• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc ADHD and Paradoxical Effects of Stimulants and Opiates

suidomreh

Greenlighter
Basically I have ADHD. After hearing that it causes paradox effects in things like speed (Amphetamine), I finally realized why Speed never "worked" for me. It would leave me calm and highly focused and motivated, but I had no problems with talking to much or being antsy/fidgety. After using it for productivity and otherwise boring life chores, rather than to get high, I really enjoyed life a lot more. My anxiety was lower as well. And weirdly enough my pupils would shrink down as small as they could rather than getting bigger.

Another drug this seems to affect me with are opiates. Instead of getting sedated or tired, I get energetic and can't stop talking or fidgeting like you would expect from speed. My pupils shrink heavily as well.

An amazing recreational and purposeful combination for me is mixing both opiates and speed. It is sort of like meth and feels very clean. The opiates get me speedy and euphoric and the speed gives me focus and both give me energy. And amazingly my heart rate stays close or at its normal rate. On top of that they both potentiate each other. It is also a safe combo despite the rumors that the two differing effects will mess you up as they fight for control. As long as you are taking safe doses of both drugs that is. You could even add additional potentiator for both of them like hydroxizine or benadryl, but start at a low dose and see how it effects you. And to top it off, there seems to not much of a crash or comedown either.

As always, these are my personal experiences and what works for me may not always work for you. This is mainly for people who do have ADHD and want to experience a more true amphetamine high they otherwise couldn't, this combo can be addictive and very addictive if you do not have ADHD. So take caution and do not do it too regularly.

Last edited:
This is more like a trip report mate. I would never advise anyone start doing speedballs on a frequent basis, the addictive potential is extreme.

Perhaps you could write up a Trip Report of your experience for us for that forum? I'm sure others with similar experiences may also like to chime in there.

It was more of a report of ADHD paradox effects only. I outlined that this is how it effects me and that the combo is safe if used at safe doses. People with ADHD also have a much smaller addiction potential for stimulants. This is not necessarily advised to be used within in sort of regularity and even more so if you do not have ADHD.

I remember taking low doses of Adderall and Dexedrine that I was prescribed (not at the same time), and how it would make me fall asleep, and how I could easily sleep that night even if I took them later in the day or early evening.

Opiates when I foolishly dabbled with them in low doses would give me the classic effects of nodding, the itch, and not so fun nausea; but I also would get energized on them and get lots of energy. I remember loving to do cardio exercise on very low doses of oxycodone such as running and swimming which I enjoyed a lot.

I remember taking low doses of Adderall and Dexedrine that I was prescribed (not at the same time), and how it would make me fall asleep, and how I could easily sleep that night even if I took them later in the day or early evening.

Opiates when I foolishly dabbled with them in low doses would give me the classic effects of nodding, the itch, and not so fun nausea; but I also would get energized on them and get lots of energy. I remember loving to do cardio exercise on very low doses of oxycodone such as running and swimming which I enjoyed a lot.
If you want to go for another time, I would suggest taking a little hydroxyzine or benadryl, it makes the high better and gets rid of the itch. You could get your hands on Zofran to instantly relieve nausea too.

Last edited:
I would also get energetic and productive and happy on opiates namely heroin, while I watched everyone else pass out, shit themselves, puke everywhere, etc.

I never felt bad coming off methamphetamine or other stimulants, but I most certainly did go through opiate withdrawal.

Opiates always affected me normally albeit I have insane natural tolerance. I am ADD however, and after doing a shot of meth I can go to sleep. I was on meth while around my family and friends constantly for months and they never noticed, because I don't get fidgety or hyper on stims. I think it has to do with ADD and ADD having different baselines for serotonin/norepinephrine or something.

Yeah, brain chemistry can be a very complex and confusing thing. Things like Percocet and Benadryl knock a lot of people out, but they actually keep me awake. Likewise, I can drink a six-pack of cola before bed and sleep like a baby! (well... aside from having to get up and pee :D )