• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall vs Dexedrine vs Vyvanse vs Focalin

Dr.Mambo

Bluelighter
Which do you like/find works the best? I've been prescribed adderall and vyvanse before. Vyvanse made my brain feel like it was going to melt. I hated it. Of all ADHD meds I prefer focalin, I can sit and read a book in one sitting when I'd take it. A buddy of mine (r.i.p.) was prescribed to them. After he died I could never find any around. It seems it is not prescribed a whole lot.

I am very curious myself about other ADHD stimulant meds.. I like Adderall, and its really the only stimulant ADD/ADHD drug I have ever tried... So.. I just finally found someone, in my entire life and time using drugs, who has focalin IRs! I have never once, even seen Ritalin, focalin, vyvanse, or desoxyn(prescription methamphetamine tabs) so I have to know... how it (focalin) works on my ADHD in comparison to Adderall.. I don't want to get off my Adderall and switch meds if I don't find it to be any better.. and don't know how I would explain the sudden want to change meds to my prescribing doctor.. but still, just would be nice to know!

Focalin always felt cleaner than adderall to me and a lot more euphoric. I'm in the same boat as you I'd lovevto switch to focalin but not sure how to bring it up to my doc

Well.. see.. I haven't yet tried focalin, it just came into the picture.. and I work with someone who has it, doesn't seem to even like it and prefers to just smoke weed, without stimulants he says... but whenever I ask if I can get one from him, I even offered him like a dub for just one 10mg focalin he kind of just puts it off, and shrugs.. then changes the subject immediately.. so I get the vibe he doesn't really want to sell them.. but if he doesn't even like them, and doesn't take them wtf? you know? I really would just like to try any form of methylphenidate, to put into perspective how it works for me, compared to Adderall.. the only other ones I am intersested in trying is Dexedrine, which I hear is either more sedating than Adderall, without so much stimulation... or way more stimulating than Adderall, with no calmness.. depending on who takes it.. it would probably fall into the first category for me.. Adderall, calms me down compared to when I don't take it... if I don't take it, I become very rude towards other people, like co-workers... I will just interrupt them all day, and never stop talking.. and making outbursts, that aren't exactly appropriate for my work environment.. I told my manager straight up, I have ADHD, so that is why I act that way.. he didn't mind at all.

But yeah... if I do end up trying focalin, or any of the others... I have no idea what to say to my already, very lenient sub doctor! Who not only prescribes me subutex and Adderall, but klonopin as well... and in higher doses than she would for most other people.. she told my friend who suffers from the same shit as me, social/general anxiety disorder(s) and ADHD that he could try vyvanse, but there was no way in hell she would give him IR Adderall.. or XR.. and also wouldn't give him anymore than 1mg of klonopin a day, but gives me 3-4mg a day.. so I think I have developed a sort of bond with her, and trust now! It is very cool to have such an understanding doctor, who I think wont help my friend the same way, because he hasn't been there as long as a patient.. only been going like 1/3 of the time I have been there.. Also, I haven't failed a UA for anything but my scripts in like 2 years.. so that's another reason she likes me I believe.. I just want it to stay that way.. so yeah, I wouldn't really know how to put it if she thinks I am doing just fine on my Adderall, which I truly am.. but ended up trying focalin and liking it a lot more.. I cant say, "oh I got some focalin from a friend and tried it, and liked it better than Adderall!" she would get pissed most likely and say why are you taking focalin, when I gave you Adderall to take daily? and then I could see our trust/bond going south, and her not trusting me as much.. that's just how bad my anxiety really is.. I am already worrying about this, and haven't even tried focalin yet... lol.

Sub doctors prescribe other stuff? When I was on vivitrol I had to get tested for everything under the sun. I got off it and am looking into suboxone doctors. But yeah, about Dexedrine, it doesn't give me that sweaty, shaky feeling adderall does. The one thing I hate about focalin is the comedown. It has the worst comedown of any ADHD med I've had.

