Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Acid on the beach

Lackasham

Bluelighter
LSD/4 hits-nteenth trip-Acid on the beach

This is my first ever trip report so bear with me. I am fairly experienced with lower doses of LSD but this is my largest dose to date.

Just recently I was at Hangout Festival on the Alabama coastline. I had brought 5 hits of good quality LSD to the festival, expecting to take 4 of the doses for my favorite musician, Chance the Rapper. The other hit I was planning to give to my friend S.

I had never been to a music festival before but I figured it would make for a great trip. I would spend the entire week prior to my trip relaxing on the beach with all of my friends and then trip in a setting filled with good vibes. But after the first day of the festival (Chance played on day 2) I was skeptical of dosing at the concert because there were so many people there. But after talking it over with S we decided to do it anyway.

The day I was really waiting for had finally arrived but unfortunately we learned in the morning that Chance the Rapper was sick and would not perform that night. This news was quite discouraging but luckily Pretty Lights was also playing that night so we stuck with the plan.

(T-0:00) we took our tabs at 7:15. Pretty Lights performed at 9:30 so this gave us plenty of time to get into our trip before the show. In the meantime we watched Fitz and the Tantrums perform

(T-0:45) I start to feel a tingle running through my body and my energy definitely picks up along with my mood. I remember thinking about how beautiful of an evening it was. Lights started to brighten. The band performing had a large LED heart on stage that really began to intrigue me as the colors would flash and move in patterns.

(T-1:15) at this point we have moved to the venue of the show we were waiting for. I am really starting to trip hard, harder than I ever had and I knew I was in for much more. This frightened me. I started to become paranoid as a man walked through the crowd asking everyone around him if they had any Lucy. Then suddenly one of my friends who was sober told me "your pupils are huge man!" This scared me a lot. We had been warned about DEA agents trying to bust people at these things. What if he was DEA. He had to have known. The ground was shifting in patterns warping at such a fast pace. What had I gotten myself into. "I don't think I'm ready for this" I thought to myself. My thoughts were rushing so fast and I was getting anxious for the show up start. I check my phone to see how much time had passed..3 minutes. It had felt like 30 my sense of time was completely shattered. I knew I was in for a long ride.

(T-1:30) I was beginning to get very claustrophobic as people packed into the venue. I needed some open space. Luckily another friend from the group needed to go to the restroom. As soon as she mentioned it I quickly said I would go with. As did S. Our friend was scared to push through the people so she told me to lead. I found this very odd because I didn't really know where to go. I was very lost as I always get on acid and for some reason I felt as if she should have sensed my lack of direction as well. After making it out of the crowd of people we made our way to the restrooms. Being out in open space I began to feel much better. A million times better actually a huge rush of euphoria hit me like a wave and I was determined to ride it all night. Right in front of the ones we were at was a large Ferris wheel complete with lights all over it. S and I sat at a bench in front of the restrooms to admire it. S began handing out stickers to everyone that passed. This was very funny to me as I began laughing hysterically. A man sitting at the bench clearly knew we were under the influence as he was hesitant to take a sticker "I'm not gonna be laughing like that guy from this am I?" This brought down my mood for a brief moment. For some reason it hurt my feelings. But this lasted momentarily and I was soon back to my euphoric state. Soon after our friend was done in the restroom and we headed back.

(T-2:15) we had been split up from the rest of our friends and with the show about to start there was no way to reunite. Texting them this was extremely difficult, I couldn't make out what the letters were at all, and S and I shared a long moment of laughter over what I was typing. This laughter had a very deep sentiment to it as S and I were very close friends and I had not seen her in nearly a year prior to this week. I felt as if this laughter was a endless moment. Not necessarily the laughing but the bond we had was palpable at that moment I could feel it and it felt infinite. This was a mutual feeling. I began to explain it to her and she stopped me and nodded her head.

After this the show began. It started with the infamous line from the Beastie Boys "you gotta fight for your right to party!" Soon after the most amazing light display I had ever seen began. Pretty Lights sure lived up to it's name. The music was funky and I think it sounded great but it would better be described as feeling great. I could feel the music more than hear it. This was the oddest sensation. Then everything became focused on my sense of touch. I was dancing and could feel every little thing pressing, brushing, or bumping me. I felt as if I was in a giant sea of energy. Colors were brightened but I had no visuals at this point it was if my entire trip had been switched to one sense. Everything that touched me felt incredible and I was having the best time letting the energy from the sea of people fuel my dancing. I have no clue if what I was doing looked good but it felt good and that was all that mattered. And everyone was having a good time. It was like a giant party and this only increased the good vibes I was getting.

(T-3:15) we had decided before hand that to beat the rush of everyone trying to leave, we would leave early. This was a problem though as we were split from our other friends. I was trying to convince them to stay as I was having the best time but as soon as I sent the message they randomly found us on the way out. This blew my mind. The odds of them finding us like that were incredibly slim but it happened. For a reason I decided so I didn't try to convince them anymore. As we were leaving my friend saw my message and was upset as well because he wanted to stay too! After getting out of the concert my visuals greatly intensified. My vision was warped into a kaleidoscope and it was if the ground had risen above me on both sides creating a valley that would wind in whatever path I chose. We boarded the shuttle and we were dropped off at a grocery mart at which we waited to be picked up by S parents. During this time a man stopped and began talking to us. He told us about God and I saw this as a sign. I have been receiving many lately but this one hit the hardest. This man was broke and lived on the beach he told us, yet he still had hope. This gave me joy. After some time though I began to get nervous. He was being very loud and was drunk and there were policeman sitting on the deck near by. Luckily at that moment we got picked up and went back to our beach house.

(T-4:30) S and I sat out on the balcony of the beach house. She told me about a strange experience she had when we had returned to the house. She had gotten lost in her room trying to put her shorts on. I wasn't sure before this point how hard she had been tripping as drugs tend to affect her differently than most people but now I knew she was tripping pretty hard. She told me she was having a great time which really made me happy. As we were talking I was looking out at the landscape. It looked like a painting. So much so I didn't think it was real. I thought it was just a painting fastened to the balcony. I had a strange feeling that an amazing world was on the other side and all I had to do was break through the painting. I had a thought to jump off of the balcony into this strange world but I quickly decided that was a bad idea. This then got me down a series of thoughts that to an extent solidified my beliefs. There was a strange and wonderful world waiting for me off of that balcony. That being life after death. But I knew it wasn't my time then.

After talking a bit longer we went to the beach. The sound of the waves and the stars in the sky were so soothing to me. But for some reason S constantly needed music. This upset me for a second as I liked the natural sounds but I soon got over it. Being sad about Chance not performing we listened to Acid Rap completely through. And there on that beach I learned to really dance for the first time in my life. We danced for what seemed like forever. This was euphoria at it's peak. I had never been happier. We then proceeded back to the house.

(T-7:00) S and I listened to music and talked on the balcony until morning. I decided to try and get some rest before the last day of the festival

(T-12:00) My experience is usually finished by this point but I was still seeing visuals (usually these are gone by T-7:00) and laying in bed finally away from everything I experienced the most pleasant auditory hallucinations. They lulled me to sleep and I woke up with a beautiful afterglow.

Overall it was a very fun experience. Not quite as deep or introspective as I was expecting or had experienced before but I think that has to do with setting. I want to try a similar dose in a slightly less relaxed environment and see where that takes me

Last edited: