Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A game of Life or Death.

BliSSS*

Bluelighter
A Conversation I just had with a friend
smile.gif

Thought I'd get opinions.
These people are treating it like its nothing just a game, they have no real idea how dangerous it it.
Okay, have shortened it a bit now.
You have sent a message!
how utterly stupid is this..
we went to hungry jax the other day & mikey knew the girl & he's like you going to united & she's like no, my friend wants to try a pill so it'll be her first, but she has a heart condition so we will probably just stay home..
So I had to jump in & I'm like umm.. if she has a heart condition you should probably go to the party where there is st johns on hand.
stupid stupid children.
Isn't that the most stupid thing you have heard & when I said that she looked at me like I was stupid & was like ehh.. maybe.
She's like 16, and she has only been dumping 6 months, this poor girl has a heart condition and a fucking little kid who has dumped about twice thinks she is experienced enough to look after her friend.
Like Ohh I know what I'm doing it's okay..
Dumb bitch!
her friend will probably have something go wrong.
hello Sublime guy!!
Anyway end Quote.
But I am phoning the one I know, and talking to her, making threats of telling a parent if they don't listen and will follow through if need be.
I'm not saying she shouldn't try, or they shouldn't dump just that they should be near medical help if its needed.
I don't want to get them in trouble, or stop them having fun, but they are young and stupid and could be risking their friends life.
Anyway, opinions
smile.gif

jaX*
[This message has been edited by BliSSS (edited 08 June 2000).]

Uh, not quite sure what you mean.
There were two kids, how old? and one of them had taken drugs a couple of times so thought she knew what she was doing, is that it ?
------------------
"Modern music is as dangerous as narcotics." Pietro Mascagni

don't forget one of them is a skanky hoe
(i'm sorry, but its hard to be helpful when It immposible to decifer)

I think that I understand this one...
BliSSS, I agree with you in that the girl who is taking the pill is taking a huge risk. Anybody with a heart condition that goes and messes with amphetamines is just asking for trouble. Do I think that you'll get anywhere by telling her friend that she's wrong & you're right? No, because 16 year old girls are 16 year old girls & they (like anybody, really) don't like being told they are dumb, stupid or whatever (& because of the whole rebelling against parents thing, the last thing they want is another "authority" telling them what to do). Though your intentions are honourable, your methods could probably be thought out a little more. I would suggest against telling her straight out that they have to listen to you or else. Give her the facts (without being patronising because you "know" more than them), tell her that you are concerned & would be a little less so if they considered your advice. If it still doesn't look like having an effect, then perhaps suggest you'll tell her parents.
As for the suggestion that she should go to the party because "there is St John's on hand", I'd have to disagree. Not to be cold about it (putting on the asbestos suit), but if they're gonna be stupid, let them do it at home. 000 is there if things fuck up.
Make them aware of the (incredibly high) risks, arm them with as much knowledge as possible (maybe print out the EVERYBODY READ thread & give it to her?), & let them play. You can't do any more than that.
Ben.
[This message has been edited by Ben (edited 08 June 2000).]

Shit my head hurts..was that one guy and two girls...mmmmmm or was it two guys and a girl, quick someone pass me that bong I need some extra help on this one

Don't know about anyone else but my heart rate surely doubles when I'm on anything decent.
Dealing with a 16 year old who knows everything is tough. Tell her the truth, be brutal. Make her think about the consequences. Does she want a fucked up or possibly dead friend. You are doing the right thing to threaten whatever you have to.
One of my best mates had a heart condition, and until his operation he didn't do anything (not even alcohol) for 2 years. Sucked for him but we never let him give in and have anything (quite convenient having a constant sober driver as well really, hehehe...)

If by some miracle nothing happens to this chick, she'll probably think it'll be alright every time, and do it again, with less caution
frown.gif

And then she'll die or something and make the headlines...and being so young, it'll be the whole anna-wood-type-hype "big bad drug killed innocent little girl"
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by E Bee (edited 08 June 2000).]

