• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ADD/ADHD Diagnosis - (dex)amphetamines.

zen-like indeed... :\

I was thinking something more along the lines of.... UTTERLY FRUSTRATING...

I wanna tweak off fuck all like everyone else, damnit!

but alas, my tweaking days are passed.

"I was 'dianosed at 31, but the Doc DID ask me to bring in early school reports."

^cheers for the info :)
i have my appointment next wednesday
but i wasn't told to bring school reports and such
just my medicare card and referral...

i wonder if i should take them, in case they want a follow up consultation where i bring reports and the like...?
hmmm..

i also dont know whether to take my mum into the consultation either
as i know she wants to be there for me, but she is pretty naive to these things and probably wouldnt like to admit that i have an illness of any kind
:\

so therefore her presence may be counterproductive in the process of diagnosis, if you get my meaning...
(if they actually like family being in there anyway, im not too certain?)
any advice guys?
cheers
:D

i seem to have a natural tolerance to most drugs
its really frustrating at times
and i dont know why this occurs :\
anyone else have this dilemma?

i wish i was more of a lightweight...
would definitely be a benefit to my wallet
haha

^^^^ yes and it's shithouse...

only drug that doesn't conform to this rule is GHB... not when someone spikes my drink with a good 6-7ml of the shit.... eurgh :( :( :(

even booze takes more than the average, for my height/build/gender, but I've put that down to genetics... lol... lots of pisspots in my family, thank god I'm not one... :)

haha fuuck, i hate it
i guess in some circumstances it can be a positive though...
for mental addiction, not being overwhelmed by a drug etc
(but i'd still prefer to be a lightweight) haha
;)

can anyone shed some light on my recent question?
thanks for the posts
:)

hey, saw this thread and thought i might add my experience.

I was diagnosed with ADD (no H) at 22, and prescribed dex. it certainly motivated me initially, and helped me get back into uni studies, but I found after a year and a bit, the motivating effects wore off, and it didn't really help that much, just sent me off on tangents, and I didn't get much more done than I would have otherwise. I stopped after about 2 years.

I'd definitely ask the doc if there were alternative non-stimulant medications (can't remember the names), less toxic, and less chance of psychological side-effects too. Otherwise, see how you go with dex, but i don't think it's something you'd want to be taking in the medium-long term.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the insight nauten

i will enquire about non-stimulant medications, but i see little value to them
from the studies that have been documented, not to mention the troubling long-term side effects

i found ritalin to be an extremely poor substitute for dexamphet.
as i have tried both (therapeutically and recreationally)
so i shall see what unfolds...

You'll get addicted in no time, when you first take amps you feel like a rockstar, prolonged daily use will make you loony.

Really? Is this true or just speculation? I don't wanna be loony

There is also vyvanse too. Won't this aleviate the problem of addiction because it is longer lasting and can't be abused?

I was diagnosed at 17 when I realized there was something different with me. It is never too late. I even told my doc about the drug use (alot of ganja) and he put it aside as self medicating however he will tell you to stop. The meds work well at a standard dose but if you have ADD and want to get a rush from them expect to take muuuuch more than others to get the desired effect (up to double from my experience).
Cheers hope the diagnoses was reached

Hello fellow ADHDers!

What dexamphetamine dosage are you guys prescribed?

What's the maximum dexamphetamine dosage a psychiatrist can prescribe here in Australia?

Hello fellow ADHDers!

What dexamphetamine dosage are you guys prescribed?

What's the maximum dexamphetamine dosage a psychiatrist can prescribe here in Australia?

I think maximum is around 10 tablets per day, 50mg. You could probably find someone who'd do more for special cases, but that's the ceiling dose usually.

I'd never take over 20mg a day. Did that for a while and it seemed good, but it doesn't last and actually noticed it making ADD symptoms far worse.

My dex hasn't been working so well lately...will be giving it a 6 month break and then reassess symptoms. I might not even need them anymore and I dislike the idea of taking a pill to make me 'normal'

I guess it's different for everyone :) top tips IME would be - use minimum effective dose, don't increase dose just because you don't 'feel' it - only increase after getting feedback from those around you on how they've noticed you to be lately (we're pretty crap assessing our own symptoms sometimes) Make sure your phychiatrist is testing you on a regular basis, working memory/coding, IQ test etc. Final tip would be take drug holidays whenever you can - for me that was every weekend and once every 3 months for a week.

Oh, how much am I prescibed :)? 20mg a day max, been doing 5mg four times a day (if I remember)

How much are you prescribed? Personally, if I were thinking about going up to 50mg a day I would make sure to try every other treatment beforehand - Strattera + the various formulations of ritalin. Strattera works awesome for some people.

I think maximum is around 10 tablets per day, 50mg. You could probably find someone who'd do more for special cases, but that's the ceiling dose usually.

I'd never take over 20mg a day. Did that for a while and it seemed good, but it doesn't last and actually noticed it making ADD symptoms far worse.