Yeah.. my sub doc is awesome.. a lot of them wont write all 3 at once, but my sub doctor is very lenient.. and she trusts me. New sub doctors are usually pretty wary of their new patients though, so if you get Adderall or klonopin from a psych doc or GP.. then they may either just give you subs and continue to let you take the other meds... or they could be assholes about it, and make you get off the other meds, even though the 3 together don't bother you! I can kind of see why, some sub docs wouldn't let that fly, not knowing shit about the new patient coming in, on two other scheduled narcotic meds... like amps and benzos.. but I don't know, my doctor is very laid back.. hardly ever even drug tests me anymore! I just recently got a random UA, after not having one for literally 1 1/2 years before that! And I had smoked weed the day before, but somehow.. they didn't find that in my urine?! I don't know.. either that, or they just don't give a shit about weed.. the only times they ever got mad, were when I had coke in my system... right when I started seeing my sub doc! it wasn't good.. they charged me extra $ and made me come back in 2 weeks, then another 2 weeks, instead of once a month like usual.. and the closer together your visits are at my doctor, they add on like an extra $20 bucks to your bill.. other than that they are very cool and laid back there, including the nurses... who are also very nice..

It all depends where your located, and what doctors are in your area! They may have no problem writing scripts for all 3.. they may not even give you subs, because you are on the other 2 meds, amp and benzos.. until you get off them. I have no idea.. I live in FL.. to give some perspective.

Also, yeah.. I would like to try Dexedrine too... never once seen it before, like Ritalin, focalin, and everything but Adderall its rare to come across on the street here IME looking for it, or even from friends to acquaintances I guess it all depends on who you know around here, also meth of any kind is non-existent here on the street, never seen it before pharm grade(desoxyn) or crystal meth/crank.. cocaine/crack are EVERYWHERE on the street here! but meth and amp/stim ADHD drugs are like finding gold... super rare! I will try and convince my buddy to let me try some focalin next time I see him.. but I don't know if he will, and if he doesn't.. I will survive.. but I am really super curious how it will effect me as opposed to adds! and really hope ONE DAY I can try something, anything stimulant wise other than either cocaine, or my script of Adderall, or any of those fucked RC stims, which I fucking hated, like a-pvp, the only RC stim I ever tried and ever will...

For me Dexedrine is the best in every way. The only thing that I think could beat it is Desoxyn which is pharmaceutical grade meth. I've never tried and definitely want to, but I'd never use it regularly because it's a lot more neurotoxic.

In terms of cleanness I'd rank them as Dexedrine > Focalin > Vyvanse > Adderall
In terms of euphoria I'd rank them as Dexedrine > Adderall > Focalin > Vyvanse
Functionally is similar in my opinion.

I don't really like vyvanse but I don't dislike it either and would gladly take it if given nothing else.
Dexedrine, Adderall and Vyvanse are all amphetamines while Focalin, Ritalin and Concerta are all methylphenidate.

Dexedrine is pure dextro-amphetamine while Adderall is a 3:1 mix of dextro and levo. The levo is the cause of most of the negitive side effects and I believe that the only reason it is even there is to deter people from taking high doses.
Focalin is just dextro-methylphenidate so it's basically what Dexedrine is to Adderall, except to Ritalin.

Because of Dexedrine is better, it is also more abusable, which maybe be a bad thing if you are that kind of person.

Desoxyn definitely sounds good on paper, but I know I'd go too far if I had a prescription and for that reason I think Dexedrine is the best stim period. I've been using amphetamines for a really long time and they've pretty much lost all the "magic," but really this is a good thing because I no longer use it to get high and instead use it the way it's suppose to be. Like how living in a beautiful area will lose it's magic but still is beautiful; the high and euphoria are still there, but they're kind of just in the background and the real purpose just become the focus enhancement.

Thanks for taking the time to write up all the info on each one man.. I did know about how each drug name, had what actual drug or drugs in it, like how Adderall is 3 parts dextroamp. 1 part levoamp. And Ritalin is methylphenidate.. Focalin is dextro-methylphenidate... and so on. I have been studying these drugs for the past 2-3 years, on the internet and shit, just trying to figure out which one would work best for me. But was basically just given Adderall IR off rip and never told the doctor to switch me, as it seemed/still seems to work well for my ADHD. I have found out though, from lots of research.. all of these drugs vary greatly in how they will effect one person to the next.. So I wont ever REALLY know until I try them all.

