• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

A Quote Thread....

Funny one:

'If you scream in a library, everyone stares at you, if you scream on an aeroplane, everyone screams WITH you.' - Peter Kay

Deep one:

'Honour can only be lost, never taken away.' - Chekov

One to live by:

'Treat people as you would expect to be treated' - Traditional

The last one has already, wrapped up in far more colourful & dramatic wording, but face it, thats what it boils down to. If EVERYONE just did that, we would all be happy, don't you think?

Freshly Baked said:
"Love is Pain's most convincing Disguise"

Now THAT is good, you should be a writer, my friend!

"Never let morality get in the way of doing whats right" - Harper Mallow

"a dream only becomes reality when u dont think of it as a dream"-me

"u cant change a man unless hes willing to be changed"-unknown

"sadness only comes well looking into the past"-me

"those who are depressed do not feel pain, as depression is caused by the loss of feeling and emotion"-me

"the heart is the minds worst enemy"-me

"its not the size of the man in the fight, but the size of the fight in the man"-unknown

"danger is not knowing what you are about to do"-me

"The power of the heart is stronger than any other power in the universe." anon.

Last edited:
LostandFound said:
"a dream only becomes reality when u dont think of it as a dream"-me

"u cant change a man unless hes willing to be changed"-unknown

"sadness only comes well looking into the past"-me

"those who are depressed do not feel pain, as depression is caused by the loss of feeling and emotion"-me

"the heart is the minds worst enemy"-me

"its not the size of the man in the fight, but the size of the fight in the man"-unknown

"danger is not knowing what you are about to do"-me

i like your quotes:)

some of my favorites

"live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever"

"One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world. "

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.”

"Don't ever let anyone promise you that they will never hurt you. At one time or another it will happen. The real promise is if the time you spend together will be worth the pain in the end."

"If we measure how much we value life, solely by our dread of dying, then it may well be that we have no sense of its value... at all."

"It is our nature to fear a dark purpose in that which we do not understand. But true evil may lie more in ignorance than in suspicion."

"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have."

and

Girls are like apples on trees.
The best ones are at the top of the tree.
Most guys don’t want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt.
Instead, they sometimes go for the apples near the ground because they are easy.
The apples at the top think something is wrong with them; in reality, they are amazing.
They just have to wait for the right guy to come along,
the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

i could go on and on but thats all for now:)

"Every creature has the right to exist according to its own nature." anon.

Last edited:
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." ~Robert F. Kennedy.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." ~Mario. Andretti.

"Eros will have naked bodies; friendship naked personalities." ~C.S.Lewis

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?" ~Abraham Lincoln.

"We ask ourselves, 'who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be??"

"Some of lifes greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

"Once the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." ~Herman. Melville.

"My riches consist not in the extent of my possessions, but in the fewness of my wants." ~J. Brotherton.

"I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well." ~Diane. Ackerman.

"In prosperity, our friends know us; In adversity, we know our friends." ~John Churton Collins.

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it." ~W M. Lewis.

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

"In every crisis there is a message. Crises are natures way of forcing change- breaking down old structures, shaking loose negative habits so that something new and better can take their place." ~Susan. Taylor.

"Truth has no special time of its own. Its hour is now- always."

"A true friend is one that reaches for your hand and touches your heart."

"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure." ~George E. Woodbeney.

"Only fools stumble on the same rock... Learn from your mistakes."

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." ~T. S. Elliot.

Kimmy. :)

"I enjoy immensely people's negativity and I take it as a challenge - a challenge to my love. If I can love them, only then do I know what love is. If I can love only people who love me, then it is business, a bargain. If I can even love people who don't love me, who certainly are hateful towards me, who would like to destroy me, then it is true love. It is unconditional love - it makes no demands on them."
~ Osho

Macho feminist seeks cunning Goddess-worshiper with high IQ for experiments in raw friendship.

Do you want to be listened to with a luxurious concentration that no one -- let alone a mere man -- has ever given you before? Are you looking for a savvy servant and sidekick in your holy quest to cultivate your own flaming genius?

Try me. All my patriarchal imprints are incinerated, all my locker room jokes obliterated. Even better: I know how to play.

Let's dress up as teenage hoodlums and go hunting for pet grasshoppers in a dandelion meadow next to a trailer park while chanting passages from the Bhagavad Gita. Let's put on dorky floral shower caps and climb a hill at dusk in the rain to stage a water balloon fight while we sing songs from West Side Story.

Check my credentials: a roomful of books about the Goddess revival; a talent for channeling the spirit of Gertrude Stein; and ownership of a pair of red shoes once worn by Anaos Nin. I'll write songs about you, memorize the story of your life, massage your booboos. I have a ten-inch tongue, short fingernails, guaranteed no beard stubble. Foreplay isn't a means to an end -- it's a way of life.

Call Rockstar at

- Rob Brezsny. The Televisonary Oracle

true humility is such an equilibrium, for it is not self-despising but other-enhancing.

~ my friend hugh

Last edited:
"I am human, fear me" - a friend.

Maybe I was just really stoned, but I found that to be quite profound and true.

Everything under the sun is in tune...
but, the sun is eclipsed by the moon. Pink Floyd

Post script:-
crystalcallas, that is such a beautiful sentence (for so many reasons).

^^^ glad you like it :)

Life and love are life and love, a bunch of violets is a bunch of violets, and to drag in the idea of a point is to ruin everything. Live and let live, love and let love, flower and fade, and follow the natural curve, which flows on, pointless.
~ D. H. Lawrence 1885-1930, British Author

What's terrible is to pretend that the second-rate is first-rate, that you don't need love when you do or that you like your work when you know quite well you're capable of better.
~Doris Lessing 1919-, British Novelist

When we understand, we are at the center of the
circle, and there we sit while Yes and No chase
each other around the circumference.

-Chuang-Tzu

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

~ LaoTzu

I really love this quote. It really rings true.

"All my life my heart has sought, a thing I can not name"

-Remembered Line from a long forgotten poem.

"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable."

-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

A belief in hell and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumor.