• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery A new me.

Car was another minor fix that my mechanic feels bad for missing on Fri, so it was fixed for free and will be ready for me when I leave work today. Other than the cost of uber to and from work today (about 45 bucks all together), no more money needs to be spent. Thank god.

Hoping this is a sign that this week will be a lot better for me. Fingers crossed. Hope everyone else is well.

This week is going a lot better.

Went to a Halloween party last night...anyone get my costume?

SAtOqG2
Bwp61qJ.jpg

Looks like I'm talking to myself again, lol. Oh well this thread is a diary of sorts for myself too so I will keep posting.

Happy Halloween Guys!!! %)

I have officially been on methadone for 3 months, as of a few days ago, and almost 3 months without ANY DOPE :D I'm stable at 80mg and feeling normal/good all day now with hardly any side effects! When my dose kicks in, I get tired sometimes, but it fades quickly. I'm on week 4 of my new exercise routine and I'm kicking ass! I've gone at least 3 days each week (more like 4-5 most weeks though) and i see myself getting stronger and my endurance improving. Love it! I have found that exercise has completely eliminated my after-work lethargy that made me not want to do anything when I got home each night. I really really enjoy this routine. My mental health feels better as well as a result. Oh! And I've lost 5 lbs! :D Weight loss wasn't my goal but it's nice..I had about 7 lbs to lose to get to my "ideal weight". Gonna start going to yoga mon and wed nights (its canceled tonight bc of the holiday) to help with some flexibility. Love being a gym rat now!

I have ALSO successfully NOT HAD A CIGARETTE IN 3 DAYS! I've been using only my juul (nicotine vape) and I'm getting used to not smoking. I know I'm still addicted to nicotine, but the goal is to step down the amount of nicotine every couple of weeks until I'm not dependent anymore..kinda like the methadone thing I'm doing. I've been smoking 17 years, it is BEYOND time to quit. My bf doesn't smoke, so he's absolutely loving this new change. I hope I can keep it up! I always thought i'd die young and never expected to make it this long..so now I gotta start taking care of myself I guess. Sigh. LOL

Anyways, I hope everyone else is having a good week. :D Reply to me guys, I'm getting lonely over here haha

Sorry I've been AWOL. I've been slammed and I'm heading to Illinois tomorrow for my best friend from college's wedding. LHL, your costume goes over my head, but here is mine. I actually won funniest costume!

2coltee.jpg

Last edited:
THATS AMAZING A!! I love it!!

I was BBQ Becky! Look it up, if you spend any amount of time on the internet you should figure it out once you see the pic.

Enjoy the wedding :)

I get it now - I remember seeing her lampooned on The Daily Show. Hilarious. Well I went from sunny 70s this morning to drizzly, overcast, 40s. But it feels like fall, so I'll take it. I was at the airport in time to get a 20 minute massage. It was a splurge at 40 bucks for 20 minutes, but I left with these nifty reflexology socks. I can't wait for the next time I can get away for full length reflexology massage. Sooooo soothing and relaxing.

2jf2d.jpg

This week is going a lot better.

Went to a Halloween party last night...anyone get my costume?

SAtOqG2
Bwp61qJ.jpg

Trinity? idk dude its just a pair of sunglasses!

regarding the quitting smoking - doesn't vaping salt nic make the experience basically painless!?! I was amazed at how easy it was. I tried the regular nicotine e-liquid and kept hitting it till I felt sick and still wanted a cig, but with salt nic (the kind that's in juul) it was pretty much effortless. Don't be too hard on yourself if you don't reduce quickly - you are adding years to your life by vaping instead of smoking. whats your diet like ladyh?

Sorry I've been AWOL. I've been slammed and I'm heading to Illinois tomorrow for my best friend from college's wedding. LHL, your costume goes over my head, but here is mine. I actually won funniest costume!

2coltee.jpg

hahahaha, love the costume. has anyone ever told you you look like Ben Shapiro?

Rio: My diet is kinda a mixed bag. My bf lives an hour south of me, and works even further south than that, so I'm basically by myself sun night-thurs night and eat badly because I'm too lazy to just cook for myself. Fast food or easy stuff like pizza. I get Korean food catered to my office every day for lunch, so I get veggies and whatnot with that a lot of times. There's also a farmers market that's really nice right by my house that has an amazing little cafeteria area where you can make a box and pay by the weight, so I go there at least once a week to get my veggie/healthy food fix (along with some not so healthy food too) when I feel like I've been lacking it. My bf eats like a child (nothing green, no sauces..basically chicken fingers and fries, cheeseburgers plain, ya know, it's weird) so cooking for us on the weekends is hard too. I def eat better than him though and I worry about him..he's already been diagnosed pre-diabetic but refuses to change his eating habits. Oh! and I also have a major sweet tooth due to being an opiate addict and being on methadone, but I'm getting better at moderating it since I've started working out. I stay thin because I don't eat huge portions (also..I don't eat when I'm stressed so a major problem in my life can make me lose weight quickly). I'm on week 4 of working out 3-5 times a week and I'm feeling great and starting to get some muscles. I'm what one would call "skinny fat" usually. I know I need to eat better consistently..esp as I get older. I come from a family that is thin but has bad heart problems bc we eat whatever we want due to us not really getting fat, but it still causes artery blockage.

Anyways. Yes..I'm now not having any cigs at all. The juul works great and I really like it. I had one when out with friends having a beer or two for Halloween on Wed, and I put it out after 2 puffs..I already couldn't handle the burn and taste of the cig. I've hated cigs for a long time now, they even made me nauseous sometimes, but I was so addicted. Vaping always seemed like too much work for a decent vape, and the temp ones (like the Blu) were always shitty and not like smoking at all. The juul is awesome bc it hits like a decent vape, but is easy and has all the convenience of a temporary mod. I dig it. My bf, who quit smoking on a vape himself many years ago..and no longer even vapes now) is loving this. He hated my smoking. I think now that I'm not smoking I may use this as leverage to get him to start working out. Like I said above, I worry about his health. He isn't huge, but hes overweight (dad bod for sure!) and I love him and want him to be around for awhile.

Physically, I'm feeling good. Working out...quitting smoking...quitting opes. I have money again, also, which is so nice! I'm finally caught up on all my debts and can now start getting things for myself. I'm trying not to go too crazy with the toy spending...my car is too unreliable to not have a decent nest egg for emergencies.

I have the funeral for my friend who passed away on Sat..it's gonna be hard. I think I may still be in shock and this will prob make it entirely real. Dreading it but looking forward to facing this head on. My bf is coming with me for support and I'll have lots of friends there.

I'm proud of myself for not relapsing during all of this. I'm even quitting another vice....am I getting better, yall??

Rio: My diet is kinda a mixed bag. My bf lives an hour south of me, and works even further south than that, so I'm basically by myself sun night-thurs night and eat badly because I'm too lazy to just cook for myself. Fast food or easy stuff like pizza. I get Korean food catered to my office every day for lunch, so I get veggies and whatnot with that a lot of times. There's also a farmers market that's really nice right by my house that has an amazing little cafeteria area where you can make a box and pay by the weight, so I go there at least once a week to get my veggie/healthy food fix (along with some not so healthy food too) when I feel like I've been lacking it. My bf eats like a child (nothing green, no sauces..basically chicken fingers and fries, cheeseburgers plain, ya know, it's weird) so cooking for us on the weekends is hard too. I def eat better than him though and I worry about him..he's already been diagnosed pre-diabetic but refuses to change his eating habits. Oh! and I also have a major sweet tooth due to being an opiate addict and being on methadone, but I'm getting better at moderating it since I've started working out. I stay thin because I don't eat huge portions (also..I don't eat when I'm stressed so a major problem in my life can make me lose weight quickly). I'm on week 4 of working out 3-5 times a week and I'm feeling great and starting to get some muscles. I'm what one would call "skinny fat" usually. I know I need to eat better consistently..esp as I get older. I come from a family that is thin but has bad heart problems bc we eat whatever we want due to us not really getting fat, but it still causes artery blockage.

Anyways. Yes..I'm now not having any cigs at all. The juul works great and I really like it. I had one when out with friends having a beer or two for Halloween on Wed, and I put it out after 2 puffs..I already couldn't handle the burn and taste of the cig. I've hated cigs for a long time now, they even made me nauseous sometimes, but I was so addicted. Vaping always seemed like too much work for a decent vape, and the temp ones (like the Blu) were always shitty and not like smoking at all. The juul is awesome bc it hits like a decent vape, but is easy and has all the convenience of a temporary mod. I dig it. My bf, who quit smoking on a vape himself many years ago..and no longer even vapes now) is loving this. He hated my smoking. I think now that I'm not smoking I may use this as leverage to get him to start working out. Like I said above, I worry about his health. He isn't huge, but hes overweight (dad bod for sure!) and I love him and want him to be around for awhile.

Physically, I'm feeling good. Working out...quitting smoking...quitting opes. I have money again, also, which is so nice! I'm finally caught up on all my debts and can now start getting things for myself. I'm trying not to go too crazy with the toy spending...my car is too unreliable to not have a decent nest egg for emergencies.

I have the funeral for my friend who passed away on Sat..it's gonna be hard. I think I may still be in shock and this will prob make it entirely real. Dreading it but looking forward to facing this head on. My bf is coming with me for support and I'll have lots of friends there.

I'm proud of myself for not relapsing during all of this. I'm even quitting another vice....am I getting better, yall??

every single facet of your life is improving exponentially, and it's all down to you and your hard work. you should be damn proud of yourself, but don't take your foot off the gas! keep going!

now are you gonna leave us in suspense or tell us who you were for halloween!?!? im guessing not Trinity???

I put it up already!!

BBQ Becky!
15264009929665.jpg

You're in the UK, so mayyybe this didn't get as well known over there. Anyways, long story short, this woman acted like a racist bafoon and got caught on camera, and then the internet starting photoshopping her into pics with all sorts of famous black people/movie scenes/etc etc as a joke. Very topical costume

I'm very happy about the way life is going. I really hope I don't fuck it up this time.

Last edited:
hahahaha, love the costume. has anyone ever told you you look like Ben Shapiro?
No, I haven't heard that, but I'll take it as a compliment since he's not a bad looking guy and he is a fellow member of the tribe, but no one would mix up our politics for sure. And I am about 10-11 years older. I used to have a goatee (too much white in it anymore so I shaved it off) and an uncanny number of people told me I looked like Andrea Bocelli, which I really found off the wall.

Barbecue Becky is racist scum who called police because an African-American family had the temerity to enjoy a barbecue in a public park. This got national media attention because came right on the heels of five African American ladies enjoying a game of golf at a Pennsylvania Country Club having the police called on them (c'mon, if you can afford club dues, you're not from Baltimore or South Philly) and an African American real estate agent was arrested in Philadelphia while waiting for a client inside a Starbucks, without having purchased anything. Trevor Noah on The Daily Show said he should have just had a MacBook and earbuds and told the manager he was working on a screenplay. He said that's all people do in Starbucks is wait - he called it a bus station with an espresso machine.

Lady, it's difficult to eat well when you're living by yourself so I relate. I'm not a leftovers kind of guy, so I don't really cook much for myself because I get tired very quickly of eating the same thing for several meals in a row. So aside from breakfast (my favorite meal anyway), I rarely cook for myself and am probably overly dependent on prepackaged processed foods, but I do try to balance it out since I have a Korean grocery in the 'hood, and they have a lot of prepared food (esp. on Sundays) and it's largely healthy. And I try to have a big salad every day - usually in the evening so I'm not taking in a large number of calories closer to bedtime. I haven't eaten McDonalds in probably a decade, and it's probably pushing 5 years for both Burger King and Wendy's, though when the craving hits for Popeye's chicken, nothing else will do, and it's right around the corner. I even rarely eat pizza and Chinese takeout anymore and I used to live for Chinese buffets. I'm pretty frugal these days, so the only eating out I do is basically when I go to my weekly trivia game with friends from AA (and Sonny likes to go because he gets handouts - it's an open air place so dog friendly) and even then I usually get fish tacos because they're so tasty at this particular joint.

