• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos A question about recreational use of Diazepam (Valium)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumajNuri

Ex-Bluelighter
Greetings...
As an artist/designer, I really enjoy the sedative effects of this drug because it makes me more motivated to get artworks done. But the motivational effects of the pill will start to wear off 30 minutes, and drowsiness/sleepiness is all I experience after that.
Now... You benzo fans! Could you please suggest or explain me a way to keep myself from falling asleep while I am high on Diazepam? Drinking coffee doesn't help because I doubt if the coffee we buy from stores contains "pure caffeine".
Thanks.

Yeah, if you're passing out / struggling to stay awake, then maybe reduce your dose.

And drink more coffee...

Benzos are literally made to slow down your neural firing, its supposed to make you calm and sleepy, so maybe try using less as others have stated, or try using a different drug

I absolutely love Valium, it's probably my favorite benzo of all, but I've never found it motivating. As was said, benzos slow your thinking and movement down, so they aren't really the motivating/creative kinda drugs.

Yeah, if you're passing out / struggling to stay awake, then maybe reduce your dose.

And drink more coffee...

Yes I should look for Espresso, a type of coffee that has the most caffeine in it.

I absolutely love Valium, it's probably my favorite benzo of all, but I've never found it motivating. As was said, benzos slow your thinking and movement down, so they aren't really the motivating/creative kinda drugs.

So, Benzos are nothing more sleeping pills

What's your dosage and what are the effects you are expecting to feel?

Each scored tablet contains 2 milligrams of Diazepam. I am 62 kg and 171 cm (yup... so skinny). I take 4 pills (8mg) per day, And of course I don't expect the same buzz I usually get from opiates... but... I think there's a way to resist drowsiness.

So, Benzos are nothing more sleeping pills
Not exactly, like I said I love using them recreationally. They're both sedating and anxiolytic, and can be used for either or both purposes. They're whatever you make of them. I enjoy them greatly, some people see no appeal in them. How you feel about what the pills do to you is completely up to you.

The past two times I've tried to use Diazepam, I passed out. My first time was on 5mg, while my last recent time I took 10mg. Knocked out like a baby both times; this is with a decent benzo tolerance as well, being on 2mg Clonazepam daily.

I usually take Adderall if I'm going take a benzo to keep me awake and boost the high, but I don't suggest this; it's combining an upper and downer on your CNS.

I suggest cutting your dose in half, give yourself plenty to do, don't take them if you're feeling tired already.

The past two times I've tried to use Diazepam, I passed out. My first time was on 5mg, while my last recent time I took 10mg. Knocked out like a baby both times; this is with a decent benzo tolerance as well, being on 2mg Clonazepam daily.

I usually take Adderall if I'm going take a benzo to keep me awake and boost the high, but I don't suggest this; it's combining an upper and downer on your CNS.

I suggest cutting your dose in half, give yourself plenty to do, don't take them if you're feeling tired already.

Yes, Good advice, Consuming Diazepam when I feel exhausted after work is not a good idea. Thanks it was helpful.

I find Diazepam and Alprazolam to be the least sedating (and most euphoric) of the benzo's that I've tried, it's funny you disregarded coffee because that's exactly what I do to counteract the over-sedating effects while at the same time being able to enjoy the anxiolytic effects of the benzodiazepines. I'm an artist too-I know what you mean about benzo's giving you a slight charge, it's weird because you'd think it would be the opposite but whatever.

The only way to help with that very effectively is to reduce the amount of Diazepam you're using. Using it a little less often helps make not taking as much a bit easier, too. :)

The only way to help with that very effectively is to reduce the amount of Diazepam you're using. Using it a little less often helps make not taking as much a bit easier, too. :)

Helpful... Thanks.

OP, you've kind of hit the nail on the head. Caffeine or Ephedrine (OTC stimulants) are really going to be your best bet for promoting wakefulness in the face of Benzodiazepine intoxication unless you're intending to introduce more powerful stimulants into your drug regimen. Sedation is just one of the primary and often desired effects of most Benzodiazepines, so it's going to be difficult to separate the desired effects from the undesired.

While under the influce of a drug like Diazepam (Valium) you should be able to consume a lot more Caffeine (comfortably) than you would be able to without, so I would just give consuming as much strong coffee as you can tolerate and see if that gets you where you want to be.

I don't mean to allude to sourcing or anything like that, but I'm assuming in Iran that Benzodiazepines are essentially an over the counter drug in Iran? I know it will seem crazy for BL'ers who aren't familiar with the region, but in the Middle East, even though Alcohol is very frowned upon, prescription drugs like Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates and weak Opioids can generally be had with ease. Even though it was technically illegal in Iraq to by these things over the counter, in practice, it's how business was done.

I'll close the thread for now, as the question has been answered and wasn't really suited for oD in the first place
PM me if you want me to re-open it

Status
Not open for further replies.