• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health A Psychedelic Problem - Delusional and Blacked Out

Yes, of course. I agree that this poster should hang up the phone, at least for now. I was just interjecting about that commonly-used phrase in general. A lot of people will say that after you get the psychedelic message once, you should not trip again. And I do not agree with this as a blanket rule. :)

Fair point, my own arrogance has yet to fully hang up as well, it would seem :)
Trust me, I was once a moderator of another psychedelic board, I've heard that statement so many times that it must have been a reaction of my own habitual disturbance :p
Namaste ~

But yet, arrogance abounds and a life changing message becomes a habitual disturbance.
Clearly, when delusions of grandeur are interpreted as ego death, there is a miscommunication.
I think I'm just having trouble explaining what exactly is going on. It's not the delusions that I'm interpreting as ego death, its the period after. Its as if I hit a wall and all logic and basic understanding dissipates. My world begins to crumble, I feel as if I'm dead/dying and I don't know who I am/was.

But its whatever, the internet is not the best medium to explain such experiences. I hung up the phone 6 months ago and don't plan to pick it up for a while.

i have blacked out on psychedelics though i think what your saying is much more complex with what psychs have done to your way of thinking.

Drugs have the ability to bring out beautiful feelings but also really scary thoughts, you say you havnt touched anything in about 6 months. and u feel no better?

Its as if I hit a wall and all logic and basic understanding dissipates. My world begins to crumble, I feel as if I'm dead/dying and I don't know who I am/was. .

This caught my attention. Would you say your cognition dissipates? Your basic understanding and ability to 'think' in the way you would under the influence of a psychedelic?

I've had something similar happen to me twice, where after the peak i feel extremely different.. like a personality change of sorts. My actual cognition seems to be impaired.. if somewhere were to ask me 'what are you thinking about now?' i wouldn't be able to give them an answer.. only that 'i just am'.. and this effect lasts for hours onwards.

It's as if upon ego death i remain dead in a sense for hours.. because i just have no sense of cognition. I can still answer a question.. but with no depth attached to it.. just simple direct reply's. When this happened i kind of just sat motionless for a long time.. not thinking about anything apart from 'whats going on, something has changed.'

It's almost as if my mind has shutoff the ability to receive external information.

This might not be similar to what your explaining.. but when you said all basic logic and understanding dissipates.. i could definitely relate on that level.

Drugs have the ability to bring out beautiful feelings but also really scary thoughts, you say you havnt touched anything in about 6 months. and u feel no better?

Well I've never had anything happen while sober to make me think anything was wrong so its not like I'm feeling better. Those effects only came about while under the influence.