• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A week into sobreity from 12 years of addiction. Benzedrex and Ephedrine help.

Dev514

Greenlighter
In the 12 years of addiction I've abused every drug imaginable. This time around it was mostly benzedrex and ephedrine daily for about a year. I guess I'm looking for what I should expect getting clean from these substances and a rough timeline of sorts because right now it's pretty rough. Hoping for some specific insight maybe even advice from those who abused similar. Feeling like having knowledge will help me better understand what I'm going and about to be going through. Thank you to anyone who reads this and I wish you the best of prosperity on your own journey.

In the 12 years of addiction I've abused every drug imaginable. This time around it was mostly benzedrex and ephedrine daily for about a year. I guess I'm looking for what I should expect getting clean from these substances and a rough timeline of sorts because right now it's pretty rough. Hoping for some specific insight maybe even advice from those who abused similar. Feeling like having knowledge will help me better understand what I'm going and about to be going through. Thank you to anyone who reads this and I wish you the best of prosperity on your own journey.
need more information, give me a rundown of what your normal daily intake looks like, all substances.

Respect, the first weeks are the hardest and this after 12 years! If you say ephedrine helps then I'm imagining you were using stims? Yeah, we need more information to help you out.

Sorry for not being more clear. Basically my main daily use was 1-3 benzedrex inhalers where I'd cut up the cotton rod and eat it each time. The ephedrine was more sporadic since there's a monthly limit to purchasing amount. I'd eat and snort them as much as I could. Throw in occasional Adderall use as well. I haven't touched the harder stuff in years besides a little molly. I'm mainly wondering what damage was done from the benzedrex use for a year and what to expect. Lots of caffeine and cigarettes too but that hasn't stopped yet.

what's the point of those drugs lol I mean do they do really anything then the traditional ones, it seems like these are odd drugs to get addicted to

Damage wise, your taking research drugs man you'll NEVER know the extent of the damage you did, you are literally a walking science experiment by taking those drugs

Long-term use can also lead to lung damage, arrhythmias, and cardiac damage. Counsel consumers not to use more than the recommended dose of propylhexedrine listed on the Drug Facts label or to use it in ways other than intended, as doing so can result in serious adverse events

In summary, the finding of this study indicated that ephedrine neurotoxicity can cause neuronal damage in cerebral cortex, which in turn can result in certain neurobehavioral abnormalities, and that CRF expression in prefrontal cortex and hippocampus is elevated in response to ephedrine exposure.

I honestly don't know if I have some sort of unique receptor but the benzedrex is literally like doing meth and molly for me. 5 dollars a pop and available everywhere. The ephedrine just gave me Adderall like focus at work only cheaper. Plus I deluded myself by saying atleast I wasn't back on the hard stuff and there was no danger of fet.

the harder stuff is safer lol it has been tested unlike the first drug you mention

As to the science experiment. I'm diagnosed schizeoaffective disorder bipolar type and poly-substance abuse disorder. Nothing new being a lab rat, but fuck I didn't even stop to consider my stupidity. Thanks for the honesty negrogesic. Time is already crawling by and nothing interests me. Guess I'm settling in for the long haul. Here's to hoping the weeks aren't too bad and the boredom even less so. Delmomte I know... the lengths I'll go to delude myself into justifying my use have no limits. Also can I get that study, because I was eating like 300mg at a time of ephedrine.

Fuck forgot about how a couple of months ago I ate an Oz of pure phenylethylamine in like 4 days. Guys I know I probably permenantly broke my brain in a lot of ways, I just want hope that things won't always be this tedious and miserable. Consensus seems to be yah dun fucked up, who knows what's next, but maybe expect it to take after recovery from stim abuse?

Fuck forgot about how a couple of months ago I ate an Oz of pure phenylethylamine in like 4 days. Guys I know I probably permenantly broke my brain in a lot of ways, I just want hope that things won't always be this tedious and miserable. Consensus seems to be yah dun fucked up, who knows what's next, but maybe expect it to take after recovery from stim abuse?
maybe find healthy hobbies like hiking going to the gym, having friends to play board games with and dumb shit like that then making your life revolve around drugs

Dude I had all that I was hiding the drug use on top of them. Now getting clean and feel like a miserable shell of my old self.

