• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Adverse effects of kratom and cocaine

magicburrito

Bluelighter
So i used to do cocaine and kratom a bunch. But i would do it at moderate doses. Just two nights ago, i got done with a bag of coke, and i wanted kratom to soothe the come down as i always do. But this time, i took more than usual. Next thing i know, i am having a seizer and throwing up. I am completely confused as to where i am. Turns out if you take high enough doses of cocaine and kratom you can have seizers. So be carfull

It's not unheard of for kratom to contribute to seizures; in certain circumstances.

And cocaine has also been shown to lower the seizure threshold.

I suggest you stop mixing them together, or at least lower your doses when mixing to prevent seizures in the future. Severity can range from minor tremors to potentially fatal seizures, in extreme cases.

While the risk of death from kratom is relatively low compared to other opioids, it is most definitely possible.

Last edited:
It's not unheard of for kratom to cause seizures on its own; in certain individuals.

I suggest you stop mixing them together, or at least lower your doses when mixing to prevent seizures in the future. Severity can range from minor tremors to potentially fatal seizures, in extreme cases.

While the risk of death from kratom is relatively low compared to other opioids, it is most definitely possible.
Good advice here

It's not unheard of for kratom to cause seizures on its own; in certain individuals.

Thanks for the information.

I have combined them a couple times, but had a large kratom tolerance and wasn't taking much, it helped soothe out the coke anxiety, but probably just cause I'm going through opioid paws and it helps with that a lot.

Its vital that people understand and treat kratom as an opioid. This is a prime example. Seizures caused by stacking stims and opioids are well known

Last edited:

In neither of your citations can it be concluded that kratom alone was the cause of seizures.

Your first link "The sixth GTC seizure resulted in a motor vehicle accident. In addition to Kratom use, he then admitted to intermittent use of marijuana (once weekly), lisdexamfetamine dimesylate use (3 times weekly), rare alprazolam use (monthly), and intermittent alcohol consumption (4 drinks weekly). He followed up with Psychiatry and due to chronic Kratom abuse was recommended to drug rehabilitation."

Your second link: he was taking extracts which is usually the case and a huge problem as far as adulteration (5 manufactureres are being sued right now). Also, he tested positive for opioids (mitragynine will not show as an ope) and was taking a sleep med.

Kratom does negatively interact with many drugs.

Kratom + meth can cause serotonin syndrome.

Kratom + alcohol has given me alcohol hallucinosis.

Kratom + THC gives me bad anxiety and dissociation

Kratom + ashwagandha gave me some seriously bad, long term side effects

Kratom + tianeptine was very unpleasant.

For years now the only other drugs I'll take within 6hr of kratom are caffeine and nicotine. I noticed the negative pattern of combination a long time ago.

Kratom is such an unpredictable drug, every batch has wildly different alkaloid content of which there is almost no knowledge of what they do.

And yes, I know of at least 1 person who posted here and described seizures on more than 1 occasion from kratom alone with nothing else.

Last edited:
Kratom does negatively interact with many drugs.

Kratom + meth can cause serotonin syndrome.

Kratom + alcohol has given me alcohol hallucinosis.

Kratom + THC gives me bad anxiety and dissociation

Kratom + ashwagandha gave me some seriously bad, long term side effects

Kratom + tianeptine was very unpleasant.

For years now the only other drugs I'll take within 6hr of kratom are caffeine and nicotine. I noticed the negative pattern of combination a long time ago.

Kratom is such an unpredictable drug, every batch has wildly different alkaloid content of which there is almost no knowledge of what they do.

And yes, I know of at least 1 person who posted here and described seizures on more than 1 occasion from kratom alone with nothing else.
I def do NOT argue that kratom has interactions and many of them. You are also right about the unpredictability and lack of knowledge on the effects of the indole alkaloids. However, it is important to note that everything else you stated is purely anetoctal. I have and do use kratom along with 4 out of the 5 compounds you listed with 0 complications (but again that is also purely anedoctal).

In neither of your citations can it be concluded that kratom alone was the cause of seizures.

Your first link "The sixth GTC seizure resulted in a motor vehicle accident. In addition to Kratom use, he then admitted to intermittent use of marijuana (once weekly), lisdexamfetamine dimesylate use (3 times weekly), rare alprazolam use (monthly), and intermittent alcohol consumption (4 drinks weekly). He followed up with Psychiatry and due to chronic Kratom abuse was recommended to drug rehabilitation."

Your second link: he was taking extracts which is usually the case and a huge problem as far as adulteration (5 manufactureres are being sued right now). Also, he tested positive for opioids (mitragynine will not show as an ope) and was taking a sleep med.
My apologies. I should have not said “on its own” but rather, “in combination with other substances”. I did not mean to misconstrue kratoms risks