Chill out!
I have a heart condition (pulmonary stenosis), which has never bothered me - [I don't think?], and am also extremely allergic to sulphur, as in, the next time I ingest sulphur it is highly likely my oesophogus (sp?) will swell to the point where I will not be able to inhale, hence suffocate to death. [Sulphur could easily be cut into, wizz, E's, coke, unsuspectingly.]
I party will full knowledge of these conditions, so it is my stupidity you may say, which I am aware of. However, there is no way I am going to drink every time I go out just in case I accidentally keel over and die.
Why live if you can't have fun?
Basically, if she wants to do this shit, let her, and let the consequences fall on her.

I have to agree with E Bee. You may think OK just let her learn the hard way, but if that happens we all suffer the consequences: bad press, tougher possession penalities, etc. It only takes one foolish, inexperienced person to make a mistake and we all suffer because of that. I think most people on this board are fairly sensible and are aware of the dangers of e, but if this chick isn't willing to take advice from an experienced piller she souldn't be pilling in the first place.
On the other hand, if she's a skanky hoe.....

yeah, yeah. She fucks up, we all suffer blah blah blah. I agree. But we can't go & say "Dont do this, you'll spoil our fun if things fuck up", because then we're all just fascist pigs. She needs to be made aware of the risk & then decide whether to take that risk or not. If she fucks up we have to deal with all the shit that comes with that. Live with it. She won't be.

I have absolutely no idea what this post is about. Who dies when?????
Or Am I just dumb?

I think I like see your point???!!?!?
You know like that guy who like carked it at the old sublime... he had like a heart condition... but like he wasn't a skanky hoe, and he was like older than 16.
Funny how like the media screamed like "DeSiGneR DrUGs" when like he died.... but funny how we never heard the outcome of the autospy (or did we?? ) - yeah I can see the headline now "AUTOPSY - SUBLIME DEATH NOT ECSTACY" -that'd be the day !

Sorry Lulu I am not chilling out either, I agree with Ben on this one. Your heart condition may be different to what this girl has.
It has to be seriously irresponsible to be dropping "E" if you yourself have a heart condition. Sure life is short and we all want to have a good time, but think of the people we leave behind to deal with mess if something were to happen. This girl may be young and 16 years old and arming her with the knowledge and the facts about "E" is just not enough. Someone has to stand up and say enough is enough.
Tell her parents, get it out in the open for gods sake...talk talk talk... and then let her decide if it will all be worth it. How are you going to feel Ms BlISSS if something happens, St Johns ambulance may not be enough.
I leave you with this thought and a side story.....
Approximatley 3 weeks ago in Perth a guy by the name of "Richard" died from a heart condition. Through a friend of a friend the official cause was found to be SIDS...Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. And this guy was 30 years old. Now he had been popping for a long while and thought everything would be alright. But after rolling for most of the night on this occasion and having a nasty row with his girlfriend that morning he headed home, and not able to sleep took two sleeping pills. Well the effect of sleeping pills was such that it slow his heart down to such an extent that it stopped, and his girlfriend found him dead two hours later. She is still messed up and in a very sorry state.
Take care all.
Coconut.

Unfortunately, with the majority of girls (and guys) at this age, you can not help them when they are determined to do something like this. You have buckleys in trying to stop them, however I'm sure that if you commissioned somebody close to them in whom they trust, to talk to them about the potential dangers, they may just listen.
A Utopian statement, I know.
------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: CONSUMPTION OF e! CAUSES EXCESS SKINNY DIPPING WITH FRIENDS.
"Come in, it's really warm"!
Keep Rolling.

Thought you might all be interested to know that I spoke to one of her friends on say thursday night, rather harshly, making sure she understood the implications of what they were planning on doing and she passed the information on to her friends.
She still hasn't read up on E but then again, she didn't dump either.
She got scared and decided against it.
jaX*