• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Acute Withdrawal from Tilidin

mr nobody

Greenlighter
At first sorry for my english. I hope you understand it.
10 days ago I stopped with Tilidin because I want to be free and not a slave of this chemical. I took it 5 years every day and not more as 400mg. Most I took 200mg in a day.
But I took Kratom in these 5 years too. But with pause of maximal 6 weeks.

Today is my 10 days without Opioids and I have big problems with RLS. I've fear that it never go away. My legs hurts from RLS. My sleep is bad but with gabapentin I can sleep with hours without RLS.

But it's not only RLS.
I have diarrhea - often in the morning -
And it's cold for me - in the morning too -
Rapid hearbeat - in the morning too -

But RLS is the worst. 10 days without Opioids and I have acute withdrawals from such a ''mild'' Opioid like Tilidin ?

Please help or answer

Your WDing from the kratom also? If so that's what's probably causing most of your symptoms, I have never went through kratom WD but from what I've heard it's pretty nasty & almost seems like a cross between opioid & ssri WD. With kratom your hitting a ton of different receptors in your brain, not just the opiate receptors. So that coupled with your tilidine habit seems more than enough to cause a serious opiate WD IMO. That's not including any "other than opiate" WD symptoms kratom may produce.

Thanks for your answer
It's possible but I not believe it's a Kratom WD because my last Kratom dose was 11.05.14 at night and before that my last Kratom dose 07.05.14 at night. And before that my last Kratom dose was 15.04.14. Also 4 weeks without kratom between 15.04.14 and 07.05.14.

I mean how can it be a Kratom WD ? I think it's a Tilidine WD but it's unbelievable because it's so long and hard (RLS)

I wrote it all in my book. When was the last Tilidine and Kratom dose and how much. From february till 11.05.14

You can use kratom to help with stopping the Tilidine. Lots of people use it to help with withdrawals from all kinds of drugs, prescribed or not. Kratom withdrawal is no worse than caffeine withdrawal if there is any at all. I don't think Rob27shred read your post very well. I've used gabapentin for RLS too but it doesn't work very well and I had to increase the dose a lot to keep it away. I know so many people who used kratom to stop other drugs and it worked very well.

Kratom withdrawal is no worse than caffeine withdrawal if there is any.
That's hilarious, spend a lot of time on those kratom forums huh? While I personally don't find kratom withdrawal as terrible as how other opioid withdrawals are described, you're gonna be in for a world of surprise if/when you become dependant. Kratom withdrawal is way worse than caffeine withdrawal, and very much opioid like in nature. No mu agonist comes without opioid withdrawal, kratom is no exception to this. I suggest you do a bit of digging through unbiased reports of kratom withdrawal before making these claims on a harm-reduction board.

These people saying that "kratom withdrawal is comparable to coffee withdrawal" think they're doing good to keep the plant legal, but in reality it's this false information that is going to cause these inexperienced users to run to the emergency room when they realize that they are sweaty, anxious, and restless when they don't have anymore kratom. These are the words of a long term kratom addict. You don't need to take my word for it though, a google search will show you that what you're saying is not true at all.

Edit:
Your WDing from the kratom also? If so that's what's probably causing most of your symptoms, I have never went through kratom WD but from what I've heard it's pretty nasty & almost seems like a cross between opioid & ssri WD. With kratom your hitting a ton of different receptors in your brain, not just the opiate receptors. So that coupled with your tilidine habit seems more than enough to cause a serious opiate WD IMO. That's not including any "other than opiate" WD symptoms kratom may produce.

At the same this isn't exactly true either. For the grand majority kratom withdrawal is regarded as being a lot easier than withdrawal from traditional opioids. Some (usually those with past addictions to stronger opioids) find kratom withdrawal just as bad as other opioids, rarely even worse, but even then kratom withdrawal is nothing like SSRI withdrawal.

Not surprising being that kratom is neither an SSRI nor an SNRI. Kratom withdrawal is very short lasting and typically consists of your standard array of opioid withdrawal symptoms, though typically milder and with much less focus on GI symptoms and a lot of restlessness, anxiety/depression, and sweats. Ymmv though of course, there seems to be two sides of the spectrum with kratom withdrawal.

