A reminder from Time: call your parents.

I love my mumma so much. I just spoke to her then.
I called her yesterday to let her know that Im ok and that Im safe.
So she called back to say thanx for the call :D :D :D

I couldnt care less about my dad. Bitch should fucking call ME once in a while, not like I'd wanna talk to him anyway :p :p :p

Jakoz knows whats what.

-Peace

I never call or my oldies call me.... I have never used the phone in my life before :D I my first "phone call" was using fax and use SMS on my mob phone these days. Thank god for SMS, you can choose either to not reply or not or when ya are "ready" hehe

I email my mother almost everyday/second day, chat her on MSN on weekends, with webcam, so she can check on me that I am really alright! She lives 800kms away.

I fax my old man in Tassie once a month even he never faxes me unleast he wants something.

What about Grandparents? My father side are all dead RIP, and my mother's side, my grandmother refuses to speak to me, havent spoke to her for nearly 3 years now, even I send her xmas, easter and birthday cards every year, she never replied single once, oh well shit happens, I dont care really, least I know I have done and tired to sort our fued in the past, she is a stubborn old bitch, and I just no longer give a sod about her. Yeah I know it sounds I am a selfish bastard, but what can I do? if she refuses to speak to me, my mother and my mother's partner, my last sentence to her was "f**k off old hag" yeah very disrespectful of me, but I was just mad with her at the time. But I always send my grandfather postcards every moth, and he always send me a postcard of Tassie back, I miss the landscapesv/views of Tassie. So I am just thankful for still having close relationship with my grandfather, he was my role model when I was kid/teenager.

Yeah when I moved out and went overseas, I didnt even bother to email/send card to my mother for almost 4 months, I was just having too much fun, then when I got back to Aussie, I realised the importance of our parents, and I try to keep in touch as much I can, even I have no rellies in Brisbane, my sis in Canberra, my brother down Tweed Heads, rest in distance places.

Guess its all for now for all my blabbings.

Urbie %)

good 'call' man!

OHOHOHOHOHO i'm so funny. :D

nah, seriously, nice one brother!

edit: rofl i just realised that you could interpret this post as giving props to urbanhog for calling his granny an old hag!

i guess that IS pretty funny if you think about it in a hypothetical sort of sense (like 2cm away from the face, veins the sizes of arnies popping out of your throat, granny's silver hair ruffling in the volume) but i'm not that heartless :)

LOL @ Spinsta, you got the picture right. :D Guess I am a heartless bastard... but least I tired to fix/repair it... she has that dilemena or whatever its called, and her mind is still stuck at the time I told her off.

Urbie 8)

All in all, everything just gets better with parents as time goes on I have found.

have to agreed with Waz!

I found myself growing closer to my family as I grew older. My parents are beginning to respect my space and my opinions as an adult. I am really far away from home and I guess this made an impact both on me and my parents. I call them once 1/2 months and my mum calls me every now and then. Mum is easier to talk to but dad is a hard nut to crack.

However, our relationship gets better everytime I go back for a visit. One, I am maturing as an adult and Two, they are getting older and more open minded about things that they used to scream at me about. Therefore, there are more communication between us.

I need still to 'conquer' my dad. He is too reserve and quiet. He never ever say anything much but we know that we care for each other. But i really hope that one day i am able to have a decent conversation with him.

Do call your parents .... even if it is just a short 1 min convo.

nice one jake ...... even though it was a 5 min spur reaction. it is a good one.

:)

Blue eyed girl, I know how you feel, I was in that situation a year ago. Jakoz has the world down pat :).

24.gif

I know this is an old thread and its in a section that maybe people won't read it any time soon, i guess maybe thats why i'm putting this here. After reading this thread today, i decided to email my dad after i haven't heard fom him in a long time. My dad is never going to win father of the year but as people say, he's still my dad. So i thought why not? I'll give it a shot.

The email i got from him spoke only of how cold its been and how its been hectic for him moving to the snowy mountains. (I didn't even know he'd left Queensland)

Maybe this is selfish of me, but he failed to even mention my birthday which was last friday. So i casually mentioned it in my reply to see the response i got. All i got was a "sorry i forgot your birthday, been busy". No belated happy birthday, or how was it or anything... Just i've been busy.

So with my short fuse fizzling away i wrote back saying not to knock himself out keeping in touch because he hasn't bothered so far. the response i got was about what i expected. He blamed me for our lack of contact, for our lack of a relationship, well pretty much for all the fuck ups in his life up until this point. So in my true stubborn fashion, i told him where he stick his bullshit. The last words he wrote to me were "Good bye son". And me being me wrote " Don't call me your son, you are no more than a stranger to me....

Which is true, and he HAS made alot of screw ups in his life with me. More than i'd like to mention. And by all rights i should not give a flying fuck if i never speak to him again. Yet i still feel somewhat bad for what as happened.... I don't know. I guess i'm just a bit lonely at the moment and knowing once and for all that another person is out of my life hurts a little....

Thanks for letting me vent....

Peace.....

Cheers i just even sent that post to my mother i guess its my way of saying how much i appreiate shit :) Nice post