• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids A question and theory on opiate withdrawal

Slayer0344

Bluelighter
Hello everybody and good morning

So im wanting a question confirmed/answered.

I have recently stopped taking Suboxone, I’m 5 days off 1mg sub per day and I piss tested negative for suboxone on day 3 of no subs (huge surprise as I though it lingered in urine for up to 7 days) so I’d say by now most of it is gone from my system, this is very strange to me as everyone else I’ve spoken to says they’ve tested positive for bupe in a urine analysis for up to 9 days after their last dose? Could it be that I metabolise these drugs so fast that my system just flushes the bupe fast? That would also explain me going into withdrawal 12 hours after a 0.5mg dose of bupe which is what was happening whilst I was still taking it.

have been using oxycodone to stop the withdrawals until I can get back on the suboxone program here in my country.

Each morning I’ve been waking up in withdrawal but the strangest thing is happening , each morning I’m waking up since day 3 the withdrawals seem to be less and less each day,

Now I was initially tinkering with the theory that because I haven’t been taking a full opioid agonist for well over a year and only using Buprenorphine at a 1mg -2mg dose in that year that in stopping the Buprenorphine because of how bupe works on the receptors binding so tightly and with such a high affinity that I wouldn’t develop dependance to a full agonist like oxy straight away until after a couple of weeks and the oxy could simply be used as a withdrawal aid until I’m through the worst of bupe withdrawals then I could just do a quick taper on the oxy and avoid most of the harsh withdrawal symptoms all together.

That theory seems to be coming to life considering each day I’m waking up after 14 hours of having no oxy in my system I seem to be in less and less withdrawal. Is there any science behind this or is this all in my head and I’m actually still just temporarily holding off opiate withdrawal as a whole?

I would really appreciate someone giving some insight or even an opinion of some kind as I have posted something similar to these in the recent days with no replies.

I agree, if you don't think about and use benzos in moderation, then you could get off opiods all together and be fine.
As long as benzos are used properly and for only a few weeks, there may be no need to mess with bupes. Just don't get addicted to oxycodone and you could be drug free, if that is your goal.

If you are a week off of 1mg it very likely is out of your system.

On whether Bupe is now preventing you from being habituated to Oxy, the only way in which that could ever be true is if you nave yet to experience psychoactive effects from Oxy. IF you do have such effects it is hitting the relevant receptors & Oxy (and metabolites) being able to bind even partially is responsible for habituation.

Bupe is as you know, not fully an antagonist. At minimal dosages it will not prevent much (full) agonist affinity.

Last edited:
If you are a week off of 1mg it very likely is out of your system.

On whether Bupe is now preventing you from being habituated to Oxy, the only way in which that could ever be true is if you nave yet to experience psychoactive effevts from Oxy. IF you do have such effects it is hitting the relevant receptors & Oxy (and metabolites) being able to bind even partially is responsible for habituation.

Bupe is as you know, not fully an antagonist. At minimal dosages it will not prevent much (full) agonist affinity.
Slayer, it is Jnowhere, if you can quit the oxycodone and use benzos and gabapentin for a short period of time, you can quit all opiods and stop the benzos and gabapentin when you feel better, you can be free of all opiods and be completely sober if you choose. No more opiods; taper down the oxycodone and use benzos and gabapentin till you are well and be done as you wanted.

Benzos and gabapentin don’t even seem to touch the withdraw I’m getting when I stop unfortunately.

I thought they would help, would anything, you cab get stop it?
Does anything help or are stuck on bupes? IS Marijuana legal their? If so I know a dude who got on them and used marijuana edibles to help. If you can try them and gabapentin and Ativan. When you see your doctor, ask for any drug thal can replace bupes; try to see what you can get. PM me

Last edited:
Try creating a thread and explain your problem and see if you can some good advice. Because the bupes seem terrible and cause,•£111111•2~2•²233333}}}9|♤¥{{{2

Benzos and gabapentin don’t even seem to touch the withdraw I’m getting when I stop unfortunately.
Clonidine 0.1mg tablets (Very valuable #1 actually)
Pregabalin 300mg (improved gabapentin)
Diazepam 10mg (potent anxiolytic & muscle relaxant properties)
Cannabis Indica 2.5 - 5mg oil jel caps

Ketamine (optional) thin little lines after above cocktail reaches peak serum levels 1h later

Optional - IF a serious opioid dependency, maybe low dose Methadone tablets (1mg tablets at the end, 5mg tablet morning & evening for first few days after cessation, then half, then 1mg scored tablets, then 0.5mg halves, long half-life full Mu-Opioid agonist 24h half-life, best weaning opioid, like the Valium taper for benzos

minus the Methadone…..micro dose LSD 20ug - 1/4 tab

Last edited:
as no one has mentioned it yet...is kratom legal - available in your country? It s kinda subjective but I ve once beaten a MASSIVE oxys addiction with kratom, loperamide and the odd benzo. The mental part on the other hand...still working on it
In my opinion the worse you think it will be, the worse it will be. Due to anxiety
Indeed. As I am a very anxious person, the anxiety is what kills me anytime during w-d , if I don t have benzos available the w-d turn into a complete nightmare. Actually the only time I went to an hospital during a w-d was to beg for some benzos (there are almost no opis addicts here so it was easy to pass for a stressed out hardworking man with panic attack and not for a junkie in withdrawal) I ve also noticed that if there s no chance at all you can get any opi, the body and the mind kinda accept it and the w-d are less devastating. But if there is even a 1% chance of getting them.....

Clonidine 0.1mg tablets (Very valuable #1 actually)
Pregabalin 300mg (improved gabapentin)
Diazepam 10mg (potent anxiolytic & muscle relaxant properties)
Cannabis Indica 2.5 - 5mg oil jel caps

Ketamine (optional) thin little lines after above cocktail reaches peak serum levels 1h later

Optional - IF a serious opioid dependency, maybe low dose Methadone tablets (1mg tablets at the end, 5mg tablet morning & evening for first few days after cessation, then half, then 1mg scored tablets, then 0.5mg halves, long half-life full Mu-Opioid agonist 24h half-life, best weaning opioid, like the Valium taper for benzos

minus the Methadone…..micro dose LSD 20ug - 1/4 tab
Wow, I. Did forget them, I have a script and a lot of them in bottles laying around, a script for 10mg Valium and plenty of gabapentin, no Lyrica though, to bad he is in the other side of the world.

You, should stay off the subs or bupes if you can control your use of opiods. Those drugs( suboxone, and similar) are a waste and unnecessary if you aren't a hard-core user. If you stop using oxycodone or other opiods and have no withdrawals, then forget about taking the bupes or subs. No point if you get past it, and move on. No reason to be addicted to them again and have to go each day. You said your are athletic, so just stay away from opiods, unless you have an injury and are prescribed them.
They are a nightmare to get off of, as you indicated, so leave them alone and move on. Just say no, lol, but if you can refrain from using, great. Besides most people I have chatted with, start at 8mg and have hugh fentanyl or heroin habits when they take them. New Zealand has the highest prices for heroin in the world, which keeps people away and take a benzo occasionally for stress and leave opiods of any sort alone. Be done with that nightmare forever, don't prolong it.

Last edited: