View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ADHD with weed and acid

Furiouscalf

Greenlighter
Hi bluelighters! So I have ADHD and I haven't gotten a prescription for it yet so as you would expect I am constantly fidgeting and struggling to keep control of my thoughts and focus. In the past I have smoked weed and have also taken 75mics of acid, however weed always makes me feel uncomfortable and like I need to be doing something or focusing on something but everything is slowed down and it feels very not normal for me. With acid I could not think at all and my body felt slowed down and it was very uncomfortable and my thoughts could not connect in any way and because of my ADHD I felt like I needed to fight back the disconnected thoughts and focus but no matter what I did I couldn't and overall the experience was not enjoyable. With MDMA I get a very odd reaction where my head becomes very clear and I don't feel the need to move as much and it's a very comfortable feeling. Yes I still dance and get hyperactive of course, but my speech is very normal paced and my words / thoughts are connected. I have a theory that with an ADHD medication such as adderall or vivance that both weed and acid would become more enjoyable to me because my psyche wouldn't be constantly fighting to stay in control and I would be able to mellow out. Thoughts?
Furious

You just need to let go IMO. Don't hide behind a shield of mental illness because you can't handle psychedelics and the like. Most "ADHD" people I know are ONLY into stims and downers, and tell me similar things about how they "Don't like not being in control." Not being in control is the entire dang point of LSD in my book, so if you can't let go, don't assume making a drug cocktail will make heavy duty psychs like LSD all of a sudden all super happy fun time and the like. Psychs make just about everyone feel uncomfortable. For those of us who can push past the strange feelings they give us, we can learn things and maybe even have a good time too.

Again, if you can't just let go, give up on drugs like LSD. There's going to be discomfort, it's unavoidable.

That being said, IME stims and weed can go well together. I do know some people who do stims and do like weed; however, none of them do psychs.

I'm not really trying to use the mental illness as an excuse, I'm just theory crafting here. I've done other psychadelics and by far the most fun I had was with 25i which had me stimulated and made it a lot easier to let go and just enjoy some Steve Aoki and Waka Flocka. So the whole let loose thing isn't new to me, however without a stimulant it is very difficult to let go.

Well 25i is a very different drug from LSD, I know there are people who like one or not the other. In my case I think LSD is god's (Hofmann? Hah) gift to the world, and 25i would be the devil's equivalent. Perhaps 25i has some sort of amphetamine-like effect on you, I know that's pretty common from what I've seen.

Yeah I definitely want to test this either way, worst case scenario I'm uncomfortable for 8 hours, go to bed, wake up and say hey you know I tried again. I'm just really determined to figure out what is so much fun about it and have a good time.