• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Addicted and need help??? Click here

So happy to hear this YAOT!

Well done! I'm super proud of you!

I agree that the watered down tapering, just using a small taste when you are feeling like you can't stand it method is King!

You are the one who will win and this thing is loosing its claw grip on you. Give it the death blow brother!

❤️

I'm saving a screenshot of this message because i found your words about the claw grip and death blow so powerful. I got off 7 years of methadone, about 5 years ago. I used a watered down tapering method as well. I hope I don't need your inspiring words one day, but the way things are going lately I'm afraid I might. That's the nature of the beast though, right?

This is my first time posting. New member but lurking for around a decade. If anyone wants to talk about beating opiates and/or struggling with relapsing after years of clean time, PM me. I'm not sure I'll be able to respond as a new member but feel free to leave contact info.

May not be the answer you're looking for, but Methadone. Personally i found it much much easier to taper off that than H or pills. What kind of help, specifically, are you looking for?

Zagor I just saw from your other posts that you can't get on methadone with the benzos you're taking. The clinic won't take you? I feel like if you can take the benzos with the oxy why not the methadone? Maybe there's an interaction I'm unfamiliar with

Neurogal I could potentially get on Methadone but I am scared. Partially because of benzos but more because of how is it going to make me feel depression and anxiety wise? My depression and anxiety has got much worse since I reached high tolerance on oxy and even suboxone didn't help so right now I am trying to taper off of oxy using kratom because it seems to help withdrawals.

BTW Since I quit sub 10 months ago off 16 mg cold turkey and after 2 days switched to oxy (again) I never could get high which makes my withdrawal easier.

Have you thought about a ketamine infusion? This might lower your tolerance and might potentially have an antidepressive effect

Have you thought about a ketamine infusion? This might lower your tolerance and might potentially have an antidepressive effect
Only 2 hospitals in my city do that as an inpatient. You have to go to psych ward and maybe, just MAYBE they will start you on it. They insist that you do ECT first. If that fails then they might put you on ketamine. I don't wanna do ECT. It would mess me up emotionally if I spent a month in psych ward and was discharged without ketamine treatment. And what is even worse, it is hard to get admitted unless you tell them you are suicidal. Sometimes even then. Sometimes they treat you as a criminal "for your own good". They are full of shit. Every doctor I told about K smiled from ear to ear. Do some research and put them on the spot. It works wonderfully well for many people. It actually dials down your pain receptors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speed King. I know it works wonderfully and is a pain killer but I just wrote how it works where I live when it comes to KETAMINE

I believe there's a clinic in MN that specifically does ketamine infusions to treat depression. Sounds like you can just walk in there. It is expensive though and I know the distance may not be doable, if that's what you're interested in.

I was at the methadone clinic for 7 years. I found it kind of sedating, emotionally. I did experience depression recurrences on it over the years, but it didn't feel as bad as sober depression. Anxiety came from time to time but was definitely way less frequent on methadone than sober. I also found it incredibly effective for quitting dope compared to Suboxone, which did almost nothing for me.

*raises hand*

I made a conscious decision to become a junky. It was necessary at the time for me. It's probably not that common though and not always the wisest of plans. Worked for me, but I wouldn't advise it.
Whilst I realise your post is now eleven years old and, it's a shot in the dark thinking I might get a response from you, I'll take the chance.
When I read that 'nobody plans to be a junkie' I actually thought of someone I knew that did. The boy romanticised the junkie lifestyle and just (crazily, IMO) went for it. Please tell me what made you go for it.

*raises hand*

I made a conscious decision to become a junky. It was necessary at the time for me. It's probably not that common though and not always the wisest of plans. Worked for me, but I wouldn't advise it.

I never planned on being a junkie but I also was well aware that I almost certainly was going to end up addicted and did not care at all. Like I picked up the needle with zero hesitation and started heroin as soon as I had a hook.

Never once did I think I’d be able to control it or not end up like other people. I just thought it wouldn’t be that bad. But being an addict is, intruely believe, the most stressful experience a human can put themselves through.

Being strung out doesn’t sound bad on its face, you sit around all day being high without a care in the world.

Well that’s not the reality. You spend 99% of your time trying to figure out how your gonna get $300 together toGet through the day. And you get about a total of 60 seconds escape from the stress as you push the plunger down on your shot. Every moment is devoted to hustling and it gets old so quickly

For me I was definitely naive and uneducated about the dangers of opiates and their potential to dig its hooks into you. I had an accident and shattered my orbital as a teenager and was prescribed 60 10mg Percocet with 3 refills. I wasn't told by the doctor or anyone that these could be addictive. I got trapped now I'm still battling an opiate addiction and all the problems that come with it. I would have never taken them if I'd known. Now i feel like I'm living in hell and not sure how to defeat my demons at the moment. I really have been struggling since my wife died in October 2017 from heroin od. Im not nearly as mentally strong as i used to be and i believe it's these evil drugs taking a toll on my being as well as my loved ones. The will to quit is strong but the responsibility of working a full-time job and taking care of my two children alone has made it nearly impossible. I can't take this life much longer im not sure what to do at this point and that's part of the reason i joined bluelight and started posting because i believe a group of people willing to share ideas and experiences is very powerful. I really hope i can defeat this soon because things aren't looking too good for me if i don't. Its life or death at this point for me I'm in deep.

For me I was definitely naive and uneducated about the dangers of opiates and their potential to dig its hooks into you. I had an accident and shattered my orbital as a teenager and was prescribed 60 10mg Percocet with 3 refills. I wasn't told by the doctor or anyone that these could be addictive. I got trapped now I'm still battling an opiate addiction and all the problems that come with it. I would have never taken them if I'd known. Now i feel like I'm living in hell and not sure how to defeat my demons at the moment. I really have been struggling since my wife died in October 2017 from heroin od. Im not nearly as mentally strong as i used to be and i believe it's these evil drugs taking a toll on my being as well as my loved ones. The will to quit is strong but the responsibility of working a full-time job and taking care of my two children alone has made it nearly impossible. I can't take this life much longer im not sure what to do at this point and that's part of the reason i joined bluelight and started posting because i believe a group of people willing to share ideas and experiences is very powerful. I really hope i can defeat this soon because things aren't looking too good for me if i don't. Its life or death at this point for me I'm in deep.
With the kids, everything changes UnFaDaBie. I have two kids but the difference is you, unfortunately, lost your wife which makes you the most important thing in life for your kids. Don't get me wrong, I'm neither being judgemental nor trying to preach; I just understand the heaviness of the situation.
What do you think about tapering with the help of methadone or buperenorphine? Do you live somewhere that you have access to them? I'm not talking about staying on these medications but doing a scheduled (fast) taper with them.

Yeah I realise that, but if say someone (eg. me) before they had got into opiates had read this post then maybe they would have been more careful, I was careful but obviously not enough. Although it might not help people like you its not going to make it worse. All this post can do it help reinforce how addictive these drugs are for the naive.

Thanks for the input though, hope I can get some more :)
It's not always a choice. I got IV morphine 6 times a day for 10 weeks in hospital but I saw so ill I was never lucid and wasn't able to say no. But I was in terrible agony so even when I was getting better I couldn't say no because the pain was so bad. Obviously after 10 week of 4-hourly morphine injections I was already addicted by the time I left hospital.
This was 7 years and I've been on various different opiates since then but never been able to get off them.
I'm doing better because I'm (mostly) just on Dihydrocodeine. However I'm prescribed 240mg a day and take more like 600mg. I do steal strips of codeine, too, though. And occasionally MS Contin or Fent patches but only if my local pharmacy forgets to padlock their dumpster.

Okay, I just read that and I guess maybe I'm not doing better lol.

