View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

advice on 1st LSD trip?

Hashassin

Greenlighter
Swim has purchased a tab. Swim has only one experience with lsd where swim did half a tab and felt slightly high for a couple hours. Swim has experience with shrooms, MDA, MDMA, dxm, ketamine, and has tripped on LSA (morning glory seeds) a couple times. Well the question is, would swim be better off taking the LSD and going out to a bar with friends (who will not be on lsd) or stay home( probably alone). This really will be swim first acid trip. Swim is slightly nervous to trip in public on my first time. But swim has tripped on other substances at parties and public places and enjoyed swimself. Should swim stay home alone and listen to music/smoke marijauna/listen to music or go to bar

If those are your choices, stay home. You don't want to be in public for your first LSD trip. Get a friend to stay home with you if you can. Don't smoke Cannabis.

Hello and welcome to Bluelight! We prefer not to use SWIM here as it's difficult to read and it doesn't protect against self-incrimination. It is mentioned in the rules.

Regarding your questions, Clocktower has the answers. I'd like to emphasise the no cannabis, until the peak has passed for at least 4 hours. It is very easy to get overwhelmed and spun out when you combine the two during the peak. Good luck!

I'd recommend staying at home relaxing listening to music that way you can focus on the effects of the trip and enjoy it more. I find people difficult to deal with on cid, also I've had good and difficult trips due to weed wouldn't recommend it on your first go just enjoy the cid unmolested

A bit has been metioned but i'll add=
Have a friend with you, make sure its a really trusted friend, someone you can fully open up too.
And dont get too overhyped about your first time. As long as you follow the "set, setting and people" rules 1 tab should be a good trip.
I was SO anxious about my first time, but dont worry to much. Worrying can start the spiral

**everyone has said to have a friend with me. Is this totally necessary? Will my experience be less fun/bad alone? I could probably go to my friends house and do it. But I was planning to do it at my house alone. Probably some night this week after I run out of weed. If I do do it alone I have people I could talk on the phone with or get to come over if I needed them to

You don't absolutely HAVE to have a friend with you, but it would be better for your first time. Having a trip sitter just means someone sober can take care of you if something goes wrong. If you aren't in a good mindset then it's easy for the trip to go sour. I highly agree with not smoking unless you've settled into the trip and you've hit your peak. Stay hydrated. During my first trip, I ended up getting sick about four times and was constantly thirsty. Just turn on some chill music and relax.

**everyone has said to have a friend with me. Is this totally necessary?
Since you don't really know yet how you'll respond to classical psychedelics, it will be much wiser and safer to trip with a trusted sitter if at all possible. LSD is generally a safe drug, but things can go wrong and if they do you'll be glad you weren't alone.

Will my experience be less fun/bad alone?
Maybe, maybe not. It will be more safe if you are not alone.

I could probably go to my friends house and do it. But I was planning to do it at my house alone. Probably some night this week after I run out of weed. If I do do it alone I have people I could talk on the phone with or get to come over if I needed them to
Having someone you can call is better than nothing, but not as good as having someone with you. You might not be able to use your phone when you're peaking on LSD.

Well I'm currently on the tab I bought typed a big long thing but lost it. It's getting harder and harder to use my phone. Thanks for the advice guys ?