View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid degradation by sunlight

poiuytrewqqwertyui

Greenlighter
I understand LSD is broken down and loses its potency when exposed to ultraviolet light including sunlight. My friend showed me some acid tabs he had, they were in a plastic bag, and the sun was out. They were only out of their dark sun proof wrappings for a matter of 1-2 seconds and my question is this; would a second or two of sunlight have any noticeable damaging effects on the blotters in the plastic bag?

No there would not have been enough time for it to "degrade" enough to notice. Do try to keep it air tight, out of moisture, and out of sunlight if you are storing it for extended periods of time. Some prefer to wrap it in tinfoil as well, but I never did. Basically just don't leave it lying around in a sunny place. Shove it in a drawer somewhere and you'll be fine.

2 seconds in the sun won't harm it, but carrying it around to show it off to your friends isn't really a good idea since pockets can get warm along with causing friction on the sensitive blotter.
Try not to move them around much after you first get your hands on it unless you need to