Last edited:
It's not always a choice. I got IV morphine 6 times a day for 10 weeks in hospital but I saw so ill I was never lucid and wasn't able to say no. But I was in terrible agony so even when I was getting better I couldn't say no because the pain was so bad. Obviously after 10 week of 4-hourly morphine injections I was already addicted by the time I left hospital.
This was 7 years and I've been on various different opiates since then but never been able to get off them.
I'm doing better because I'm (mostly) just on Dihydrocodeine. However I'm prescribed 240mg a day and take more like 600mg. I do steal strips of codeine, too, though. And occasionally MS Contin or Fent patches but only if my local pharmacy forgets to padlock their dumpster.

Okay, I just read that and I guess maybe I'm not doing better lol.

You're British right? Pharmacies here don't dump fent patches and MS Contin in their dumpster... The rules for destruction of CD are incredibly strict.

With the kids, everything changes UnFaDaBie. I have two kids but the difference is you, unfortunately, lost your wife which makes you the most important thing in life for your kids. Don't get me wrong, I'm neither being judgemental nor trying to preach; I just understand the heaviness of the situation.
What do you think about tapering with the help of methadone or buperenorphine? Do you live somewhere that you have access to them? I'm not talking about staying on these medications but doing a scheduled (fast) taper with them.
I have been on suboxone for awhile now 8mg. For some reason I'm having a really hard time switching back to suboxone from heroin. I started doing h again and this Is the hardest time I've had stopping. I quit Saturday at 8 pm (this was my last shot of heroin) i waited until about 4 pm Sunday to take my suboxone because this was when the withdrawals were getting bad. I took 4mg (half an 8) and waited 4 hours then took another 8mg because the 4mg did not help. Sunday night i was up all night sweating tossing turning, haven't eaten(nausea), and sneezing so I'm still in moderate to severe withdrawal. I'm not sure why the subs aren't helping me this time? In the past i would wait 16 hrs from my last h dose then take sub and be somewhat fine until the next day then I'd feel normal. Also I'm having trouble breathing lately along with chest pains and anxiety. I'm not sure what this is from other than the stress i been putting myself through to get off h and the problems associated with doing the h(money, ups and downs, withdrawal, guilt, not being the best parent i can be, etc). If anyone could help me out with any ideas of how to get thru the sick days that would be much appreciated. I'm dragging ass at work right now and i don't even know how I'm working I'm sick from withdrawal still.

So sorry to hear you are so sick unfadabie.
I don’t have any experience with the drugs you are taking.
I just wanted to say that I hope you feel better soon.

Maybe it is just taking awhile to get the sub working as the h has probably been fentanyl.
Hang in there! I would think you should start feeling better real soon.
❤️

Hi sixpartseven !!! i think i quit late to be a part of this thread , But I LIKED YOUR POST =D

hey guys,

I was thinking about tapering my near decade use of codeine with promethazine, my DOC, with dihydrocodeine (DHC). funnily enuf, I dont get the euphoria when I take DHC even though there has been a lot saying that DHC is supposedly twice as potent as C itself.

I have no idea on how to create a workable tapering schedule .

Currently I am using either 2 x 90ml of syrup C (about 180mg of codeine phosphate in 1 bottle) OR if I can't get my hands on the syrup, it would be 10 to 12 tabs of 30mg codeine phosphate.

I have been tried in patient programs.. but here there is no in patient program which ĺast more den 2 weeks.

Am sick of having to use everyday. but I need to hold down my job and thus going CT is not an option.

Would 5HTP be of any help? If so, how much should I try taking?

I also have about 30 x 10mg Valium to battle the insomnia and RLS.

Wee bit of background... I m dealing with major depression too. But right now I am using my DOC to "block" the depression related feelings instead of the prescribed medications Trazadone and Epilim.

Would be grateful if anyone can help to answer the few questions above and also a tapering schedule.

cheers and stay safe everyone!