• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction A request for people who have or are using thalidomide.

prince_igor

Bluelighter
there has been a move to bring this dinosaur back from the dead in the chemical scenes.

it is rather safe until given to pregnant women as you all probably know.

so having heard of it from a friend in new zealand that it is being sold on the street now that an

easy otc synth is available I would like to hear from you guys if anyone else has come across it.

personally I doubt they would call it by name as the stigma still lives today.

this is a compound that we should keep an eye on if it really starts being pushed so before it becomes a problem

lets make a thread with peoples experiences and some medical data to show the dangers of using this compound.

Last edited:
2241322031_fc2144f406_b.jpg
iu

iu

from what I have heard its far more euphoric than methaqualone so I think it may really take off again

one day.

it has been made in home labs now by quite a few people I know of and its recipe is online

so if its not with you yet I doubt it will be long.

Interesting to hear rumors of it.

I have limited knowledge but from what I know people were popping the things like candy back in the day

people were getting high as a kite back then....

I'm sure it's not that dangerous in a few casual uses?

then again I would never take it if I were female? lol IDK

its only in a very specific time in the pregnancy that it causes problems to my knowledge.

I believe its when the hands and feet start developing which is pretty close to the start of the

the term so most would not know they are pregnant until its too late.

The thalidomide experience:review of its effects 50 years later

Thalidomide, a Current Teratogen - in South America

Thalidomide use: past history and current implications for practice

I shall keep adding to this as I go.

note: I shall sci-hub all my refs if I can get a doi for them but some are in the med system and

do not have normal doi please forgive those that are still behind the paywall when I give them to you.

maybe someone who works with a vet could get them for us ;)

Interesting to hear rumors of it.

I have limited knowledge but from what I know people were popping the things like candy back in the day

people were getting high as a kite back then....

I'm sure it's not that dangerous in a few casual uses?

then again I would never take it if I were female? lol IDK
they are not rumors as I would not post on this otherwise.

I am not going to dog people so if you look through my posts here I have given hints on were to get

chem knowledge.

look there and you will find it is actually quite real and happening.

as always brother thanx for backing me.

remember we see it about two too five years before you do.

it takes one hive bee to teach a few junkies and then its all over red rover ;)

they are not rumors as I would not post on this otherwise.
I misread the post originally, I don't doubt it's somewhere on the market or can be made by any clandestine chemmy worth his salt. Really meant nothing behind the word "rumor" either.

I don't doubt it's somewhere on the market or can be made by any clandestine chemmy worth his salt

You mean worth his weight in MSG. It can made from MSG. Too bad you can't make glutethimide from MSG.

I've actually never heard of thalidomide being abused and thought it had low abuse potential. Not sure exactly what the psychopharmacology of it is, I bet there is more going on than some GABAergic mechanism, looks like it could potentially be an adenosine reuptake inhibitor or have activity at the glycine site of the NMDAR.

Toxic stuff. Can't even have unprotected sex with women on it due to the extreme risk of mind boggling birth defects if exposed. Also, hard on the organ systems, has antiandrogen effects etc.

But again I've never heard of it being a drug of abuse.

Last edited:
See I've never really heard of this with regard to Thalidomide
I just happened to watch a YouTube video about thalidomide a few days ago and they definitely mentioned women were taking those pills for everything from headaches to acne or whatever. I didn't check the source tho

yes
No only that but it was only from one of the isomers of the molecule.

study of the effects of thalidomide chiral isomers
but the right isomer isomerizes on its own in vitro so it will be the wrong isomer anyway.

Investigations on the in vitro racemization of thalidomide by high-performance liquid chromatography

Stereospecific Determination, Chiral Inversion In Vitro and Pharmacokinetics in Humans of the Enantiomers of Thalidomide

Last edited:
I just happened to watch a YouTube video about thalidomide a few days ago and they definitely mentioned women were taking those pills for everything from headaches to acne or whatever. I didn't check the source tho

Seems like a far cry from getting high though. I just looked and can't find any case reports of thalidomide abuse.

The consensus seems to be point to very limited abuse potential, for instance:

"Thalidomide has not been reported to induce physical or psychological dependence. However, as in the case of other tranquilizers/hypnotics, habituation has been reported to occur with the use of thalidomide. There have been three reported cases of overdose and attempted suicides, with no fatalities. The doses used were up to 14.4 g, and all patients recovered without complications."

from what I have heard its far more euphoric than methaqualone so I think it may really take off again

Far more euphoric than methaqualone? If that were true you'd think there would case reports of its dependence and abuse 🤔

If it really were barb-like with appreciable GABAergic activity seems strange that someone could survive 14 grams of it.

I call BS on this one.

Thalidomide user with five appendages here, all complete.
A friend of mine a continent further away, and I, are adept thalidomide enjoyers both.

Thalidomide is known as only sleeping pill to cause stage 4 REM sleep, and it provides one with a very well resting sleep.
However, it is also quite an euphoric hypnotic agent and does not cause a real hangover either, one of the best sedatives I ever had.

What do you want/need to know about?
I'll tell my dude to join here if it would help.

@negrogesic, you tried it?
Either of them, I mean?

I tried both thalidomide and methaqualone(and two of its analogues), and only thalidomide was all of these flowery expression they used to describe the methaqualoser stuff.
Consequently I am using it much more often too.
Guess I ate myself through 40-50 grams of thalidomide last year.
Withdrawal?
No, not really... if thats the even distribution in fat or the fact that it simply does not cause that... who knows?

No idea how people who haven't tried it think they can even judge this stuff?
A bit puzzling to me.
I tried methaqualone and, well, I was already not so eager, but what I actually felt even disappointed my already not so great expectations
Its weak, for once, its nothing special, if you vape it, it last a few second, you feel horrible for hours or days later, and so on....

No idea how people who haven't tried it think they can even judge this stuff?

I think judging thalidomide without trying it is a pretty straightforward process given how horribly teratogenic and pharmacologically promiscuous it is (and not in a good way). A hepatotoxic compound that fiddles with your immune system and lowers your testosterone doesn't sound too appealing.

And no I definitely haven't tried it, the hypnotic effects seem hardly worth not being able to sleep with premenopausal women (although this wouldn't bother some people).

Ah I see, my bad, I tried at least to reason with you.
And no I definitely haven't tried it, the hypnotic effects seem hardly worth not being able to sleep with premenopausal women (although this wouldn't bother some people).
Thank you for reminding me, almost forgot, what was it?
Ah yes, it was: "gram said cake on sunday" and that she loves you.

But you know what she loved even more? ;-)

Ah I see, my bad, I tried at least to reason with you.

Thank you for reminding me, almost forgot, what was it?
Ah yes, it was: "gram said cake on sunday" and that she loves you.

But you know what she loved even more? ;-)

Hey, I don't discriminate when it comes to psychoactive compounds, but thalidomide is a prime example of a dirty drug. It isn't just dirty though, thalidomide is a filthy drug.

Because even if it is say a rather enjoyable hypnotic (though the lack of a clinical record of its abuse seems to suggests otherwise), it is also an immunomodulatory and generally all-around fairly toxic drug that also happens to be an antiandrogen. And if that is not enough it has a particularly unique (or at least notorious) propensity to cause horrible birth defects.

I'm open minded and as someone who does like exotic drugs I'm sure my curiosity would get the best of me if I happened to have a confirmed sample of it, but its regular use sounds like a relatively bad idea.