Anyway, fuuuuuuck me. I borrowed my mother's car to drive from Tennessee to Illinois so I wouldn't have to deal with a rental and I had a fucking flat (which was really fun to change on the side of the interstate, let me tell you, with asshole truckers not moving over and whizzing past at 80mph inches away). No problem, she has road hazard coverage. So I thought. Well, I was informed by the inbred at Mal-Wart that the tire was considered "abused" since I didn't immediately change it. WTF? I almost lost my shit, but I'm trying to be better than that. I told him I was going 70mph and when I became aware there was a problem, I stopped and changed the tire, so this idea that I drove for miles on that tire was "patently absurd" (my words, because I caught myself before I said "utter fucking bullshit." So I ask him how long how much a replacement tire is? Well, we can one by Monday. This just reinforces my intense, beyond-words, hatred for the Sam Walton empire. MONDAY? I WON'T FUCKING BE HERE! Thankfully, my mother is smart enough to have a full-size spare and threw out her donut, so I might just wing it and hope for the best. AAA Premier membership is pricey, but I once had to be towed 200 miles, so I'm not going to bitch about it. Anyway, I'm off to the wedding rehearsal, and the dinner after is being catered by another classmate who's now a linguistics professor at Michigan State. I know he's a great chef, so things can only get better from here.

Ohhhh OK... Thanks Aihfl. I know who BBQ Becky is now... I remember that piece of shit called police on that black family that was bbqing. That shit made me sick as fuck when I heard that story on MSNBC.

No, I haven't heard that, but I'll take it as a compliment since he's not a bad looking guy and he is a fellow member of the tribe, but no one would mix up our politics for sure. And I am about 10-11 years older. I used to have a goatee (too much white in it anymore so I shaved it off) and an uncanny number of people told me I looked like Andrea Bocelli, which I really found off the wall.

Barbecue Becky is racist scum who called police because an African-American family had the temerity to enjoy a barbecue in a public park. This got national media attention because came right on the heels of five African American ladies enjoying a game of golf at a Pennsylvania Country Club having the police called on them (c'mon, if you can afford club dues, you're not from Baltimore or South Philly) and an African American real estate agent was arrested in Philadelphia while waiting for a client inside a Starbucks, without having purchased anything. Trevor Noah on The Daily Show said he should have just had a MacBook and earbuds and told the manager he was working on a screenplay. He said that's all people do in Starbucks is wait - he called it a bus station with an espresso machine.

Lady, it's difficult to eat well when you're living by yourself so I relate. I'm not a leftovers kind of guy, so I don't really cook much for myself because I get tired very quickly of eating the same thing for several meals in a row. So aside from breakfast (my favorite meal anyway), I rarely cook for myself and am probably overly dependent on prepackaged processed foods, but I do try to balance it out since I have a Korean grocery in the 'hood, and they have a lot of prepared food (esp. on Sundays) and it's largely healthy. And I try to have a big salad every day - usually in the evening so I'm not taking in a large number of calories closer to bedtime. I haven't eaten McDonalds in probably a decade, and it's probably pushing 5 years for both Burger King and Wendy's, though when the craving hits for Popeye's chicken, nothing else will do, and it's right around the corner. I even rarely eat pizza and Chinese takeout anymore and I used to live for Chinese buffets. I'm pretty frugal these days, so the only eating out I do is basically when I go to my weekly trivia game with friends from AA (and Sonny likes to go because he gets handouts - it's an open air place so dog friendly) and even then I usually get fish tacos because they're so tasty at this particular joint.

Anyway, fuuuuuuck me. I borrowed my mother's car to drive from Tennessee to Illinois so I wouldn't have to deal with a rental and I had a fucking flat (which was really fun to change on the side of the interstate, let me tell you, with asshole truckers not moving over and whizzing past at 80mph inches away). No problem, she has road hazard coverage. So I thought. Well, I was informed by the inbred at Mal-Wart that the tire was considered "abused" since I didn't immediately change it. WTF? I almost lost my shit, but I'm trying to be better than that. I told him I was going 70mph and when I became aware there was a problem, I stopped and changed the tire, so this idea that I drove for miles on that tire was "patently absurd" (my words, because I caught myself before I said "utter fucking bullshit." So I ask him how long how much a replacement tire is? Well, we can one by Monday. This just reinforces my intense, beyond-words, hatred for the Sam Walton empire. MONDAY? I WON'T FUCKING BE HERE! Thankfully, my mother is smart enough to have a full-size spare and threw out her donut, so I might just wing it and hope for the best. AAA Premier membership is pricey, but I once had to be towed 200 miles, so I'm not going to bitch about it. Anyway, I'm off to the wedding rehearsal, and the dinner after is being catered by another classmate who's now a linguistics professor at Michigan State. I know he's a great chef, so things can only get better from here.

you sound like you let yourself get worked up with resentment before I assume you work the steps and let go of it?? if so that seems to me a healthy strategy - temporarily letting yourself get angry before letting it go and moving on, rather than trying to force yourself to not feel anger and pushing it down beneath the surface & letting it fester in your mind. The facilitator at the rehab I was at who was 20 years sober told me of a similar technique - he would call his sponsor who also had >20 years sober, and he would basically scream into the phone about whatever was bugging him, the sponsor would be like "You done?" and he'd say "Yeah" and then let it go, replacing the anger with forgiveness and acceptance. Do you do the same??

Be careful, ladyh. You have a lot of shit going in in your life right now, a lot of little frustrations and major problems. You've been doing so well!

Just rolled back into my mother's after 6 hours on the road. She asked me this morning what I would want to eat, and I told her "anything BUT beef" since I had two huge pieces of prime rib at my friend's wedding reception last night. She acknowledged it by saying, "Oh, because I bought a steak..." And what does she fix but the fucking steak? It's been over 20 years since I lived in the Midwest and that unhealthy meat and starch heavy diet already has me bound up (sorry - probably TMI), and I'm not eating another piece of meat for the next few days. Typical of her passive aggressive antics. And she just confronted me over it. I hate to let this ruin a lovely weekend but I'm tired, hungry and grouchy and can't wait to get the hell away from her.

Otherwise, the weekend was really quite lovely, but extremely tiring. I basically got to Illinois just in time for a tux fitting then basically went straight to the wedding rehearsal, then the dinner, then was out until midnight with the best man and his brother, both of whom are old, old friends. Next morning was a choir rehearsal (got shanghaied into singing), then a quick catered lunch, then the ceremony, then pictures, then the reception...A long day. Today was brunch at the bride's parents' home and I got a later start than I anticipated because they opened gifts and I felt it would be rude to leave in the middle of that. My friend is basically my best friend from college, and it was great to other friends and former faculty members who came - I was seated next to one at the reception and we had a great time talking about old times. And like the Halloween party, parties are much more fun when you're not shitfaced. I didn't drink at all, because it's much easier to just take a pass than to try and stop once I start. I am really happy for my friend. Although we're pushing middle age, she seems like she was worth the wait.

Last edited:
Don't ever apologize for talking about your bowl movements in this thread. This is a safe space for those sorts of things :p I have IBS so I talk about my poop a lot...luckily my boyfriend has the sense of humor of a 12 year old and loves that I'm so open about it. I swear, if people heard the things we say to each other sometimes...one time i told him. "jesus I hope you don't get murdered tonight and someone has to read our texts back and forth from tonight in court..." ANYWAYS

Nice job on not drinking at the wedding, A! And especially after such a frustrating commute. You're really killing it at this sobriety thing right now! I've found that not drinking (or in my case, not drinking much bc I can stop myself..usually) makes everything so much better. Back in my 'drink to get trashed' days I would often be useless the whole next day after a big event/party. I didn't realize how much my life suffered as a result. Laying around for an entire day feeling like death got me behind on housework, schoolwork, you name it. I enjoy being able to get up at 10am after a party (or later depending on how late I stayed...I'm still a nightowl even when not drunk) and feel good, without any regrets or the "what the hell did i do last night?" thoughts and continue taking care of my shit. I had to call it quits on the regular heavy drinking after my hangovers lasted more than just one day and almost entire half of weeks were worthless. I feel like i'm genetically not supposed to be a drinker, ya know? I don't handle booze well and I have nasty hangovers..I feel like its a sign.

