• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc acetic acid anhydride and Canadian law

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailor bugg

Bluelighter
I have no idea if this is where I should post this ( I don't think it is ), but here it goes anyways.

I found a supplier of small amounts of acetic acid anhydride and according to the supplier there should be no problem with me getting it (It's going from USA to Canada) because the quantity is under a fluid oz, which exempts me from needing a permit to receive it. I've been looking for this forever, just to add to my chemistry set if anything and was wondering if anyone is familiar with this kind of situation or can shed some light on it for me. Here's a site that I think probably has the answer in it, but having not slept I need to have a little rest and don't really want to dwellve into it.
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-359/

So if anyone is bored or wants to learn some Canadian law here's your chance!

Anyways if this is the wrong forum to post in or if this isn't allowed all together I'm sorry!

Probably not allowed. On a forum like this, anyone talking about acetic anhydride might have their intentions "misconstrued" by law enforcement/fed types. Might reflect negatively on the user base as the main purpose of BL is harm reduction and we all know what AA is used for, even if it's just a component of a "chemistry set".

Oh if that's the case feel free to lock and or delete this thread, I don't want that what I'm doing appear to be anything ill minded. I just want it literally to say "Look what I have, that's really cool!"

We don't actually allow legal discussion, but acetic anhydride in quantities less than around, I don't know, 5 to 20 liters is not something anyone is going to spend their time reporting. You may have to provide the seller with some statement of intended use though, and "having it sit on a shelf and look cool" is not acceptable.

AA is very widely used, you can use it for acetylating a shitload of things besides morphine... it's an industrial chemical.

Proprionic anhydride is the nasty one (fentanyl precursor), and I believe the reportable auantity of that is like 1 gram.

Status
Not open for further replies.