Last edited:
An opiate addiction is an opiate addiction. Even if your doses weren't that high. Five years is a long time, more than long enough for your body to get very used to a substance. I think it's normal that 10 days later you're still having the symptoms you're describing. It'll most likely take about a month for you to feel somewhat normal again. Don't get discouraged, just remind yourself, this is temporary and soon you'll be free from being a slave to this chemical. Exercise and eat healthy. If you don't like exercising, just go for a walk in the evening. Vitamin B12 helps me VERY much during opiate withdrawals.

Stay away from Kratom, it will only prolong your opiate withdrawals.

EDIT: I can't believe there are people still claiming that there's no withdrawal from Kratom.

You can use kratom to help with stopping the Tilidine. Lots of people use it to help with withdrawals from all kinds of drugs, prescribed or not. Kratom withdrawal is no worse than caffeine withdrawal if there is any at all. I don't think Rob27shred read your post very well. I've used gabapentin for RLS too but it doesn't work very well and I had to increase the dose a lot to keep it away. I know so many people who used kratom to stop other drugs and it worked very well.

Bullshit Kratom withdrawal is just as bad as withdrawing from any other opiate . With using 30 grams of kratom a day for over 6 months and stopping I had bad RLS with every other typical opiate withdrawal symptom for a couple weeks. I just was using kratom to prove like I thought I would that I would withdrawal from it to. Considering science has proven that anything that hits the Opiate mu receptor for a long period of time will cause Withdrawals symptoms . Kratom has many alkaloids that hit the MU Receptor . I advise anyone that thinks kratom is innocent to think otherwise . Trust me . I am now back using my typical 540mg aday of Oxycodone. If you truly want to quit your opiate of choice I think bupe or methadone would be a better choice under a doctors supervision .

I am not the one that wants kratom illegal ,and I am not dogging it ;because I do like it ,but I don't like all the lies I see saying kratom has no withdrawals . That is BS . It is by far worse then Caffeine withdrawal which the only withdrawal symptom is a headache. If all a opiate withdrawal had in store for me was a headache I would stop ,and start all the time .

《Plasticity》;13055388 said:
That's hilarious, spend a lot of time on those kratom forums huh? While I personally don't find kratom withdrawal as terrible as how other opioid withdrawals are described, you're gonna be in for a world of surprise if/when you become dependant. Kratom withdrawal is way worse than caffeine withdrawal, and very much opioid like in nature. No mu agonist comes without opioid withdrawal, kratom is no exception to this. I suggest you do a bit of digging through unbiased reports of kratom withdrawal before making these claims on a harm-reduction board.

Amen brother. Kratom withdrawals are or where just as bad as oxycodone . I hate all the miss leading info causing people to start kratom thinking there want be any consequences . In the long run miss leading info will cause it to get banned with all the ER visits . Kratom addicts are only hurting there self . Hell I am smart with my opiate use I didn't even go to the ER when I stopped use of 3 Gram a day of herion habit for 7 days ;because I knew that Opiate withdrawal while being extremely horrible will not kill me . People that know nothing about opiates are the ones running to the ER ,and thats what the miss leading info on kratom is causing .

Last edited:
An opiate addiction is an opiate addiction. Even if your doses weren't that high. Five years is a long time, more than long enough for your body to get very used to a substance. I think it's normal that 10 days later you're still having the symptoms you're describing. It'll most likely take about a month for you to feel somewhat normal again. Don't get discouraged, just remind yourself, this is temporary and soon you'll be free from being a slave to this chemical. Exercise and eat healthy. If you don't like exercising, just go for a walk in the evening. Vitamin B12 helps me VERY much during opiate withdrawals.

Stay away from Kratom, it will only prolong your opiate withdrawals.

EDIT: I can't believe there are people still claiming that there's no withdrawal from Kratom.

^ This is very true if you really want to quit stay away from kratom . Go to a doc ,and get bupe or methadone ,and use it right under the doctors supervision .

