• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Adverse effects of 4-HO-MET - still feeling off - tips/tricks?

blazR

Bluelighter
Hi,

Me and a good friend took ~30mg 4-HO-MET each yesterday..
He is actually diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and has stopped his Risperdal injections ~45 days ago.
I didn't knew he had stopped his medication before after ingestion or I wouldn't have done it. We have done quite a bit trips together, but he has always been on AP's..

He also smoked weed before the trip, which probably made it all worse since he is non tolerant..

My trip was on the mellow side but he had a REALLY bad trip, suffering for 6-8 hours at high intensity. But afterwards he said that it felt like something in his head was broken and he still feel this way today after sleep..

Do any of you guys/gals have any tips - what to do?
I have asked him to try and relax and not focus on it, but i can't really think of anything else..

Help please <3

//blazR

Did he stop taking his medication against a prescribing doctor's advice? If so, has he resumed taking it today? If not it's pretty obvious what he needs to do ASAP here. The causal relations between what has happened here - given what you've shared of your histories tripping together - are overwhelmingly obvious.

I do not have schizophrenia so I'm trying to phrase this in an understanding manner, perhaps I would feel differently if I did. But your friend's actions were potentially catastrophically dangerous not only to himself but to everyone around him. Do you know what symptoms he usually experiences when he is not medicated? I would advise finding out, although probably not right now. Your friend needs to take his medication, before doing or thinking about anything else, period.

Beyond that, I guess just try to handle the situation as sensitively and kindly as possible, but the possibility exists that you are just not equipped with the knowledge required to deal with this if things do not improve, no matter how well intentioned you might be. Your friend probably needs to see a psychiatric professional, and to not use any more powerful psychedelics not only unmedicated but also without telling his tripping partner(s) that he has chosen to go unmedicated. The former part of this decision is highly questionable in itself but the latter part especially makes me very uneasy.

Assuming you can understand my reasons for saying this I would suggest that when, hopefully, your friend pulls out of this, you try to get them to understand this also.