Cheers to anyone reading this. Be responsible kids and respect yourself and the drugs you put in your body. If anyone else wants to chime in please do. Otherwise, I'll update once I'm out of the withdrawal phase for those curious as to lasting damage.

I don't know about benzedrex and ephedrine but I'm sober for 2 months and I've gotten sober more times than I can keep track of. I did a lot of different drugs but not a lot of stimulants except sometimes meth and adderall. For me, it's the first few days of staying off that's hard, the next few months are easy, and then I start wanting to get high. I still haven't made it a year yet in 10+ years of trying on and off.

the harder stuff is safer lol it has been tested unlike the first drug you mention

Neither of the drugs he mentioned are research drugs... benzedrex (aka propylhexedrine) is an over the counter allergy drug (like a Vicks inhaler except it actually gets you high if you consume it - by the way, to anyone reading, you should NEVER eat the cottons, if you must do it, instead soak the cottons in acidic liquid, like a soda or Snapple or something... swallowing all that cotton can cause intestinal blockages), and ephedrine is well-studied. I would not say that stuff like meth or amphetamine is any safer. Nor should this guy be ridiculed for coming here for help for having a problem with them.

To the OP, you'll be fine. Fortunately, stimulants are not physically addictive. You'll feel tired and depressed for a little while. The most important thing is to find something besides drugs to focus your time and energy on.

Thank Xorkoth. Was trying to be kind to Delmonte421 but I've been an addict 12 years and could more easily list the drugs I haven't done. Had ect over a dozen times. Know what brain damage feels like. This ain't my first rodeo I was just trying to ascertain if getting off these drugs would be different since they're so novel.

I have done far more benzedrex than I care to admit... I have never done 3inhalers in a day though, for me, I once did 2 inhalers in a day and was seeing shadow people and couldn't pee for over 24 hours and almost went to the hospital because of it. But i have read an account of someone on here doing 10 inhalers per day so I know that some people must be affected by it differently than me. All that to say, I know how appealing it can be. I will say this. I have had periods of time of doing Benzedrex daily, and I have had periods of time of doing 4-6 Yellowjackets per day (old-school ephedrine/caffeine pills they sold at gas stations back in the early/mid-2000s, they had 25mg of ephedrine and 300mg of caffeine per pill). I have also had periods of smoking/snorting meth at a gram a day, and many other stimulant phases, too. The most severe crash I have experienced was from MDMA... second most severe was from meth. Benzedrex and ephedrine both have a crash, for sure, but if you've had experience with abusing other stimulants, you might not have as bad a time as those, depending on what you have experience with. But, it also depends on how sever your addictions with other things have been. Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex) is a triple releaser, ie, it releases dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine, so it's definitely a strong drug. And 3 inhalers per day is a lot.

But I would just not worry about it too bad. Expect to feel down, and expect to feel cravings, and boredom, and some depression. The most important thing (for any addiction) is to find something else to focus your time and energy on. Do you have any hobbies you've been neglecting? Boredom is the worst enemy of addiction recovery.

Also, a good diet and daily exercise are important for recovery.

Thank you. The comfort you provided with that message was immense. Yeah I'm eating well and getting mild exercise as best as I can. I'm doing my best with the hobbies, but I'm just starting recovering so the disinterest and apathy is strong. If it's anything like meth then I can definitely make it through it. Just wasn't sure since it's such an underreported drug as far as abuse goes. I've always had a voracious ability to consume drug amounts that would kill a normal person. Hell I've taken 3 benzedrex inhalers at once. It's a curse. Gave me a cocky attitude and burned a hole in numerous wallets. Glad to be done with it.

Glad I could help. :) I also have that curse (I have thought of it as a blessing before as well, but in the long run, it's definitely a curse - the ability to slam amounts of drugs that others can't even believe is possible). Propylhexedrine feels like about the most unhealthy stimulant I've abused (it has really concerning effects on my bladder/urinary system that I have not felt with any other stimulant), but as far as how difficult it is to come off of, it's down the list... meth and cocaine are much harder. The hardest thing about benzedrex/propylhexedrine for me is that every time I go to the damn grocery store, it's right there. If I had to hit up shady dealers, I doubt I would have done it again after the first time. Of all the drugs I have done that are legal, it's the only one I truly wish they'd just ban. Whenever I have a hankering for a stimulant beyond caffeine, I try to steer clear of that section of the grocery store, but I mean, if I want to buy beer, I have to walk by it...