Votes: 10 6.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 65 42.2%

• Total voters
my friend saw it and said it was awesome cept for neo err Keanu Reeves acting. Hope to see it opening day

goddamn they don't have it playing anywhere even close to me... hopefully more screens will open up in a week or two

holy shit.

best drug movie ever.
ever.

ever. A friend of mine said it brought a lot of bad memories back. For me, it brought a lot of good memories back

this board will consider it a classic unfuckwithably awesome beyond or at least as good as fear & loathing. incredible.

i feel i need to defend that.

It takes on drug abuse on a really personal level.

It really focuses on this group of four guys hanging out in this shitty house taking drugs and dealing with life. I expected it to be episodic and fractured like waking life.
at the same time it takes on ideas of paranoia and touches on deeper political ideas revolving around corporations, government surveylance, etc.

It's so... hopeless. Sobering. Political. Personal. Beautiful. Incredible.... It's not just one of the best drug movie's i've seen it's one of the best movie's i've ever seen period. I didn't think so when i left the theatre. Just... afterwards. When i saw it and compared it to how i've been living, how my friends have been living, to my political views, to... wow... everything in my life i guess... it's just so... great. I remember at the time I thought "hmmm, the rotoscoping does little for this film" but now, a day later, hahah, a day spent basically on drugs, despite this film (which does cary a heavy anti drug message [or really... an anti-drug-abuse message... i don't know if this is as well accepted on this board, but while drug use can be extremely valuable to the individual, drug abuse can be one of the most destructive forces in this life]) i felt the rotoscoping really put you in the perspective of the people in the film. It's fucking excellent. Not only does it say something politically, it touches you personally, deeply, powerfully.

As soon as this comes to your town, fucking see it.

Last edited:
NONE! I SWEAR!

It's just as effective on drugs as off drugs.

Which... if anything, just speaks to what a great film it is.

I'm drunk now tho. So that might explain the rave review to those of you that don't feel the same when you see it.

*grumble*

my parents went to the PREMIER of this movie. they only got 2 fucking tickets...

they both said it ROCKED, but im gonna go see it on friday.

im not even downloading it.... its so hard..

well its good that ive been resisting the temptation to search i guess.

shame on you

honestly, i think if ever there were a movie that didn't require you to take drugs inorder to enhance the "psychedelic" effect, i would say that this would be it.

* if 'waking life' is anything to go by on.

finally saw it last night and was extremely happy with it. keanu reaves was less annoying than i predicted, the art direction was fantastic, the story was great, altogether it just dookied all over the summer blockbuster popcorn type movies showing concurrently in the same theater.

the only complaint i had was my date didn't like it and kept asking me what was going on.

Looking forward to seeing this but it still isn't playing in my city.

JerryBlunted said:
the only complaint i had was my date didn't like it and kept asking me what was going on.
Aaaarrrgh! Nightmare!

I usually ignore my date if they start doing that. Frankly, I'm amazed I'm not single. :D

i loved it through and through. Great movie. I'm going to agree with alot of what i've already read here, Reeves was tolerable and not annoying IMO. Not great, but .. i didn't feel like i was dealing with Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures with his non-stops "whoa"s so that was good.

The animation was alot better done than Waking Life. Waking Life could just make you dizzy after a while b/c of the background moving around so much, this was still refreshing to look at while not exactly trying too hard.

The story i found great, but it just felt like it was building to something much bigger than what it did, so in that respect it was a bit anti-climatic and as someone else off the board has stated, Robby Downy Jr was funny as hell.

I love PKD and am excited to see this. Is it true to the book? Many PKD inspired movies adhere pretty loosely to the original book/story, but from what I've heard "A Scanner Darkly" sounds like it follows the book. The Rotoscope animation looks sweet. I first saw a commericial for this film waking up out of a drug induced haze, I thought that was very fitting.

P.S> Psychtool- Portland was part of the limited release, but it's only showing at the Fox Tower. I think the national release is July 28th.

^^^Cheers back at ya!!!

psychetool said:
Time to head to Fox Tower on friday!

I wanna head out tonight (Wed) and see it but I think I may be a lil too fucked up ATM. Noone I know thinks it looks good, but I think it looks sick. Just like you I live on the westside, and I only know pusses who won't go downtown to see a movie. I've been to movies alone before, so I think I'll get it on like Donkey Kong and fuck the h8rs!!!!1!