• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives A Fix: Need to talk on ketamine or other dissos but can only speak robotic? Instant cure!

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
Everyone will be familiar with this effect of disso's/ketamine.

Sometimes its just annoying, sometimes funny, sometimes a matter of getting in serious trouble. You miss syllables, you sound like a robot, a fool, a kethead, whatever.

Always thought the only cure was time or a bump of coke, but it's not... it's far easier.

I couldn't speak at my pals a few years back, and found myself stumbling through a story, and out of frustration I read a tiny little poem printed on a newspaper to see if I could force speech, and could have sworn it actually helped. So I started reading out articles, just anything, to condition my speech.

What I realised is that very certain syllables were what I couldn't pronounce. So I sang the alpbabet, which seemed to help/emphasise those tricky sylables. Second time was way easier, third time I flew, fourth... no ketted robot talk.

So yeah, exercise your sylables by singing the alphabet, if you can't talk again on ket, but need to fix it. Each succesive time, your speech should improve. You can even do it under your breath. 3-4 times = speech back in the flow.

Last edited:
Sing your way out, I swear!
Nice, great idea. I mean we have heard from past authors that singing on DMT can reverse a bad trip. Possibly. However in this instance with ketamine it seems to be a different mechanism. The brain is a muscle. Exercise it in any way and it will get stronger. So I can see even on ketamine if that muscle is exercised then maybe this effect of stuttering can be corrected. Worked through.

Me not a ketamine guy (although as it becomes legal I may try again a time of two) but I am an idea guy. And I like this idea. I mean, if anyone disagrees please present something better. ;)

Nice, great idea. I mean we have heard from past authors that singing on DMT can reverse a bad trip. Possibly. However in this instance with ketamine it seems to be a different mechanism. The brain is a muscle. Exercise it in any way and it will get stronger. So I can see even on ketamine if that muscle is exercised then maybe this effect of stuttering can be corrected. Worked through.

Me not a ketamine guy (although as it becomes legal I may try again a time of two) but I am an idea guy. And I like this idea. I mean, if anyone disagrees please present something better. ;)

Your thinking matches mine on the way it works. Makes me wonder if the reason cocaine works for so many, is the same but the opposite. Sylables and speech flow quicker, which is why people are so content with telling you something while simultaneously boring you.

The irony of course, is that I cant spell sylable.

Oh and obviously this won't help if you're in the ninth year of a k-hole and just sniffed a dinner plate line.

Oh and obviously this won't help if you're in the ninth year of a k-hole and just sniffed a dinner plate line.
Haha even then I’m sure we can find one guy on this planet that could pull that off!

You got banned in that time?
Some would say that Electrum is permanently 'temporarily banned', but can still access the forum normally ;)
He "paid off admin" (won a poetry or photo or sports contest I think)