View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Adderall before DXM

nikxtc

Greenlighter
Okay, so, I had three major tests today, so I decided to buy some adderall from my friend, I took 50mg and did an amazing job on my tests. This was my first time ever using adderall. Today is Thursday and I am planning on taking 600mg of DXM on Saturday early in the morning. Should I not take DXM for the next two weeks because i took adderall once, or do you think I will be good to go on my Saturday trip because I have only taken it once. I understand that I probably sound like a complete novice at DXM, but that is because I am, I first tripped last saturday on 30pills of 15mg each, resulting in 450mg and I had an amazing trip. I am just afraid that this next trip will be bad due to the fact that I took the adderall. If you could help shine some light on this and relieve my stress I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Last edited:
so is that a yes, i will be fine for saturday, or a no i will not be fine for saturday?

alright, I didn't think it would, but I would rather be safe than sorry ;P

the dxm with make your adderall high seem more powerful. i forgot the exact term but read that somewhere

I wasnt taking te adderall to get high, I was doing it so I could stay focussed throughout my three tests :p

it doesn't matter why you took it, it's still in your body. and anyway it probably/definitely won't effect your dxm trip 2 days later so it's irrelevant.

I was fairly certain that taking DXM and MDMA together is fatal? Metabolized by the same enzyme?

^AFAIK that combo is especially not a good idea because of the SSRI effect that dxm can produce. I may be very wrong about this though.

yeah not a fun combo really.... kind of a "body load" that doesn't feel quite righht

Don't know if this was a factor but did take 30mg of adderall about 25 mins before I dosed DOC and I had a very strong trip with the most visual effect and mind fuc I had ever experienced. Had a robotic metallic sound in my brain with tubes and multi colored hoses coming out of my body..... I took DOC 4 times after that first trip and never got that same effect.

Don't see that it would interact. If did it the other way round you would have something to think about.

Also, yes MDMA + DXM could be very dangerous for a couple of reasons, primarily the SSRI affect of DXM. DXM also does some funky stuff to p450 enzymes and can thus affect the phase 1 metabolism of numerous drugs (CYP2D6, CYP3A4 and CYP2B6 all play a substantial part).