View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

a question about DMT.

SONN

Bluelighter
I was wondering if anyone has ever studied the effects of DMT on people in comas.

Without consent of the person in the coma prior to them being in a coma, to being tested on while in a coma... I highly doubt someone has done such research (at least legally).

The researchers would have to know you'll be in a coma at a certain time for a certain length of time, and the only way to know that is to induce one, and I'm not sure how safe that is, can't imagine it's safe to do.

And for patients suffering from a coma due to disease/injury, I don't imagine it's ethical to use them for research either, unless it's for something to potentially cure or treat their condition.

Hi SONN :)

There has been very little research into DMT in humans at all, and as far as I know none has been done in coma patients. As Aetherius Rimor implied, it would probably be nearly impossible to get ethics approval for such a study. Personally, I don't really see any benefit of such a study beyond mere curiosity either.

If you're interested in reading about DMT studies in healthy volunteers, then I recommend Rick Strassman's DMT: The Spirit Molecule. It goes through his theoretical basis for the research, his methodology, and discusses the variety of subjects' experiences.

The better question is why you are wondering this. I'm just thinking about Kill Bill so much now. :)

Seems close to the asking blind people to describe color question.