• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Adderal : Best Alternative

soundsystem00

Bluelighter
I'm a drug addict of 15 years. I've done every drug in every orpheus. I'm ready to settle down and get real. I've lost control of a lot of things and drugs have been a bit part of that. Anyways. I'm in the beautiful California and I came to get sober. I'm in one of the best free treatment programs that San Francisco has to offer. I have a doctor that I see and he's totally against any sort of benzo or stimulant. I was on adderal for 2 years. I decreased my meth use a great deal but I want to try a non stimulant.

I'm currently taking Wellbutrin 100mg once a day. It tickles that receptor that stimulants do. It's VERY encouraging for me to know that this MIGHT be the solution. But it leaves something feeling unsatisfied. I'm thinking that means I need to up the dose because I get this feeling in my chest that "more of this would be satisfying" and I'm good at listening to my body so hopefully this will be a solution.

Ive heard of Concerta. Is there anything else? Is vyvanse addictive? Would he consider that? Just wonderin what meds are best for coming off meth. I feel a lot of depression, a lot of unfulfilled dopamine-craving feelings and a lot of it is probably from having that adderal for so long and suddenly not having it. I've been off since September.

Also I take Depakote for mood swings.

SSRIs are off the table and so are SNRIs because I can't cum on them at all. And they have nasty withdrawals. Worse than stimulants. But maybe if I can't hit that spot with Wellbutrin then I'll try Cymbalta again. I liked that it worked right away. And it stimulated me and made me feel more talkative. Talkative is what I want. That and perky. I'm going for that only without the addictive potential and something a weary doctor would agree to.

Thank you in advance.

-soundsystem

Vyvanse is addictive yes, it’s another form of the “mixed amphetamine salts” type ADHD drugs.
My girlfriend has ADHD and her favorite drug for it is ‘Mydais’. It’s also a form of amphetamine salts but lasts longer. It is addictive. She said adderall had too bad a crash, vyvanse didn’t last long enough but Mydais is the best of the ADHD drugs.

I don’t think you’ll find anything quite as effective as Adderall without using a real stimulant like amphetamine. But it sounds like your an addict so you’ll need to find an alternative.

Vyvanse is addictive yes, it’s another form of the “mixed amphetamine salts” type ADHD drugs.
My girlfriend has ADHD and her favorite drug for it is ‘Mydais’. It’s also a form of amphetamine salts but lasts longer. It is addictive. She said adderall had too bad a crash, vyvanse didn’t last long enough but Mydais is the best of the ADHD drugs.

I don’t think you’ll find anything quite as effective as Adderall without using a real stimulant like amphetamine. But it sounds like your an addict so you’ll need to find an alternative.
Okay so if I recommend "Mydais" to my doctor he will probably say no? I really wish there was an alternative to stimulants but there's just not much available right now. I'd rather do adderal than meth, though. At least it lowers my meth use.

That being said, I really do want to find a way to tame this craving. I crave stimulants all the time and it drives me crazy.

Okay so if I recommend "Mydais" to my doctor he will probably say no? I really wish there was an alternative to stimulants but there's just not much available right now. I'd rather do adderal than meth, though. At least it lowers my meth use.

That being said, I really do want to find a way to tame this craving. I crave stimulants all the time and it drives me crazy.
You could try and say you’ve been given Mydais recently and it helped a lot. Or just find another doctor.
Sorry to hear about your cravings man…

You could try and say you’ve been given Mydais recently and it helped a lot. Or just find another doctor.
Sorry to hear about your cravings man…
Thank you for your help I really appreciate it. I guess I will try that.

Vyvanse is not a mixture of amphetamine salts. It is dextroamphetamine and lysine. It is a prodrug of dextroamphetamine that must be swallowed to cleave off the lysine and activate the dex.
Completely different from amphetamine salts in every way.

It is not mixed amphetamine salts. It has nothing to do with mixed amphetamine salts. Look it up.

Adderall XR has helped me get off meth. The effect is different than the immediate release pills.