• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe 8mg Bupenorphine

The nausea, opiates tend to cause, is like motion sickness. If it bothers you, try something like Meclizine, or some other motion sickness pills. Works like wonders.

Oh god. I'm having flash backs to the first time I ever took Suboxone. I was very Opiate naive at the time, ie "snort a blue Roxy 30 once a week or so" naive.
So basically these older, more Opiate experienced guys were supposed to get us some blues. However they couldn't find so they gave me and my (also Opiate naive) friend a half of an orange 8 mg Suboxone pill and told us to "each do half of this half a pill and we'd be good".
Well them being Opiate experienced should have known even roughly 2 mg would br way too much to a couple of Opiate naive 18 year olds.
So 20 minutes after snorting the orange flavored pill, I was feeling really good. However after about two hours I threw up. Not too ominous a sign as blues did make me vomit on occassion.
Then about 30 minutes later I vomited again. And by now I felt way too fucked up, to the point that I couldn't keep my eyes open and was vomiting every 40 minutes or so. Not fun. And my friend was even worse off than I was.
When I woke up the next morning I threw up one final time. I felt this heavy groggy nausea all day, as did my friend.
So in summary, if you don't have an Opiate tolerance, don't take Subs. They are meant for people with a high Opiate dependence that are in withdrawl and they will mess you up otherwise.

I don't understand why people would want to abuse bupe. I take it to keep me off of H and I don't see any recreational value in it whatsoever.

Did you guys just necro a thread with a dosage suggestion? Dude probably isn't even messing with bupe anymore. Bupe Dr.'s can be pretty fickle.

I don't understand why people would want to abuse bupe. I take it to keep me off of H and I don't see any recreational value in it whatsoever.

Probably cause you have a heroin tolerance.

For some one with no tolerance or tolerance to less potent opioids, bupe can be highly recreational.

Don't use H or suboxone for 2 weeks and then take 2mg of suboxone and see what happens. Less is also more. Subs act more like an antagonist in high maintenance doses.

with no tolerance 0,5mg buprenorphine is enough. btw the highest dosage used that ive seen was in some paper, 192mg daily...

wtf.... 192mg??? Aren't like 80-90% of your receptors completely covered at a certain dose, what would 192mg even do???? I could MAYBE see it for some one coming off an incredible potent full agonist, but to be on 192mgs daily? Wtf.

Yea I always thought that after like 24 mg or something like that it stopped working ??? Idk but damn that's alot.m I'm on 20 mg I thought that was a lot

i looked again, it was just 129mg i.v. daily..

Holy fuck....

Did they report any actual effects or relief from this dosage? It just seems like it makes no sense since once your opioid receptors are saturated, it doesn't bring on any more effects.

I have heard that the half life is shorter when used IV, but even then still, the dosage is insane.

Thanks izo!

I saw 99.9mg rather than 129mg but that's besides the point here. What an interesting read. I find buprenorphine typically sucks ass for pain. lol
Hell if I'm dying, I'd rather go out with some intoxication than NONE. Interesting!

in the article they mention that the dose was 129mg.

in the article they mention that the dose was 129mg.
Which part of the article?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't see it. Maybe I'm reading it wrong or seeing it wrong?

"The case of a 78-year-old patient with cancer-related pain and additionally mixed-pain syndrome is presented. Pain therapy with buprenorphine TTS 210 microg/h every 3 days was sufficient in the beginning, later the therapy was changed because of increasing problems of tape fixing during fever periods under chemotherapy to a continuous infusion of buprenorphine intravenously via an external medication pump. During the course of therapy it became necessary to increase the dose to 99.9 mg/day buprenorphine. Under this medication a sufficient pain reduction (median NRS 2-3) over a period of 135 days could be achieved. At the same time the patient was vigilant and cooperative without signs of intoxication until the end of life at home in the presence of his family.If no signs of intoxication occur under extreme opioid therapy and a sufficient pain therapy can be achieved, a rotation to another opioid is not necessary. However, outpatient palliative care requires a frequent adaptation to the individually varying opioid demand of the patient and time-consuming nursing care. "

All I see is 99.9mg a day? But that's still an insanely high dose, it might as well be 129mg. lol

i have the pdf, 129mg per day i.v. is stated there...

i have the pdf, 129mg per day i.v. is stated there...

Aah ok!
That's incredible!

So confusing too, as most pain relief from opioids come from them agonizing the mu receptor, which buprenorphine doesn't do in higher doses (or so I've always read & thought).

buprenorphine beiing a partial agonst mainly leads to tachyphylaxis in my experience.

I'd have to agree. After 5 years, I am miserable on buprenorphine. It just does not satisfy my drug cravings, yet at the same time, getting off of it isn't going to help me either.

I wish they'd offer traditional opiates for maintenance. Bupe rapidly loses all of it's effects and I don't just mean the high, but I mean any positive effects really.

I've found that going over 20mg tends to make me feel like I'm almost in withdrawal.

If I go a few days without a dose and then take some, it feels pretty good and lifts my mood. But by the second day, it's already back to feeling like a non-euphoric heavy lethargic "medicated" type feeling, rather than a warm bliss that traditional opiates provide. I hate it.

Last edited: