting to potentially step up the dose a bit and see how it feels. I know that I should not exceed 32mg of the CPM in any 24 hour period so I want to watch out for that and also the fact that I really don't want to feel shitty from too much hydro since I have a low tolerance. I was thinking of trying 1/2 Tablespoon so roughly 7.5ml/15mg of Hydro but I'm not sure if that will push me over the edge of comfortable.

Also would it make sense being that it is long lasting that I should take one teaspoon and then wait for 4 hours or so and then try another half teaspoon at a time to test the waters.

Thanks for the advice.

Ah Tussionex....always thought it tasted like sweet skunky beer ha! It's good that you are showing restraint and obviously yes the lower increased increments are a wiser way to go. The hydro in it for me took a while to feel and wore off in about four hours. I would suggest also to take it on an empty stomach then follow it up with a fatty/spicy snack a half hour after dosing-that's the most effective way I used to get more out of each dose.