• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

ADDICTS, What lies did the drugs tell you?

missmegandelaney

Bluelighter
When we become addicts, we really can't trust ourselves anymore.
If you know some of the thoughts that you've had/have are your addictions please share them here.

My drug of choice was mainly meth.

My inner dialogue would be..

"You didn't die the first time you tried it and you weren't picking bugs out of your skin. Everyone must be lying, because meth doesn't seem so bad."

"snorting it isn't a big deal. I can have a few bumps before class, just to boost my confidence...I could use some social skills."

"I can smoke meth on the weekends and be okay, cause i'm okay so far."

"it's not stealing money if I replace it later.. i'll steal my little brothers money . But i'm going to replace it... I promise."

"You are the best person you can be when your on meth. it makes you a good person."

My DOC is any opiate really, but mainly roxys.

I started off by stealing my grandmother's pills. I'd justify it by saying things like "Oh, she doesnt use them, theyve been here for months. It's not like she'll miss them. These are addictive, so by taking them from her, I'm being a good person!"
After that, I came to the realization that it was all just justification. I stopped trying to make it seem okay and just accepted I was doing something awful, and stopped caring. In the midst of addiction, it can really turn you into a cold person.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldnt this be more suited for TDS than OD?

"If they take away my allowance, I'll just take it myself."
"Some amphetamines to enhance my social skills and learning abilities during school means I'm just self-medicating." (While taking 100x the therapeutic dose.)
"Amphetamine binges are unhealthy but won't kill me. I've been in worse shape than this so there's nothing problematic going on."
"I can't relax if I don't smoke some herb"
"I can't relax if I don't take my pills."
"1 of these = fun high, so 10 of these = 10 times more fun"

This one's only about nicotine but still pretty interesting nonetheless.

Didn't have a pack on me for 1 day and a half.
Just got home from work
"I'm thirsty, gonna walk to the gas station to get a coke."
Walked out with a coke and a pack of cigs.
8)

Amphetamines

-If some is good,more must be better
-I'm being really productive on speed,not just sitting around talking shit,so I'm making the most out of it
-I could pay a cleaner $100 a week,but I can do a more thorough job and get some exercise too if I spend that $100 on speed instead
-I'll just have a little bump to get me going this morning,and won't touch anymore today
-I'm only gonna take enough to last me the day,I'm not staying up all night again (followed by countless bumps and staying up 2 days)
-I need to lose weight and be more active anyway,so this is just the same as taking diet pills every day

The first drug I ever tried was Mephedrone. I thought it was a legal alternative to ecstasy so the warning signs of over usage didn't pop up until very very late.

After one of the first times trying it, I was driving home from work and I wanted to do it for the 2nd consecutive night. A small warning went up but I quickly dismissed it as "nah it's not addictive, it feels good that's why I want to do it a second night. Of course, makes sense!"

For opiates a common reasoning was:
Unlike all the other drugs opiates make it easy to fall asleep and me feel good when I wake up. (early opiate use)
"Doctors use it"

Then as time progressed it was to aide me in work. A bag before work I thought always made me more social and do a better job.

Too many to list, but the golden one: "I can stop anytime I like."

The drugs don't lie, man. We lie to ourselves. Eric Clapton said it best, didn't he? "she don't lie! she don't lie! she don't lie! ... cocaine!"

^You don't say? A pen doesn't lie either. :p

Na I'm fooling around, I just thought it was obvious what OP meant :D

Oops, nvm me. I don't know the song, didn't know those are the actual lyrics. =D

lol. if my memory served me better but i can't really think of any other than the classic one...

"just this one time"
"Doctors use it"
lol. love this one.

"When you're ready to stop I'll let you go; I promise"

And, after getting clean- "Just once for old times sake."

"you can use one more time and be fine. Just quit after you smoke me just one more time,it will be so easy, it's not like you are addicted or anything..." -ice

That lying whore

Heroin & Opana

"As long as I'm not homeless and I have money for food I'm not a junky. I'm fine."

"As long as I confine my stealing to businesses and not people or family members it's okay..."

"It's fine just do more, no one will realize that you're fucked up. You won't nod or anything."

"Go ahead and drive, you aren't nodding that bad"

"Fuck that cop, fix up that needle and do it now you're sick. If he comes over just stab him in his eye" (srs)

"Don't worry about overdosing, remember how good you felt last time you did extra bags?"

"Almost out of money? What do you think you can sell today?"

"Don't worry about overdosing, remember how good you felt last time you did extra bags?"

I used to tell myself this alot, but in my case it was benzos + oxy + tramadol (+codeine + tilidine sometimes)

I used to tell myself this alot, but in my case it was benzos + oxy + tramadol (+codeine + tilidine sometimes)

Yep me too. I actually did OD twice. First time was real bad, 2nd time I was out for fifteen minutes and probably would have been worse (prob would have died) if my girlfriend wasn't there watching me as I shot it up. Police and EMS got there quick.