I just want to know how they feel, in my experience if I ever do get to try them... I wish my doctor gave me a small sample pack of each one, including desoxyn, before just putting me on Adderall IR and staying there.. not knowing how any of the others felt.. but I guess I cant be too picky, she is nice enough to prescribe subs, as well as drugs you would normally get from a psychiatrist like klonopin and Adderall IRs no less, not XRs.. IRs, which really surprised me getting these from a sub doctor! I like the Adderall, and yes.. it has lost some of its magic of course since being put on it around a year ago.. but really, it works great for the whole reason why I need it in the first place! My terrible ADHD, that I have lived with for 25 out of 26 years, without meds before Adderall came into the picture! It knocks it down to being hardly even noticeable most of the day while on Adderall, and keeps me normal and much calmer while at the same time motivating me and making me focus much harder, and do better at certain things.. once the Adderall wears off, I don't get a comedown, most likely because I am on klonopin all day too, but I do start to get really hyper and overly talkative, downright rude when it wears off, and a more scatter-brained which sucks.. but it usually works well as long as I have food in my stomach and take antacids prior to the Amp, sometimes gets me a bit high, sometimes doesn't do anything but take away most of my ADHD symptoms.. I just wonder what would work best for me out of them all, as everyone seems to be VERY different from what I have seen with all the different stimulant ADD/ADHD meds.. And Adderall, is the only one I have actually tried as far as the pharm stimulants go.

Would love it if my buddy who just got on Focalin, and apparently hates it, would just let me try one.. or buy one.. but he doesn't seem to keen on the idea.. Also would really like to try them all, like I said before, just to get an idea of which one works best FOR ME.. I just don't want to fuck something up that doesn't need fixing.. like how Adderall works for me, and if I start asking for other ADHD meds, I don't want my doctor to get the wrong idea.. I am just curious to try them.. its nothing urgent. I am in no hurry. Like I HAVE TO try all the other stimulant meds out there besides my Adderall, but purely just something I would like to do.. not something I need to do. I guess, whatever happens.. happens. and I will see what the future holds! From what I hear, Dexedrine sounds much better, not just from you.. but overall from everyone on this site, and that I know who have tried it before! I also hear, its not quite as easy/likely to get prescribed as Adderall is? for the most part at least... but I'm sure it just depends on your doctor really. As lenient as mine is, I wouldn't doubt her switching me.. but of course I haven't tried it yet, don't want to get off Adderall, try Dexedrine and then end up hating it!

^Sorry for the ridiculously long post lol. Adderall strikes my keyboard again! Fuck, I tend to elaborate wayyyy too much on Adderall, when typing what was supposed to be a short paragraph hahaha.

For me Dexedrine is the best in every way. The only thing that I think could beat it is Desoxyn which is pharmaceutical grade meth. I've never tried and definitely want to, but I'd never use it regularly because it's a lot more neurotoxic.

In terms of cleanness I'd rank them as Dexedrine > Focalin > Vyvanse > Adderall
In terms of euphoria I'd rank them as Dexedrine > Adderall > Focalin > Vyvanse
Functionally is similar in my opinion.

I don't really like vyvanse but I don't dislike it either and would gladly take it if given nothing else.
Dexedrine, Adderall and Vyvanse are all amphetamines while Focalin, Ritalin and Concerta are all methylphenidate.

Dexedrine is pure dextro-amphetamine while Adderall is a 3:1 mix of dextro and levo. The levo is the cause of most of the negitive side effects and I believe that the only reason it is even there is to deter people from taking high doses.
Focalin is just dextro-methylphenidate so it's basically what Dexedrine is to Adderall, except to Ritalin.

Because of Dexedrine is better, it is also more abusable, which maybe be a bad thing if you are that kind of person.

Desoxyn definitely sounds good on paper, but I know I'd go too far if I had a prescription and for that reason I think Dexedrine is the best stim period. I've been using amphetamines for a really long time and they've pretty much lost all the "magic," but really this is a good thing because I no longer use it to get high and instead use it the way it's suppose to be. Like how living in a beautiful area will lose it's magic but still is beautiful; the high and euphoria are still there, but they're kind of just in the background and the real purpose just become the focus enhancement.

yep precisely

MAKING THESWITCH

From DEXEDRINE to FOCALIN

What are your experiences Disliked or Approved with either medication? Preferability of, Costs, Availabilities, Dosing, Forms:*Generics *Brands *Manufacturer *Extended-release *Instant-release *Pro-drug How do they compare in effects negative & positive?
Effects if any, upon Individual:
*Physicality*Mentality*Personablity(Interpersonal/self)*Emotionality*Sociability(Intrapersonal/others)
Differences/Similarities between the two?
What have you felt are the most:
*Pros *Cons *Benefits *Uses *Disadvantages *Advantages *Side effects...