• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A week into sobreity from 12 years of addiction. Benzedrex and Ephedrine help.

I know exactly how you feel. Just yesterday I had to get some cough medicine and that bright yellow packet was staring me down the entire time. I totally wouldn't of picked up the habit if it wasn't so damn convenient. I, also, believe it affects me a little differently because it felt very clean for me and had almost no come down until the habitation kicked in.

Neither of the drugs he mentioned are research drugs... benzedrex (aka propylhexedrine) is an over the counter allergy drug (like a Vicks inhaler except it actually gets you high if you consume it - by the way, to anyone reading, you should NEVER eat the cottons, if you must do it, instead soak the cottons in acidic liquid, like a soda or Snapple or something... swallowing all that cotton can cause intestinal blockages), and ephedrine is well-studied. I would not say that stuff like meth or amphetamine is any safer. Nor should this guy be ridiculed for coming here for help for having a problem with them.

To the OP, you'll be fine. Fortunately, stimulants are not physically addictive. You'll feel tired and depressed for a little while. The most important thing is to find something besides drugs to focus your time and energy on.
yea I need to be called out on my shit. I must have been in a bad mood or something, sorry. I did google the chemicals real quick and they're not RC's but well studied drugs.

Hey man we all have bad days. I figured you needed to get some anger out. Way to own your shit.

Hey there,

I wouldn't expect there to be anything other than a few weeks of apathy, depression and increased anxiety. I think for someone who has used a lot of different drugs over the course of a decade, you've probably experienced substances more potent than Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex). It's a substituted-phenethylamine like an Amphetamine with similar effects. If there is a spectrum of intensity, it's Propylhexedrine is going to be on one end and Methamphetamine will be on the other end. This is relevant because you can read about others' experiences with Methamphetamine withdrawal/addiction and extrapolate this to your own situation.

There is going to be some pain and discomfort, but it's something I think you're capable of getting through. It's probably going be a couple weeks of those feelings of depression, apathy and etc. It's not easy for anyone to experience these feelings, but you can do it.

Thank you this is what I needed to hear. I've gone through meth withdrawal and severe depressions from mental illness so I can handle this.
My research pretty much told me this, but I just had to make sure I wasn't in for something unique from the strangeness of this.
I've already damaged my brain from drug abuse and suicide attempts so I'm not really worried about some temporary suffering.

Thank Xorkoth. Was trying to be kind to Delmonte421 but I've been an addict 12 years and could more easily list the drugs I haven't done. Had ect over a dozen times. Know what brain damage feels like. This ain't my first rodeo I was just trying to ascertain if getting off these drugs would be different since they're so novel.

You had ECT over a dozen times??

In anycase, as far as ephedrine discontinuation syndrome is concerned, I once had a 4 bronkaid a day ephedrine habit (100mg/day) that had been going on for around 8 months, when I forced to immediately cold turkey. My wallet was stolen (with my drivers license in it) so I could not buy bronkaid without a new one. I had just run out of ephedrine and was planning on buying it that day. So i went to 100mg/day to 0mg, which made the 2 weeks or so I spent waiting for my new drivers license go by pretty slow. Alot of lethargy and depression the first 4-5 days in particular.

Yeah unfortunately I am severely mentally ill. I feel you on the time dilation. Just waiting for this lack of enjoyment of life to pass so I can get back to living.

Do you mind sharing your experience with and thoughts about ECT?

I have a well versed chemist friend who’s mentally ill and also fucked up himself with drug abuse (I know he’s diagnosed depression and addiction but there’s probably more) and he kinda got hard on for ECT claiming/thinking that could save him from severe depression as available meds don't really cut it for him..

My memory is fuzzy of that time from meth abuse, but I'll try.
Honestly ect saved my life. It pulled me from the darkest depression I have ever been in. It's not a fix all, but it kind of temporarily broke the parts of my brain that were killing me and gave me enough of a respite to put my mind back together so that I could better fight the suicidal parts of my brain.
Do not take it lightly though, it will destroy your short term memory and sometimes it may not fully recover. It's a last stop measure in my opinion, but it gets results when meds don't.
Temporary added bonus I was sleeping and brain dead enough that I didn't care to seek out drugs. Hope this helps.

I’m really talking about a friend. But I wont lie it isn’t scientifically and otherwise appealing. Almost in a perverted, forgotten-times romantic way… Thought about electrical cure, kinda hard resenting brain... That’s how I always looked upon it. My only diagnose are connected to addictions and hardly any doctor would recommended it to me but I live where you could get if you want it, basically. I was playing around with idea of combining it with psychedelic…better to leave it there as I need to improve back my short term and work memory and not to fuck it up.

I also read really good things about brain stimulation with strong magnets (you can get it here for anything from help in stopping smoking to big mental problems) but all in all it seems it’s kinda like ECT for pussies as it has more or less same side-effects but you don’t have to be sedated, making it less of a “savage psychiatric rudiment technique” while in reality it’s really similar to ECT.

I see what you're saying and it's appeal. Honestly, I'd never get it done again unless I had no other option. The headaches were surreal and my memory has never been quite the same. It was fun in a self-destructive fuck it kind of way though. Like willing inducing mental retardation for a bit.

@SpiralusSancti did your friend consider ketamine yet? It can similarly reset the brain but without the potential damage of ECT. I am scared of ECT, got it recommended by a doc once because the traditional antidepressants failed but hell, no thanks. I certainly don't need another decision to regret in my life.

Well last I saw him he was begging that I try to get him 3-meo-PCP after I mentioned my experience with it, but he wanted it for a “wrong” reason. To lower tolerance to opiates. Said sub-threshold doses work wonders for him in that way.

We did hell of a lot drugs together before he went into wrong direction, well both but I didn’t fuck up as much and recovered a lot more. I don’t remember if we ever did K together but I would be VERY surprised if he didn’t try it ever. Used to love ether like me too but he loved it for some euphoric/drunk side while for me it was a pure dissociative experience and meditation aid at proper dose and miracle in combo with acid and K, some other things too. Think 10 x N2O + acid x 10… Well back on topic… He did love MDMA and praised it as substance that saved his life in a sort. I even then while he was (kinda) all good thought, this wont work out well but I don’t think MDMA really damaged him, rather just stopped working. Wish I tried MDMA citrate he claimed was kinda slow release and perfect for a last dose of a night or healthier GHB salts like GHB Mg rightly hypothesized to be healthy no sodium alternative with some NMDA activity…lol.. Miss him….

Yeah but still, K could sort him out maybe. Sadly I had it years ago last time but might ask around a bit or maybe look out into some RC. Some novel relatives sound delicious.

Edit: N20 not NO2, don't inhale NO2!!!

Last edited: