• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Actually intoxicating herbs/plants?

di456

Greenlighter
First, I’ll list the ones I’ve tried and the ones I’m interested in. I’m not looking into cannabis or hemp isolates, so don’t even start there.

WORKED

1. Kava: I love this drink. I make it with the root and it is pretty good.

2.Kratom: this is pretty good. I don’t enjoy it as much as kava though.

3.kanna: another one I love. My only complaint is that I wish the beginning buzz lasted longer than 25 minutes. Helps with depression though!

4.Skullcap: ehh this one is ok, it’s more for relaxation though, no real noticeable effects

DID NOT WORK

1. Wild lettuce: this had no effect on me at all

2. Valerian: some effects, but mostly just sleepiness

3. Chamomile: same with this one

4. Mulungu: maybe had small effects, but the preparation took way too long for the reward

5. Mothetwort, mugwort, lemon balm, passionflower: pretty much no effect with any of these unless combined with other herbs

THINGS IM INTERESTED IN

1. Fly agaric: this one sounds fun, but I’m looking more for something I can take a couple nights a week. Maybe microdosing to feel a small “high”?

2. Sinichui: it sounds like one of those herbs everyone recommends but in reality does nothing. Still open to it though

3. Harmaline, harmala, THH: I’ve seen mixed responses on this one, interested in it though

So any recommendations or anything to say about the ones I’m interested in?

Note: like I said, looking for things I can do a few times a week, so please don’t recommend things like morning glory or dmt type plants or mescaline cacti.

Try Salvia sclarea essential oil, I guarantee you’ll feel it. It’ll put you right to sleep though.

-GC

Apparently cat nip has psychoactive effects, a couple of people I know consumed it out of curiosity and I guess there's something to it. Idk if it's any good but that's all I can think of that wasn't on your list already.

Just be careful with some of these, they can be potentially damaging to organs. And even if they aren't known to damage the body, the long and short term effects aren't exactly carved in stone.

Try Salvia sclarea essential oil, I guarantee you’ll feel it. It’ll put you right to sleep though.

-GC
So do I take it sublingually? And how do I know which one is safe to consume

Orally. I put one drop into a spoon then fill the spoon with honey. Then once consumed I’ll add a bit more honey to the spoon to get the residuals as well as chase the intense herby flavor.

I went with one that while it didn’t explicitly say it was ok to take orally, it has nothing saying not to and also says “safe for children” which often is in relation to whether something is toxic when eaten or not.

-GC

-GC
Very hard to find any info on that one.

Is it GAGA-ergic or working through some other mechanisme?
Remind's me of Mulungu how you describe it.

Very hard to find any info on that one.

Is it GAGA-ergic or working through some other mechanisme?
Remind's me of Mulungu how you describe it.

Here’s one of the better papers..

You know they say most of the effects come from the linalool and linalyl acetate which the bulk do, but having had lavender oil in many forms I believe there’s another component at play.

Essentially it’s a very potent sleep medication that has what feels like a psychedelic/ketamine like afterglow to it which lasts for 1-2 days. In fact when I take it, I have to make sure I’m for sure about to go to sleep with no distractions. Any noises or lights or anything while I’m trying to sleep on it is highly aggravating.

-GC

Papaver Somniferum - the best.

I wouldn't do it more than biweekly or you will get dependent. Probably harder of a drug than it sounds like u want.

Blue lotus is weak for a recreational drug but strong for an herb. I've been high enough on it to be laughing my ass off like on cannabis. It reminds me somewhat of being stoned, but the headspace feels more distant and quiet as opposed to more active in the way cannabis makes it.

Fly agaric: this one sounds fun, but I’m looking more for something I can take a couple nights a week. Maybe microdosing to feel a small “high”?

It's not really a great one for low dosages in my experience. It feels more like a sedative depressant than a euphoric depressant. Higher dosages are a different matter, but they're also hallucinogenic.

Apparently cat nip has psychoactive effects, a couple of people I know consumed it out of curiosity and I guess there's something to it.

I've smoked a lot of catnip and the buzz has never been more definite than a potential placebo. At most it is maybe very slightly relaxing for a very short time.

Here’s one of the better papers..

You know they say most of the effects come from the linalool and linalyl acetate which the bulk do, but having had lavender oil in many forms I believe there’s another component at play.

Essentially it’s a very potent sleep medication that has what feels like a psychedelic/ketamine like afterglow to it which lasts for 1-2 days. In fact when I take it, I have to make sure I’m for sure about to go to sleep with no distractions. Any noises or lights or anything while I’m trying to sleep on it is highly aggravating.

-GC
Any dosage info known about it, it seems promising.

Any dosage info known about it, it seems promising.

I’ve just taken it in drop form. 1 drop is a decent dose (probably about 50mg give or take) 2 drops is pretty damn strong. I prefer 1 drop. You should try it so someone besides me can actually say it’s active.

-GC