• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants ADHD diagnosis whilst on Suboxone - A revelation.

Slayer0344

Bluelighter
Hello fellow bluelighters, green lighters and lurkers alike

It’s been a while since I posted.

My last string of posts was a month or so ago whilst withdrawing from Suboxone and desperately using anything I can to stave that off whilst waiting to go back on subs in my country.

After being back on subs for a month I’m now physically stable again and have somewhat been back ro normal. Since the withdrawal I have been getting intense panic attacks however. Which led me to seek a clinical psychologist for help.

In my first session with him I sat down and we began - I had no idea he had been carefully watching everything I’m doing and saying, observing my mannerisms and body language the whole time.

As I began speaking about my anxiety he started asking me other questions that I thought had nothing to do with anxiety which left me wondering where the hell this guy got his degree. All of a sudden he asked me if I’d ever been tested for ADHD.

As my mother and father both died when I was a child and I grew up in foster care I said no. He handed me a form to fill out with a bunch of questions I had to rate within “mostly never” or “mostly always” 15 minutes later I handed him back the form. He took one look at it and looked back up at me and told me I have ADHD. A combination form. Whatever that means. And booked me in to see a psychiatrist immediately.

He said I have most likely had it since childhood and it’s gone untreated, that my drug use over the years has most likely been me trying to correct my state of mind to what it should be. When I think about that it does make a lot of sense.

So now I’m at a place of knowing I need to come off the subs as they are obviously wrong for me and I’m guessing I won’t be prescribed any adhd meds whilst being on a them,

This has been a major revelation.

Has anyone here been prescribed both at the same time. Tapering off subs is a long road but I believe starting treatment for adhd asap is important.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

I don't have adhd but I had to get off of suboxone because it caused me anxiety.
I do know people that take suboxone and adderall and they haven't had any bad responses.

I have been prescribed both before. Doctors are much more touchy about prescribing benzos with bupe than they are ADHD meds. That said, it's still probably a matter of luck and getting the right doctor or doctors. My ADHD goes untreated yet again today and has for years off and on due to modern psychiatry wanting to label every useful medicine a "substance of abuse", and making you jump through thousands of hoops to get treated right.

There are no bad side effects that don't occur with each med already on their own, as far as I know. Maybe dehydration and that shitty flavor in your mouth, but you should be used to that by now!