• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

acid makes my boyfriend sick.

well, now that you mention it, most of our trips have either been outside, or naked inside. that's probably it. but i usually ALWAYS have the flu, but after i take it i feel fine for a few days. weird :/

You = Sick

You + Boyfriend + Tripping + probable fucking and otherwise fluid exchange = Boyfriend getting whatever it is you have

Next day you feel better (because who doesn't after a trip) and your boyfriend is down in the dumps because you infected him.

Now I'm no genius, but that's my theory. It would seem to me that all parties involved are wayyy over-thinking this.

^ no, it's definitely lsd.

What makes you think you "definetly" got LSD?

I have never heard of anyone getting sick from REAL LSD. As a matter of fact LSD is probably the easiest drug on the body and mind.

The only time I've ever felt "flu-like" was from bunk LSD.

Don't assume what you got was LSD just because someone said it was. There are hundreds(and probably more) of people getting sold bunk LSD every day!

Me thinks you got a DOx or AMT. Both of these types of research chemicals give lots of shitty symptoms that have nothing to do with a "trip".

That's really weird. Never heard of that. It sounds like a coincidence... a really weird one. Does your boyfriend normally get sick a lot? Does he normally get the flu a lot?

Syncronicity. ;)

i think i doctor drew'd it - you guys got high and naked and went outside all night.. case closed.. this myth is busted..! ;)

"the hallucinogenic experience is so striking that many subsequent disturbances may be attributed to it without further justification. the highly suggestible or hysterical individual would tend to focus on his lsd experience to explain subsequent illness.

patients have complained to abramson that their lsd exposure produced migraine headaches and attacks of influenza up to a year later. One chinese girl became paraplegic and ascribed that catastrophe to lsd. It so happened that these people were all in the control group and had received nothing but tap water."
:| .

I honestly don't think you got sold any fake blotter. Teo: honestly, dude, all of y'all just need to get in the right circles and associate with the right kind of people. I've never had fake acid, and tis always amazing quality. I've seen fake doses sold once, otherwise its really not as plausable as you think for it to be something else.

i'd like to add to this thread since extensive googling led me here. my husband and i received some very bitter blotters a few weeks ago and decided to try them out the other night. i had taken a combination of very strong, clean sheet acid and the blotter, and he took strictly the blotter. now, i haven't seen real lsd around since 2005, so whatever shit i get these days i take with a grain of salt. i know it's not the real deal, although the sheet hit i took came pretty close. you're just not going to find good stuff in the US these days and the kids selling them have no real idea of what the good stuff is.

case in point- my husband is currently dealing with flu-like symptoms after taking his dose. i'm fine.

- he spent most of the trip naked. i didn't.
- it was around 71-73 degrees in our house. ice cave in the summer. that's how i roll.
- he hasn't been eating properly due to recovering from a long history of alcoholism and being on medications for depression. i take meds for it too, but again, i'm good. i eat healthy.
- he was severely dehydrated the next day, even though we kept drinking water all night.
- he sweats A LOT. just in general, he's a sweaty motherfucker. i don't sweat nearly half as much on an average day as he does, but my job [delivery] is profoundly slacker than his [labor].
- when he was coming down, he was babbling incoherent shit, sweating profusely, shaking, twitching, and very, very cold. this was worrysome as he said he'd never dealt with these symptoms before.
- he fell asleep way sooner than i did and sweat out the entire bed. i've never seen so much sweat in my life. it was intense.
- the next day, his lower back was in severe pain. he slept most of the day and was cold. today he had to call out of work.
- we're both in our early 30's. he took around 15 hits of really weak shit, i took about 7-8 and had a great time.
- the blotters were intensely bitter. i've never tasted blotter that disgusting before. it's super dirty crap. i can't believe this is what kids are reduced to these days. do they even know what it's supposed to feel like?
- i had a very visual-heavy and overall freeing trip. his was all hallucinatory/delusional and incoherent. there were moments where we synced up.

i hope this information helps anyone looking around as much as i did. obviously, my husband is in poor health at this time in his life, and kind of a dingus, but i'm helping him work on it slowly. he's a good man and not a pussy like everyone so rudely chased off OP of this thread. so anyways, there you have it. flu-like symptoms after taking acid.

