View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Acid Afterglow?

DiZzyBonne

Bluelighter
Why is it that a lot of people say to make sure you have nothing to do the day after you fry, besides the obvious "so you can bask in the afterglow?"

Because, if you dose at night or even the afternoon, after tripping you probably have not slept or ate since before you dosed. Naturally, one would feel a little run down and spacey after not sleeping or eating. Also, it's nice to have the time to reflect on, and talk about with your trip mates, what was experienced. This really helps to integrate the experience (i.e. it helps you solidify genuine insights and discard nonsensical notions. It's not really possible to do this while tripping). And yes, just basking in the wake of such an awe-inspiring and intense experience is just plain enjoyable.

Having to do something the day after will suck, and the trip may be impacted by having a commitment hanging over your head the whole time. I find it hinders being able to just let go of your ego's desire to remain "in control" of the situation (this is a loosing battle usually anyway), and may even cause a bad trip.

hope that helps.

Last edited:
Yea you usually feel really tired after a 8-12 hour experiance. I just tripped on sunday and I'm still not 100% yet. I had the best LSD experiance of my life it was really incredible but i feel like my ego hasnt completley come back yet. Any thoughts on this matter?

im usually physically and mentally exhausted the day after i trip and if i do have to work , it seems like 3x longer than usual.

Eh, the last time I tripped I took it at 1 pm on a wednesday and tripped the whole night. Got up at 9 30 am and went to class for most of the day. Wasn't the easiest day or the most fun, but it's not like you can't do anything the next day. You can, you'll just be a little tired.

Yea you usually feel really tired after a 8-12 hour experiance. I just tripped on sunday and I'm still not 100% yet. I had the best LSD experiance of my life it was really incredible but i feel like my ego hasnt completley come back yet. Any thoughts on this matter?

Just sleep it off. Your body has had an intense experience, by the morning you should feel fine, most likely your also just strongly reflecting the experience as you are calling it 'the best LSD experience of [your] life.' Don't worry, you'll be fine most likely by the morning.

im usually fine the day after LSD. But its nice to have the day to smoke a bowl and reflect on the trip.

i had to work the day after ultra, and had candyflipped the day before. boy was that shitty.

Exhausted, I then slept, to awake next morning refreshed, with a clear head, though still somewhat tired physically. A sensation of well-being and renewed life flowed through me. Breakfast tasted delicious and gave me extraordinary pleasure. When I later walked out into the garden, in which the sun shone now after a spring rain, everything glistened and sparkled in a fresh light. The world was as if newly created. All my senses vibrated in a condition of highest sensitivity, which persisted for the entire day.

Hofmann's afterglow

took cid on monday, worked tuesday, right now just so tired, smoke hash. everything seems fine. Just kind of sore. and i work today

Because if ou have an intense mindfuck, its better not to have to get out of bed and go to work and deal with unpleasant things of the average work day.....

I hardly spoke for 3 days after my first acid trip.... It was a completely lifechanging experience and i don't regret it.... But i needed time to sort out my head.

Because if you take it at night (10pm for example), you will be up till 8am at least, and then yes have an afterglow, but also be tired as hell, and want to go to sleep. I do not recommend having to do much the next day because you'll be tired and out of it and things like driving are dangerous while tired, and you probably won't make a good impression on people.