I'll differ to your experience here Plasticity. I have never used kratom personally, so you got me on this subject. I have heard from a few people that while the kratom WD does predominantly feel just like any other opiate WD, it also has some extra effects they have never experienced with classical okay WD that more mimicked s

I'll differ to your experience here Plasticity. I have never used kratom personally, so you got me on this subject. I have heard from a few people that while the kratom WD does predominantly feel just like any other opiate WD, it also has some extra effects they have never experienced with classical okay WD that more mimicked s

Yes kratom effects many other receptors in the brain other then the MU receptor ,and me personally felt it hurts more then quiting Oxycodone at 540mg a day . I think Kratom is on par with quiting a huge tremadol habit which is known to be worse then Oxycodone .

IMO, Kratom withdrawal has every classic opiate withdrawal symptom, plus crazy restlessness. I'm not talking about RLS, I'm talking about mental restlessness. Which traditional opiate withdrawals do make me restless but Kratom WD restlessness makes want to tie my torso with rope to contain the feeling of being a minute away from exploding.

IMO, Kratom withdrawal has every classic opiate withdrawal symptom, plus crazy restlessness. I'm not talking about RLS, I'm talking about mental restlessness. Which traditional opiate withdrawals do make me restless but Kratom WD restlessness makes want to tie my torso with rope to contain the feeling of being a minute away from exploding.

^Listen to this man ! Very true man! I am glad some folks are glad to admit to the truth about kratom .

I agree with everyone regarding Kratom. I got plenty experience with Tilidin and the acute WDs should generally be over after ~1 week but you were taking it for a long time and so the symptoms are prolonged including the PAWS. Gabapentin is pretty helpful especially for short acting lower potent opioids but I suggest physical exercise even if its hard to get started you will feel much better during and after doing sports.
You are through the worst part and it will get better every day from now on. Also you got the attitude, you want to quit which is one of the most important aspects. Keep on and good luck.

€: If you are german and have more detalied questions feel free to PM me.

Same here. This withdraw is a little intense but mild in general. I agree with Zerwas, Gabapentin could help you a lot and sports in general will make your endorphin and different hormones go back to their natural stage.
Good luck!
Erik.

Ok, first of all kratom isn't an opiate so it's not like "any other opiate". And I am in contact with hundreds of people who are taking it and not a single one has experienced major withdrawal symptoms. Instead they are using it to withdraw off not only heroin and pain pills but methadone and suboxone. I see testimonials from people who use it to get clean about every day. If you want to change my mind on this show me, don't tell me to Google it. Even on Google the only negative info on withdrawal comes from commercial companies that make money off of drug dependence and are full of misinformation.

Also addiction doesn't come from prolonged use of any drug or from huge doses. Actual numbers show addiction in about 4% of the population but it's exaggerated quite a bit on a regular basis. If you have a propensity towards addiction it can happen from a single or a low dose and if you don't have it taking a lot won't make it happen.

The only thing I've been addicted to in my entire life has been cigarettes and I've taken a lot of drugs that others do get addicted to. I am fortunate in that way but so is most of the population. This is based on real numbers, not feelings or what I heard. I'm open to hearing about worse withdrawals. I'm not open to attitudes and condescending comments.

Ok, first of all kratom isn't an opiate so it's not like "any other opiate". And I am in contact with hundreds of people who are taking it and not a single one has experienced major withdrawal symptoms. Instead they are using it to withdraw off not only heroin and pain pills but methadone and suboxone. I see testimonials from people who use it to get clean about every day. If you want to change my mind on this show me, don't tell me to Google it. Even on Google the only negative info on withdrawal comes from commercial companies that make money off of drug dependence and are full of misinformation.

Also addiction doesn't come from prolonged use of any drug or from huge doses. Actual numbers show addiction in about 4% of the population but it's exaggerated quite a bit on a regular basis. If you have a propensity towards addiction it can happen from a single or a low dose and if you don't have it taking a lot won't make it happen.

The only thing I've been addicted to in my entire life has been cigarettes and I've taken a lot of drugs that others do get addicted to. I am fortunate in that way but so is most of the population. This is based on real numbers, not feelings or what I heard. I'm open to hearing about worse withdrawals. I'm not open to attitudes and condescending comments.