My dex hasn't been working so well lately...will be giving it a 6 month break and then reassess symptoms. I might not even need them anymore and I dislike the idea of taking a pill to make me 'normal'

I guess it's different for everyone :) top tips IME would be - use minimum effective dose, don't increase dose just because you don't 'feel' it - only increase after getting feedback from those around you on how they've noticed you to be lately (we're pretty crap assessing our own symptoms sometimes) Make sure your phychiatrist is testing you on a regular basis, working memory/coding, IQ test etc. Final tip would be take drug holidays whenever you can - for me that was every weekend and once every 3 months for a week.

Oh, how much am I prescibed :)? 20mg a day max, been doing 5mg four times a day (if I remember)

How much are you prescribed? Personally, if I were thinking about going up to 50mg a day I would make sure to try every other treatment beforehand - Strattera + the various formulations of ritalin. Strattera works awesome for some people.

Do you have a link online or a document which says the maximum dose of Dexamphetamine?

What times during the day do you take the 5mg four times a day?

I'm prescribed 20 mg 3 times a day, 60 mg a day total.

Dexamphetamine has really helped my life.

Do you have a link online or a document which says the maximum dose of Dexamphetamine?

What times during the day do you take the 5mg four times a day?

I'm prescribed 20 mg 3 times a day, 60 mg a day total.

Dexamphetamine has really helped my life.

I dose after I eat something. So 5mg after breakfast, 5mg late morning snack (usually some fruit), 5mg after lunch and 5mg after dinner if I need it.

Dosage should be titrated against the patient's need but should generally not exceed. 30mg dexamphetamine
http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/resources/publichealth/pharmaceutical/pdf/adhd_criteria_adult.pdf

That's what you'll generally get from Australian sources. I've heard of people being on 50mg from Aus but you're the highest I've heard of so far. It's great if it's helping your life :) It helped me out along with a lot of hard work, I'd probably be heavily on the meth or opiates if it wasn't for being prescribed it + seeing a good psychiatrist.

I've seen some pretty crazy high doses suggested on one US doctors website ages ago...I remember it being 90mg+ for adderall depending on body weight. But yeah, can't seem to find that anymore so assume it's been taken down.

On the side of the dexamphetamine sulfate bottles we get it says to take 5-10mg at morning and midday. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have getting anything higher than 60mg, I'd suggest taking a little break on weekends, or if you get too tired try cutting back on weekends at least - the more breaks you have the better it will work.

I dose after I eat something. So 5mg after breakfast, 5mg late morning snack (usually some fruit), 5mg after lunch and 5mg after dinner if I need it.

http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/resources/publichealth/pharmaceutical/pdf/adhd_criteria_adult.pdf

That's what you'll generally get from Australian sources. I've heard of people being on 50mg from Aus but you're the highest I've heard of so far. It's great if it's helping your life :) It helped me out along with a lot of hard work, I'd probably be heavily on the meth or opiates if it wasn't for being prescribed it + seeing a good psychiatrist.

I've seen some pretty crazy high doses suggested on one US doctors website ages ago...I remember it being 90mg+ for adderall depending on body weight. But yeah, can't seem to find that anymore so assume it's been taken down.

On the side of the dexamphetamine sulfate bottles we get it says to take 5-10mg at morning and midday. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have getting anything higher than 60mg, I'd suggest taking a little break on weekends, or if you get too tired try cutting back on weekends at least - the more breaks you have the better it will work.

I know someone who's on 15 mg 3 times a day, 45 mg a day total.

I take breaks during the weekend.

I reckon 60 mg is the optimum dose for me. I'm just worried I'm gonna get used to 60 mg long-term and it's gonna get cut down because the maximum is lower, hahaha!

but... if you actually did have ADHD you wouldn't have the same reaction to the dex. SWIM can fall asleep on Dex... or coke...

Funnily enough, the dosage indicated on the bottle (morning and midday) will cause a kind of rebound effect in the evening, not good for your mental state if you're add/adhd (or anyone else i guess). I find 3 dexies in the morning, 3 at midday, 2 at 5pm and 1 or 2 at 10pm work very well for me. If you are truly add/adhd then you will not be 'amped up' on the correct dosage, stimulants should calm the internal noise.
Im really too lazy to start an argument but why all the fuss about dexamphetamine? Check out the side effects. Now compare them to the so-called 'safer' non stimulant based prescription drugs. Doesn't add up does it? :)

When i was diagnosed my doc started me on 50mg per day. It has since been raised to 60mg per day. Some states (not mine) require the doc get a second opinion when prescribing over 50mg a day.

Im really too lazy to start an argument but why all the fuss about dexamphetamine? Check out the side effects. Now compare them to the so-called 'safer' non stimulant based prescription drugs. Doesn't add up does it? :)

It's all relative. Amphetamines can be just as nasty, if not more so than the other non-stimulants. Can't really judge safety of a drug on how long its side effect list is.

When i was diagnosed my doc started me on 50mg per day. It has since been raised to 60mg per day. Some states (not mine) require the doc get a second opinion when prescribing over 50mg a day.

Jesus christ....50mg of dexamphetamine as a starting dose? Did your doctor prescribe you that much because you were using meth and already had a tolerance? Trying not to judge here but that seems fucking astronomical.

Second opinions might be a hassle but they're so useful.