Well my weekend was decent. While I did drink a bit, nothing outrageous and I did everything in moderation. Friday night was a chill one for me and the bf (he comes up to see me on weekends for those just tuning in), we ordered in food and watched Game of Thrones in the warmth of my home (it was COLD this weekend, down almost to the 30's at night). I'm ashamed to admit this being a nerd and all, but I just finally started game of thrones a couple of months ago and have been trying to catch up in time for the last season which airs in several months. It took awhile because I have a problem with falling asleep immediately when someone puts something on (I've done this my whole life, even before dope...but dope made it even worse) but I'm in season 3 right now and LOVING IT. Saturday was a busy one for us..we went to a big chili cookoff/block party that happens every year in a part of the city called Cabbagetown where we met some friends, ate TONS of chili, had a beer or two..but had to leave kinda early bc my friend who passed away's funeral was at 3. That was hard. I cried hard for the first real time since finding out she passed away. It was tough being there in the exact same spot she married 2 years prior..with the same people in attendance...but a much much much more somber mood. It was nice seeing people I hadn't seen in awhile and we started making plans to spend more time together, so I guess something good came out of it. After the funeral, we went to a party of my boyfriend's friends down where he lives. My bf used to be big into the local theater there and I used to do theater as a kid-high school but kinda lost interest after discovering substances. His friends there are a lot of theater folk and they were trying to talk me into trying out for The Sound of Music in a few months. I'm thinking about it...a new/revisited hobby might be just what I need. It was a fun party though. It was nice meeting some of my bfs old theater friends and it was the first time I had seen a lot of his other friends since we got back together and it turns out they all still love me and are happy we are back together and that I'm doing well. It was good to hear those things what with all the bs coming from his family (still). Nice to know its just them..everyone else is sympathetic to the fact that my drug addiction doesn't mean I'm a bad person. Sunday was another chill day with game of thrones and delivery. Daylight savings totally threw me off.

Things are still good. Still at 80mg of methadone, still on the juul vape to try and quit smoking (had one cig all weekend at the party sat night), still going to the gym 3-5 days a week (starting to get a killer bod now too a month in!). Things at work have eased up a bit and everything's peaceful with me and HR girl since our little talk. I'm enjoying the good while its here..bc I know how life is and it won't always be like this. When responding to a friend's fb shared post saying: "Why is methadone free when people have to pay for chemo??" and mentioning i was a former heroin user, she responded that she had no idea about that about me..but that I was "killing the game these days". Made me feel great that that's how people are perceiving me now. I'm a really open person and I don't hide much, esp. my recovery treatment and I've found that pretty much everyone is incredibly supportive and proud of me. Ya know, everyone except the bf's parents, but fuck em. I also found I easily changed her opinion of methadone treatment after she realized someone she knew was on it and was doing well in life. I've become that guy by the way...lol...always getting into debates about opiate addiction, methadone treatment, etc. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I'm a fairly well spoken individual and a lot of people would never guess what kind of addiction I had, so I find I have the ability to change some people's views on the common addict...to make them realize we live among them..that friends, family members, even your own sig other could be an addict and you might not even have a clue. Not everyone's views can be changed, obviously, but you can't win every battle. I've found the world is becoming a lot more intelligent and empathetic to addiction vs in the past...sadly its prob bc its affecting Caucasians and upper class individuals at a higher rate than previous drug epidemics..but whatever gets the correct information finally out there..sigh...

Thanks for all the support as always, BL!

That's awesome for that lady! I'm fortunate that I didn't lose much (and was, very very luckily, able to get what I lost back after some time and hard work) but I recognize what I could've lost..and STILL COULD if I let myself get too comfortable or think i can use "just once" again.

There's rumors going around that my job may be closing down soon. Just rumors..but its making me nervous. I was a bartender (and a pretty well known one in this city by the end of my career) for 12 years here and I can easily find a bar gig within literally hours of losing a job. However, I like my 9-5 life and don't want to go back into that industry again...esp for my sobriety's sake...so I've been sending out resumes all day on linkedin. Might just be a rumor, but I want to have options if it isn't.

Meh...

Well, it turned out to be a bit more than rumors..

They're making major cut-backs, employee wise and several people are getting laid off this week. Apparently I'm safe...but the company's future isn't clear so...sending out resumes today for sure.

Morning y'all.

