View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Adverse Reactions To Research Chemicals

love_sex_desire

Bluelighter
In the interest of harm reduction here is a thread to compile a list of adverse reactions to research chemicals. Due to the nature of research chemicals, little information is available about possible adverse reactions and the circumstances of such reactions. The last thing any researcher wants is to worry about themselves or their friend they have bestowed a little piece of scientific mystery to inquire upon. If you yourself, or you know someone, or you have heard a credible story pertaining to adverse reactions to research chemicals please post your findings along these guidelines I have left blank to copy and paste.

(I'll use well known 2C-T-7 fatalities as the examples, even though this is for any adverse reactions, not just fatalities.)

(In the intro explain your relation to the victim/how you heard about this incident.)

Research Chemical:

Intro:

Other Drugs (in order):

Dosage(s) (in order):

Route(s) of Administration:

Summary (symptoms):

(Summary (symptoms): Note when the drugs were taken in relation to one another. Remember this is for any adverse reactions, so describe exactly what the adverse reaction was and how severe it was.)

I sincerely hope this list is short!

Last edited:
Research Chemical: 2C-T-7

Intro: I got this information from erowid.org
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ct7/2ct7_death2.shtml

Other Drugs (in order): ecstasy, minithin (25 mg ephedrine, 5 mg guaifenisen)

Doseage(s) (in order): 1 pill ecstasy, 1 minithin, approx. 30-35 mg 2C-T-7

Route(s) of Administration: ecstasy = oral, minithin = oral, 2C-T-7 = insufflated

Summary (symptoms): Victim took ecstasy first. When ecstasy wore off, victim took minithin and insufflated 2C-T-7. Began vomiting heavily and became dissociated and violent. Resulted in death. No mechanism of death indicated.

Last edited:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ct7/2ct7_death1.shtml

Other Drugs (in order): none mentioned

Dosage(s) (in order): approx. 35 mg. 2C-T-7

Route(s) of Administration: 2C-T-7 = insufflated

Summary (symptoms): Victim was vomiting, agitated, and flailing. Victim had a bleeding nose then turned blue. Resulted in death. Cause of death declared 2C-T-7 overdose. No mechanism of death indicated.

Last edited:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ct7/2ct7_death3.shtml

Other Drugs (in order): MDMA

Doseage(s) (in order): approx. 200 mg. MDMA, unknown amount of 2C-T-7

Route(s) of Administration: MDMA = oral, 2C-T-7 = oral

Summary (symptoms): Took MDMA and 2C-T-7 at the same time. Victim became agitated and violent. Possible seizures. Eyes rolled back into his head, irregular breathing. Resulted in death. Unofficial cause of death reported as "cerebral hemorrhage due to drug overdose."

Last edited:
I think this type of info is really important to read up on so that we know potential risks. However, I feel that having a single "RC risks" thread is weird. Wouldn't the info be better directed if the accounts were posted separately to each of the Big & Dandy threads of the chemicals involved?

it would simply drown in a b&d thread. but i agree that having them unsorted in a thread is strange. a database searchable for compounds would be ideal for this.

it would simply drown in a b&d thread. but i agree that having them unsorted in a thread is strange. a database searchable for compounds would be ideal for this.

hmmm, that seems like it could be its very own bluelight section if u ask me. Adverse drug reactions... one for steriods,psyches and all the other categories they have for drug discussion except this would be devoted to only discussion of adverse reactions...

The "search this thread" function helps.

Unfortunately 2C-x's get the shaft. The search engine recognizes the [-] sign as "NOT".

okay that makes so much sense!!! I wondered why that always brought up random articles. Is there someway to fix that? Maybe 2c-x threads could be relabled 2cx(2c-x or chemical name or something)?

I moved Research Chemical: to the top of the posts and bolded it so it is easier to navigate without using the search this thread function, just in case we get actually get this thread going. Please contribute if you know of any adverse reactions to research chemicals and be as concise as much as possible/you remember. From the lack of responses, it looks like research chemicals are pretty damn safe!

this is a good idea for a thread. i have been extremely careful with the research chems since there isnt too much info about them. but this thread will really help to get an idea of what to look out for. the 2ct7 deaths have definitely scared me away from it for good

this was posted a little while ago by nagginudej:
So I blacked out last night for some period on 26mg of 4aco and 2.5 hits of LSD. Thankfully no damage was done.

I don't know what it is about the Hippy Flip, but it devastates me every time. Last time I experiment with that combination...

Brother of my friend possibly went into coma because of 2C-E. Not confirmed yet, but he was in psychic ward.

^^ Can you follow up on that and if it is true can you try to get details, i.e. if he mixed anything and how much he did? If this is true that is very upsetting. Sorry to hear.

dunno if this qualifies as an "adverse" reaction, but one friend of mine had an extremely unpleasant experience with 8mg 2ce & 8mg 2c-i. She's a pretty experienced psych user, and had used both before at substantially higher doses, but just totally lost any connection with reality on that one. Hysterical crying, talking to people who weren't there, inability to really do anything besides lay in the bed & freak out. Also there was substantial HPPD like residual activity for several months after this experience. Could just be a negative experience, but it may have something to do with decreased renal function (she only has 1 kidney), or previous use of the horrid anti-depressant Effexor. This happened over a year ago, but if anyone has any insight or potential explanations outside of "standard Freakout" i'd like to hear them.

Research Chemical: 2C-E and 2C-I

Intro: Info about friend from the above post by bluelighter any_major_dude

Other Drugs (in order): none specified

Dosage(s) (in order): 8 mg 2C-E, 8 mg 2C-I

Route(s) of Administration: assumed oral

Summary (symptoms): Lost connection with reality, hysterical crying, delirious (i.e. talking to people that weren't there). Resulted in HPPD effects for a couple months after the experience. May have resulted from research chemicals alone, or along with decreased renal function from victim only having 1 kidney, or past use of effexor, or some combination. No medical help was necessary,

(I'll try to format some submissions. Feel free to help, or to simply follow the format to begin with. If there is any info I got wrong or anything to add or if you want it deleted PM me or add another post (i.e. any major dude, let me know if this accurately depicts the adverse reaction.) Apparently copy and paste doesn't bold Research Chemical: so please bold that heading for easier reading.)

Last edited:
this is a good idea for a thread. i have been extremely careful with the research chems since there isnt too much info about them. but this thread will really help to get an idea of what to look out for. the 2ct7 deaths have definitely scared me away from it for good

2C-T-7 can be dangerous but keep in mind the deaths were from insufflating what many consider to be heavy oral doses, and insufflation doses are much smaller than oral doses for the 2C-x's. The oral death was most likely from mixing 2C-T-7 with MDMA due to 2C-T-7's apparent MAOI properties, which makes oral dosing of 2C-T-7 as far as we know as dangerous as oral ayahuasca for example. Both are dangerous to mix with MDMA. We must be rather careful with research chems, but I don't want to scare people away from them. In fact if one follows a thorough database of the circumstances causing adverse reactions, these reactions would be most minimal. The truth is most problems/deaths associated with drugs in general can easily be avoided, and many adverse reactions come from silly avoidable mistakes. Be safe everyone!

Last edited: