• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Abscess need advice

TheHwheel

Greenlighter
Hey guys I’ve missed a shot of boy here on the side of my hand and I’m not sure if I should go to the doctor or if maybe this could go away on it’s own? At this point in time it’s about 5 days old it is hot and although it is painful it’s worlds better than it was 2 days ago although I’m afraid it’s getting hard now and I’m not sure what I should do at this point, clearly most obvious is go to the doctor but is the a chan e this could take care of itself over time?

I was hoping to upload a picture but I can’t seem to figure it out!

Unfortunately, I've had 3 abscesses. I started getting lazy and didn't always clean the site with alcohol. CLEAN THE SITE WITH ALCOHOL!!! My first was on the top of my foot, (small veins and shooting for a decade plus causes one to get creative) I knew something was wrong when it stayed hot and was very red and painful and that redness was radiating up my leg. No bueno. After 3 days I went to the
ER and they told me I was lucky I didn't get sepsis. They lanced the abscess and drew a nice line with pen around the area they were concerned with. I spent the night in the hospital and couldn't work
for a week. The second one was on the side of my knee. Lanced that and was released shortly after. Third was on top of my hand. Basically, if you aren't in any severe pain and the area isn't screaming
red...you might be ok. But, you said its still hot after 5 days, so I dunno. My dealer had an abscess on her arm. She had shitty veins also. I, now having experience under my belt, tried telling her to please
get to the ER before she loses her arm. Well, she did. After a week or so. And the fucking doctor looked at her arm and told her it didn't look too bad and sent her home. He was white and she is black.
I was fucking pissed, because I knew what was up. She went back a week later and this time they lanced it and she really did almost lose her arm from the elbow down. She was too scared to go to the
ER, so I went with her. Now I know why she was scared. They fucking didn't give a fuck about her. Anyway, you should probably go get it looked at. Make up a story if you are worried about the docs
knowing what you did. I told mine that I was GARDENING and must have got some dirt or something into an open wound.

the fucking doctor looked at her arm and told her it didn't look too bad and sent her home. He was white and she is black.
I was fucking pissed, because I knew what was up. She went back a week later and this time they lanced it and she really did almost lose her arm from the elbow down.
fuck this makes me so angry. i had read that black women are the least likely to have their pain respected by doctors, who apparently just put them down as moany, but i hadn't really thought through the consequences. so glad she didn't lose her arm.

OP - to post a picture you need to upload it to somwhere like imgbb- then you copy the url it gives you and insert that into the 'url' box that comes up when you click the picture icon in the bar of your post.

if your hand is feeling better then that is a good sign, but you are right that the safest option would be to go to a doctor. we are not doctors so can't speculate as to whether it would resolve over time, or whether you'd want it to. my boyfriend broke his wrist and that 'resolved over time' without him seeking medical attention but now gives him jip all the time.

Okay it’s went down a considerable bit but I still want to see what you guys think about it.
this is what it looks like

If it's getting better that's a good sign.

So long as it continues to get better it'll probably be OK. If it stops getting better, or gets worse, and ESPECIALLY if you run a fever or anything, then definitely get it looked at.

If it's getting better that's a good sign.

So long as it continues to get better it'll probably be OK. If it stops getting better, or gets worse, and ESPECIALLY if you run a fever or anything, then definitely get it looked at.
Did the picture come thru??
I can’t believe I can’t figure it out lol I feel half retarded!

Did the picture come thru??
I can’t believe I can’t figure it out lol I feel half retarded!

I'm afraid not.

We used to have a way to upload images directly to the site but it was causing problems so it was disabled. :(

I usually use a site called http://imgur.com

Once you go to it you should be able to just drag and drop the image if you're on computer. It's a bit trickier on phone. Once it's up it shoould have a direct link you can copy to bluelight for us to see.

Hope that helps.