Life...amirite? Ugh. The good news is, I still had a job when I woke up this morning. The bad news? I'm not sure how many more mornings I'll be able to say that. My boss had probably the most "real" talk I've ever had with him..no company morale boosting bullshit or fake promises. I don't know if y'all who've been following me remember, but back in March the boss I joined this company to work for, who was a personal friend of mine and the company's attorney, quit because he had lots of proof that the chairman/ceo/founder of our company was using company funds for personal use and he didn't want to get in trouble himself (what with him being the legal representation for this person). I've always known this company was shady and things would not last forever, and it looks like shit's finally officially hit the fan. The company is almost out of money due to my chairman's overspending (likes to show off wealth and live a ridiculously expensive lifestyle) and poor investments. My boss, the second in command (and actual acting head of the company...my ceo is often off golfing or vacationing or with his mistress or whatever) has been warning him for awhile to get his shit together, but he hasn't. We have a lot of angry investors and potential lawsuits piling up. Due to a shortage of funds they've been making massive layoffs ...they fired our entire korea, nj, and ny offices a few weeks ago..this week they have begun letting our more useless upper mgmt go (the ones making the most money). My boss told me yesterday basically who was getting canned and who wasn't and, thankfully, I am not. My boss is the VP of the company and an awesome guy who loves me. I'm one of the few people here he trusts to get things he needs done actually done (the admins here are young and frequently drop tasks if they're too difficult or they don't feel like doing them) and he told me he has protected me and told the board that he needs me to stay, but many others will be gone by Friday. He did say that he wasn't sure if he would even stay past the next couple of months, so I took that as a hint that I need to get my job hunt underway. He told me he wants to start his own business, without the stigma attached to the name of my ceo (which is shitty by now..lots of bad stuff about him on the internet) and he wants to hire me, but I've heard stuff like that before..I won't hold my breath. I'm happy to have a job today and my boss promised me I'd have one for at least another month or two (minimum...maybe as long as another year even) and that I will receive some severance if I do get laid off after that, but I'm nervous for the future. I really like the 9-5 life and the stability it brings, but I don't have a complteted degree (a couple classes short) or a tremendous amount of "office work" experience...I was a bartender for 12 years before this. I could get a well paying, kickass bartending gig within minutes of losing this job, but I don't want to. I hate the late nights and the toxic environment of being a bartender (yes even in nice/5 star places it's overrun with drugs and alcoholism) even if the money will probably be better than any job I could find in an office. This, and my bf works a 9-5 and our weekends are precious to us. If I become a bartender again, I can say goodbye to those weekends. Ugh. I hope I find something soon. I'm a great networker, that's how I've found jobs like the one I have now, so I'm hoping my large network of friends can help me out. I put out the beacon on facebook today.

I'm trying not to work myself up about all of this. I know I'll be fine. I'm glad this happened now and not when I was in active addiction because I have a decent amount of savings and much more stable life than I did then. I will be fine financially for awhile and I have my bf and my mother who've offered financial help if worst comes to worst..but I don't think it will. I'm one of those people who's never gone more than a day or two without being employed...I just can't not work. I think if I married a billionaire, I'd still have some kind of job (even if that job was to, like, sample ice cream or something lol)

It's raining hard as fuck today. My commute in took my 20 min longer than usual. One bonus to this situation, my boss isn't going to fire me for being late here and there now, minor in the grand scheme of things. Oh! And that nasty HR bitch got canned...so there's one plus side (i'd feel bad but she's married to a rich dude, so I know she won't suffer too much from this firing).

Anyways..

I hope y'all are having a better week than I am..

Hey guys.

Gonna make this one quick because it's *almost* the end of the work day and I have a hair cut I have to rush to as soon as clock strikes 5pm.

Well guys, I have TWO interviews before the week is done, a phone interview tomorrow and an in-person one with a diff company Friday. Both jobs pay about what mine does but offer better benefits and are closer to my home. I also have a few more leads on some very promising positions. Wish me luck guys, it looks like things may work out for me.

I've been enjoying work this week...since I know we're shutting down soon, I've been using a lot of work time for personal matters (like finding a new job lol) and that's been nice...VERY on top of things at the moment. I just got back from running to the post office (aka shopping for new interview clothes for an hour with a very quick post office stop). Trying to stay positive and make the most of the situation.

Still dope free at 80mg methadone. Still going to the gym 3-5 nights each week, and still no cigs (only juul pods). Life's as good as it could be considering the situation. <3 Much love, y'all keep me and my job hunt in your thoughts