Man all I have to say is anyone who truly wants off opiates ,and is using kratom to get of other opiates/opioids will tell you if there honest when they quit the kratom that the withdrawal is more harsh then caffeine ,and very similar to any opioid or opiate . Technically speaking the alkaloids in the kratom plant are more so related to a opioid then a opiate . Opiates being synthetic/simi synthetic and a opioid being natural . You could use bupe or methadone also to get off any other opiate and taper down off of those ,and I believe bupe or Methadone to be a bit easier to taper from then kratom considering I know the exact amount of opiate I am getting . With kratom its alkaloids you need varies so widely from plant to plant making it harder to know the amount of alkaloids your getting . I am not against kratom ,and use it sometimes for what I call a opiate buzz I get resembling a buzz from Oxycodone . Sad thing is its not going to be long before the feds step in and schedule it .

You don't sound very smart, nor are you willing to read unbiased sources with a simple google search so I won't even waste my time. Kratom is a mu agonist though, so it is an opioid fyi. Have fun with the withdrawal that's heading your way as you're gonna be in for a real surprise :). You should really stay off those kratom forums if you want truthful info though... I absolutely love kratom and all that it's done for me and even to me seeing the outright denial of any negatives caused by the plant is pretty disgusting, one big circle jerk of denial going on in those boards. As if kratom is some sort of non-addictive mu agonist. Shame really, I'd love to be able to chat with other kratom users on a board dedicated solely to the plant.

Kratom does contain other alkaloids, primarily adrenergic alkaloids and a couple mu agonists (along with some other alkaloids that would produce no recreational effect and wouldn't carry any withdrawal syndrome like weak calcium channel blockers and antioxidants for example). I don't doubt the noradrenergic alkaloids may amplify the fatigue and depression, perhaps even cause a few symptoms not normally seen with traditional opioids, there are however no SSRI alkaloids in kratom whatsoever and the withdrawal resembles nothing similar to the withdrawal of SSRI's. I think it's important to note people can get by just fine taking something like hydrocodone and not feel any sort of residual withdrawal symptoms from kratom, leading me to believe it is the mu agonists causing most if not all of the withdrawal symptoms.

I doubt these people saying that it resembles SSRI withdrawal have even been through SSRI withdrawal and are instead using it as a loose comparison for a couple symptoms they're not used to. There are no brain zaps, there are no SSRI style tremors, and the withdrawal rarely goes past two weeks... typically around 10 days. If you have been, or know someone who has been through SSRI withdrawal you would know that the withdrawal from SSRI's last many months. Kratom withdrawal symptoms are just like opioid withdrawal, only with a ton of restlessness. I would be willing to attribute the severe restlessness to the ultra short half life... short acting opioids typically produce the worst acute withdrawals, though they're short lasting.

Just to add, you'll notice a trend as well, those with no history of opioid abuse seem to have a much easier time kicking kratom than those who have had addictions in the past, as prior withdrawal seems to carry over (which can be sometimes be seen in those using kratom to kick other opioids). For me kratom withdrawal is pretty moderate, I've never had any cramps, nausea, vomiting, or even diarrhea for that matter... even after a 5 year addiction, just a lot of restlessness, anxiety/depression, chills, and sweats for about 7 days. I get less withdrawal symptoms from kratom than people suffering from other opioid withdrawals do. It wasn't until I started dabbling in stronger opioids along with kratom that I saw the clear spike in withdrawal intensity and addition of mild gastrointestinal issues. Most of those complaining of devastating withdrawal with full on GI symptoms (sans maybe loose stools and mild cramps) are almost always ex-addicts and with a bit of reading you can find anecdote supporting this. Don't get it twisted though, it is very much opioid withdrawal and far from pleasant.

Last edited:

Your saying all this to someone who's old handle was captain kratom. I'm willing to say no one on this site knows more about this single plant than him. Not dick riding, just saying.

As flattered as I am, I'm positive there's people on this site who know more about kratom than me. However I would be lying if I said I have't spent absurd amounts of time researching kratom. (Like unnecessary amounts of time :p)