Bitter blotters are almost surely NBOMes these days... used to be they were 5-MeO-AMT or DOB/DOC/DOI. It would be better if they still were, though best of course if they were real LSD. Your description of the effects strongly suggest an NBOMe, and the bitterness means it definitely, for sure was not real LSD... so what you took was not acid. It was just represented as acid.

FYI, if it was indeed NBOMe, as it almost surely was, then he's lucky to be alive, having taken 15 hits (if I am reading that correctly, and all of them this new blotter). People have died from 2 blotters of it... as I said they're usually dosed ridiculously high, to the point that 1 blotter is a strong hit. And they can raise body temperature which matches what you described about your husband's symptoms. I would pitch the rest of these new blotters, or else experiment with low dosages and work up. Many people report enjoying NBOMes, and they can be safe(ish) to use in appropriate dosages, but 15 blotters... seriously, be thankful nothing bad happened besides a frightening time.

Most likely your "sheet acid" is really LSD, especially if it's not bitter. Especially since you had a nice trip from 7-8. Most fake LSD is laid with substances where higher dosages are not nearly as forgiving as LSD is at higher dosages.

And real LSD can be found in the US, for sure, plenty of it is here, though not anywhere like it was in the 90s. It's all about who you know. Unfortunately your average dealer is now into obtaining the (easily obtainable and cheap) NBOMe substances, which are highly visual and powerful and so can fool people into thinking they're LSD, and laying them on blotter to pass them off as LSD. These substances are dangerous and unpredictable, and usually dosed insanely high on each blotter. They are also known to cause a variety of physical side-effects that LSD generally does not.

Last edited:
- he took around 15 hits of really weak shit, i took about 7-8 and had a great time.
- the blotters were intensely bitter. i've never tasted blotter that disgusting before. it's super dirty crap. i can't believe this is what kids are reduced to these days. do they even know what it's supposed to feel like?

I hate to always be the jerk when reading a thread like this but here it goes....

your husband took, and you allowed him to take 15 hits of a bitter blotter (nbome or dox)? You either A) take massive amounts of drugs without researching anything at all about drugs, nor having any real knowledge other than "years of experience scrambling your battered brain" B) are suicidal C) are fifteen and not thirty

do some research on drugs (joining this site like you have is a good start) before you continue to almost kill yourselves, by your post it is obvious that neither of you have any idea what you are doing or what you are taking. You may be in your thirties, im surprised you made it this far using drugs in this manner.

i hope this information helps anyone looking around as much as i did. obviously, my husband is in poor health at this time in his life, and kind of a dingus, but i'm helping him work on it slowly. he's a good man and not a pussy like everyone so rudely chased off OP of this thread. so anyways, there you have it. flu-like symptoms after taking acid.

Hi there, and welcome :) Good contribution there, but I have to refute your last statement- of course we cannot know, but everything you have described suggests that you guys did not take LSD/acid. I would suggest that a combination of 25x-nBOME and general poor health could be the main causal factor behind your husbands experience.

I hope he is feeling better :)

Regarding this thread in general, I feel that we are mistakenly using the colloquialism "flu" (which is a contraction of the very sickening influenza virus) as shorthand for "common cold". There is no physiological reason for LSD to somehow infect users with the flu- or with a cold for that matter, but a weakened immune system after being fucked on drugs all night does make some sort of sense...

every time me and my boyfriend do acid, the next day he always gets the flu. we've done it 4-5 times and its the same result every time. last time we were warm for most of the trip. is it an allergic reaction? has anyone got any experience with this?
SWIM gets sheets of acid from San Francisco and has never had any unusual side effects from it and gets the same kind and dose every time. This last shipment cause SWIM and his friends all to have vomiting and diarrhea the manufacturer believes it has to do with someone handling it that has flu like symptoms. It sucks SWIM can't hold down food or water for days.